Author Topic: Amazing Racism......  (Read 4021 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Amazing Racism......
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 01:49:44 PM »
black people are the most racist people on earth, they hate white people, latino people, orientals, yet it's accepted because "they are a minority and they have no power". ::)

yup, agreed.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »
Not according to American society.  Anyone who appears to be black is considered black.  Obama is called "African American" by pretty much all of the pundits.  I know lots of bi/multiracial people (black + something else) and if they "look black," they're considered black.
That's fine, but looking and being is different. Wouldn't you agree?  Most biracial blacks look black but that doesn't make them Black.  Just my .02
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »
That's fine, but looking and being is different. Wouldn't you agree?  Most biracial blacks look black but that doesn't make them Black.  Just my .02

Define Black.
w

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 02:02:37 PM »
Define Black.

Yeah, that's what i thought, too!

Snoop Dogg or Collin Powell?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »
Define Black.
Black to me?  Keep in mind it is my opinion, not fact.

100% from African descent.  No white, mexican, etc.  African American is a term only for people immediatley from Africa.  Blacks can be poor, middle class, rich but I consider a black 100%.  I don't define it baased on actions, personality, etc.  There are different degrees of blacks based on personality, but not in race IMO.  I don't think Halle Berry, Prince, etc are black.  They can call themselves black but it is not fair to their other culture.

Yeah, that's what i thought, too!

Snoop Dogg or Collin Powell?
Although Powell refuses to be a pawn in America's race game, his backgound in military conservatism has made his relationship to the Black community tenuous. In direct conflict with the Congressional Black Caucus, he opposed lifting the ban on gays in the armed forces. The General also spoke out against the Million Man March on National television on the day of the event. Unlike some prominent Black men, like Johnnie Cochran, who boycotted the March because of its exclusion of Black women, Powell did not address the destructive issue of gender divisiveness. When many National leaders were able to seperate the messenger from the message, Powell publically drew an analogy between Louis Farrakhan's anti-Semitism and Mark Furhman's racism. On a day that was set aside for Black economic empowerment, Powell did just that: he held a signing, and sold his book. Powell's book signing and promotion remind us that his economic allegiances tie him to the power elite.
Powell is a Black man, but in the tradition of H. Ross Perot he has tried to convince us that he is a common man, and nothing could be further from the truth. As a self proclaimed "fiscal conservative with a social conscience,(608)" Powell has no vision for the half of Black children who grow up in poverty. During his September 15, 1995 interview with Barbara Walters, Powell admitted that he did not know very much about the welfare system. The former Joint Chiefs of Staff has no insight into this problem, and why should he? Colin Powell has moved far from his humble South Bronx beginnings, and as he told The New Yorker, "...I just figured out what the white guys were doing."
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »

I agree.  I'm just talking about how society views and labels people. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »
I agree.  I'm just talking about how society views and labels people. 
Then you are correct sir.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
Black to me?  Keep in mind it is my opinion, not fact.

100% from African descent. No white, mexican, etc.  African American is a term only for people immediatley from Africa.

Using that strict definition, you've pretty much ruled out the entire Black population of the USA, and most of the world

Blacks can be poor, middle class, rich but I consider a black 100%.  I don't define it baased on actions, personality, etc.  There are different degrees of blacks based on personality, but not in race IMO.

{LOL} This is ridiculous! Do you not see the ridiculousness of your own statement?

You give the definition of Black as something based solely on racial purity, then turn around and ascribe it to personality. Does that make Vanilla Ice Black? Does that then make me White?

I don't think Halle Berry, Prince, etc are black.  They can call themselves black but it is not fair to their other culture.

You may not, ...but I guarantee you the rest of the world including them do.

Although Powell refuses to be a pawn in America's race game, his backgound in military conservatism has made his relationship to the Black community tenuous. In direct conflict with the Congressional Black Caucus, he opposed lifting the ban on gays in the armed forces. The General also spoke out against the Million Man March on National television on the day of the event. Unlike some prominent Black men, like Johnnie Cochran, who boycotted the March because of its exclusion of Black women, Powell did not address the destructive issue of gender divisiveness. When many National leaders were able to seperate the messenger from the message, Powell publically drew an analogy between Louis Farrakhan's anti-Semitism and Mark Furhman's racism. On a day that was set aside for Black economic empowerment, Powell did just that: he held a signing, and sold his book. Powell's book signing and promotion remind us that his economic allegiances tie him to the power elite.
Powell is a Black man, but in the tradition of H. Ross Perot he has tried to convince us that he is a common man, and nothing could be further from the truth. As a self proclaimed "fiscal conservative with a social conscience,(608)" Powell has no vision for the half of Black children who grow up in poverty. During his September 15, 1995 interview with Barbara Walters, Powell admitted that he did not know very much about the welfare system. The former Joint Chiefs of Staff has no insight into this problem, and why should he? Colin Powell has moved far from his humble South Bronx beginnings, and as he told The New Yorker, "...I just figured out what the white guys were doing."

