Author Topic: indep personal trainer bussiness...  (Read 4618 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
indep personal trainer bussiness...
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:27:12 AM »
as a personal trainer i look for new ways to get my name out there...i have been in talks about a radio show and a tv show locally..this is romania by the way...i would like some sugestions, ideeas, etc.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: indep personal trainer bussiness...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »
Get business cards made and hand them to every person you see.  Nothing like personal networking.  You should be handing out 200+ cards a day.  Go to business that have bulletin boards and post up a flyer.  Put flyers on cars.  Get a website.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »
In addition to networking, your current and former clients are your best form of marketing.  Take care of them and they will refer plenty of new business. 

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:53:15 PM »
Ask 240..  I know what he'll say.. 

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 11:24:19 PM »
as a personal trainer i look for new ways to get my name out there...i have been in talks about a radio show and a tv show locally..this is romania by the way...i would like some sugestions, ideeas, etc.

Romania, hmm tough one.  My wife is Hungarian.  Not really like a place full of people with cash to spend am I right?
Most are all show no go!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »
Go to sporting events, bodybuilding competitions, if you have any stores nearby that sell supplements or health food, leave a few cards with them. You definitely need to have cards made up though. I always get a couple of clients from bodybuilding shows by handing out cards backstage while I'm getting ready to go onstage.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 12:30:44 AM »
Romania, hmm tough one.  My wife is Hungarian.  Not really like a place full of people with cash to spend am I right?
you are wrong...more money then where u are at...and more people that spend.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 04:51:57 AM »
Ask 240..  I know what he'll say.. 

LOL!!

BBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 08:41:03 PM »

Yeah right my friend.Same in Bulgaria-10% super rich and 90% poor to super poor.Don't feed people with this BS here.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 12:42:59 AM »
i don't know about your shithole but here in mine people with lots of money like to spend. And there are lots of them. Now go back to the hole u came from and keep your enlightening thoughts to yourself..biatch.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 12:44:29 AM »
And another thing numnuts...personal training adresses to the people that can AFFORD it . wink.

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »
wow, friendly conversation. Anywho, I would also add: make your business cards, ads everything, mesh together and stick with the same fonts and imagery to create an identity. Business cards that stand out get passed around because people want to show other people a great card. IF you are willing to spend some money get some brushed aluminum or steal cards made up for your high end clients and it is basically a garunteed referral. Sorry about the spelling...

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 08:38:30 AM »

Well I'm glad to hear that.  PT's here in las vegas aren't doing so hot.  Not the ones at the gym anyway, not too many professional ones here.  When I trained people 20 yrs ago, before it was fashionable, I used to flyer cars in a supermarket parkin lot.
Most are all show no go!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 12:14:26 PM »
thanx guys for the input...i will invest more in cards.

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »
Go to your local tv station and propose to them a "fit minute" on air once a week. That way you get the exposure and the station provides a weekly "health tip" for thier viewers during the morning news.
The BBinsider

spiderman405

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »
so to really get started from scratch... i have a website now. How much money do you guys think a trainer needs to spend on cards, fliers advertising etc per month when starting from the begining to build clients?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 05:14:23 AM »
IMO, get the basics (cards and flyers), but the real cost will be the time it takes to hit the street, meet people, and just talk.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:27:54 AM »
IMO, get the basics (cards and flyers), but the real cost will be the time it takes to hit the street, meet people, and just talk.

This is true.  Everyone is a potential client.  And taking care of your existing clients is even more important. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 11:16:24 PM »
yep, getting started I had these 300website.com t-shirts I wore everywhere.  a few people each day would ask about it, and just about all of them knew a guy who needed a website.  Today I have enough referrals and a few longterm deals where I don't need to hustle nearly as much, but if the market ever wen south, i'm pretty confident I would be able to hit the bricks for a day or two and gain ten clients, like I had to back then. 

looking back, i don't know how i would just chat with strangers - i am not a 'chatty' guy as dean will attest to.  but when you have bills to pay, you don't think about that.