Where did you cut & paste that from?

Now it appears you are claiming Blackness comes from economic status or allegiance to elitism.

Does that mean that 240 is not white because he wasn't born with an elite silver spoon in his mouth?
Does that mean that Sydney Poiter is not black, because she was?

race is a genetic thing, no more no less.
And when you have genetically dominant genes, guess what... they dominate
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
Wow, did I strike a nerve?  My point is if your parents are both black, your are black.  Don't twist my words to start a fight and make me look dumb.  (your retort: you do that for yourself cap...blah, blah blah)

My second point is black is not solely defined on urban, ghetto, poor, rich, rapper, politician.  Rob, Rob and you are not black (if your not 100%..both parents) to me.  Black can have different traits, but they are learned traits.  I am Italian because my ancestors are that.  Tiger Woods is mixed because he has differing backgrounds.

Prince...black?  That's a joke.  Isn't he part Native American?

My Powell post was to illustrate how he sees himself in response to the "Snoop Dog" or "Powell" question.  I never claimed anything, hence why there was no personal comments there.

I said race was based on background (ie parents...which I stated badly).

I don't know ROb but if mommy and daddy were white, he sure is.

Calm down, then read, then post.  In that order.

Squishy face retard

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »
Where do some of you people come up with this stuff?

Please show the statiscal number showing that black people are the most racist.

Show me how you have been personally discriminated against by black people day in and day out.

Having a black person state that another black person isn't "black" enough is just stupid and ignorant.

Sandra

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »

Nope, it makes them black. nappy or straight hair, any sign of skin pigmentation means, you're out of the "white club"

Depends on how one is looked at. Personally I don't like the term 'black", because many times it has a negative conotation to it, almost akin to n****. And it is a label that black folk did not choose.

But Obama is black, and as he siad he must earned "black votes". Just because a black person is running doesn't mean he is good. I would never vote for Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Why, because they are complete idoits who are stuck in the past, stuck in 1968. Instead of looking for racism, they need to be puting plans in place of getting rid of voilence in the communities. Encouraging more black youth to enter colleges instead of prisons. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »
Nope, it makes them black. nappy or straight hair, any sign of skin pigmentation means, you're out of the "white club"

Depends on how one is looked at. Personally I don't like the term 'black", because many times it has a negative conotation to it, almost akin to n****. And it is a label that black folk did not choose.

But Obama is black, and as he siad he must earned "black votes". Just because a black person is running doesn't mean he is good. I would never vote for Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Why, because they are complete idoits who are stuck in the past, stuck in 1968. Instead of looking for racism, they need to be puting plans in place of getting rid of voilence in the communities. Encouraging more black youth to enter colleges instead of prisons. 
Well you sure as shit aren't African American. Did you come from Africa?  Did you immigrate in your lifetime?
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »
Well you sure as shit aren't African American. Did you come from Africa?  Did you immigrate in your lifetime?

Do you have any idea how offensive such a comment is? ...even if meant as a compliment?
Good Grief! Where are your brains?
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »
Do you have any idea how offensive such a comment is? ...even if meant as a compliment?
Offensive?  I'm not Italian American.  BTW, that is something that I have been taught in college, by PHD Professors.  Have a problem with that?  Are you from Africa? If so then you fit that term.  Get a clue. 
Squishy face retard

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 07:44:42 PM »
debradickerson.com

Go to her website and read about her educated views on what makes a black person black....It is really quite interesting...With her is where I got the definition of a black person categorizing a real black person as a person from western slavery heritage....
You Can't Do It!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »
debradickerson.com

Go to her website and read about her educated views on what makes a black person black....It is really quite interesting...With her is where I got the definition of a black person categorizing a real black person as a person from western slavery heritage....

I watched her being pwned the other night on the Jon Stewart show.
I think she's a full of shit opportunist who'll jump whichever way the wind can blow to bolster her profile.
w

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 04:16:41 AM »

I get what he is trying to say. I guess one could call themselves an American of African descent, if one want to get technical.

Hell, i don't care anymore.