Author Topic: Are you *sure* military recruiting is doing fine?  (Read 6892 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Are you *sure* military recruiting is doing fine?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 09:20:58 AM »
How did he get "out" of it. Not everyone in the military deploys to every war. You know only 45% of the active duty air force has spent time in Afghanistan/Iraq? Clinton left the country

So you're saying Bush didn't get out of serving? You're saying no strings were pulled so that Bush wouldn't have to go fight in Vietnam?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 09:26:25 AM »
So you're saying Bush didn't get out of serving? You're saying no strings were pulled so that Bush wouldn't have to go fight in Vietnam?

I'm saying 50% + of the active duty today hasn't gone. Have strings been pulled? excuses made? I don't worry about them, I serve my time and don't make excuses to stay home. What proof do you have Bush had strings pulled?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 09:33:50 AM »
I'm saying 50% + of the active duty today hasn't gone. Have strings been pulled? excuses made? I don't worry about them, I serve my time and don't make excuses to stay home. What proof do you have Bush had strings pulled?

You do realize of course that Clinton was studying at Oxford don't you and that he was never drafted? I'm not defending Clinton but you can't criticize one guy for not fighting and not criticize the other. It's hypocritical.

On one hand you say you don't care about strings being pulled and on the other you want proof. You couldn't be more ridiculously partisan if you tried. What proof do you have Clinton got out of fighting?  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 09:35:59 AM »
You do realize of course that Clinton was studying at Oxford don't you and that he was never drafted? I'm not defending Clinton but you can't criticize one guy for not fighting and not criticize the other. It's hypocritical.

On one hand you say you don't care about strings being pulled and on the other you want proof. You couldn't be more ridiculously partisan if you tried.

I'm not partisan, I liked clinton as a president, he was good to the military which is rare for a dem, but it is true that in the early 1900s the fact that he decided to be abroad during vietnam would have been held agianst him...my original argument
gotta love life

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 10:11:29 AM »
clinton was not good for the military, and bush was not good for different reasons
Valhalla awaits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »
I'm not partisan, I liked clinton as a president, he was good to the military which is rare for a dem, but it is true that in the early 1900s the fact that he decided to be abroad during vietnam would have been held agianst him...my original argument

I voted for the man, but I guess you weren't in when he decided not give us our little cost of living raise one year?  There was almost a mutiny.   :)  And remember one of his first attempted acts as president was an attempt to force open homosexuality on the military, which eventually resulted in "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."  He later came around, but he had a very rocky start. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:54 AM »
I voted for the man, but I guess you weren't in when he decided not give us our little cost of living raise one year?  There was almost a mutiny.   :)  And remember one of his first attempted acts as president was an attempt to force open homosexuality on the military, which eventually resulted in "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."  He later came around, but he had a very rocky start. 

I came in in 97, all I know is we had the #s to do our job then. Since Rumsfeld came in we have cut nearly 50,000 AF.
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 10:30:28 AM »

You did mention WWII and Korea and I don't think during those wars that it would have been an issue if a Presidential candidate studied at Oxford and wasn't drafted. Well, at least not enough of an issue to keep him from being elected.

I don't believe you're not partisan, you clearly have a distaste for Liberals, as do many people. Since Kerry actually fought in Vietnam do you think more of him than Bush?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »
I came in in 97, all I know is we had the #s to do our job then. Since Rumsfeld came in we have cut nearly 50,000 AF.

Ah so.  You came in after he cut his teeth on me and my fellow service members.   :)  The RIF started during my time and they did a good job of cutting a lot of the fat out of the Army (for example, E5s with 15-17 years in service). 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
You did mention WWII and Korea and I don't think during those wars that it would have been an issue if a Presidential candidate studied at Oxford and wasn't drafted. Well, at least not enough of an issue to keep him from being elected.

I don't believe you're not partisan, you clearly have a distaste for Liberals, as do many people. Since Kerry actually fought in Vietnam do you think more of him than Bush?

I admire Kerry for serving, however I don't care for his actions post war and his trying to use his paper cut purple hearts to win an election. I am not Republican, I don't vote party lines. Hell right now the only reason I would vote GOP is to help control the ultra lib congress/senate
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 10:38:26 AM »
I admire Kerry for serving, however I don't care for his actions post war and his trying to use his paper cut purple hearts to win an election. I am not Republican, I don't vote party lines. Hell right now the only reason I would vote GOP is to help control the ultra lib congress/senate

what ever became of moderate democrates?

do they even exsist anymore?

Eveything seems to be Extreme lib...

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

there are moderates, they just don't happen to be running the government (ie.. pelosi, clinton, obama, murtha etc..) that is why I propose at least 1 new party
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »

Clinton was a moderate, but his wife sure isn't, and she will apparently be the Democrat standard bearer. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
there are moderates, they just don't happen to be running the government (ie.. pelosi, clinton, obama, murtha etc..) that is why I propose at least 1 new party

Start it and I'll join!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »
Clinton was a moderate, but his wife sure isn't, and she will apparently be the Democrat standard bearer. 

I hope not.  I relly do, becuase all that will do is give more power to the extreme conservatives. 

We need balance from the middle int he USA right now.  Not over reaction in the form of electing the opposite extremety

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »

Or how about we do away with the party system all together? As it is the two major parties do nothing but battle one another.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »
Start it and I'll join!

I remember back during Ross Perot's first run I was actually going to vote for him, till he turned out to be a little crazy (the Bush tried to ruin my daughter's wedding and "you people" things).  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 10:53:25 AM »
I remember back during Ross Perot's first run I was actually going to vote for him, till he turned out to be a little crazy (the Bush tried to ruin my daughter's wedding and "you people" things).  

The problem with the new party deal is a guy like Perot only takes votes away form others because out of tradition people vote dem or repub. but I bet if you consistently put quality candidates up for a new party you would see a swing in 20-30 years
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »
I hope not.  I relly do, becuase all that will do is give more power to the extreme conservatives. 

We need balance from the middle int he USA right now.  Not over reaction in the form of electing the opposite extremety

I see bad precedent for Democrats:  Mondale, Dukakis, an exception with Clinton, then Gore, Kerry, and Hillary.  Just terrible.  Too bad Bill Richardson, Edwards, and candidates like them don't get more support from Democrats.  They seem intent on putting duds at the top of the ticket.  

I'm actually willing to take a hard look at Obama.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 10:57:50 AM »
I see bad precedent for Democrats:  Mondale, Dukakis, an exception with Clinton, then Gore, Kerry, and Hillary.  Just terrible.  Too bad Bill Richardson, Edwards, and candidates like them don't get more support from Democrats.  They seem intent on putting duds at the top of the ticket.  

Whoa whoa whoa beach, you are my only brother in here!! Obama? did you catch his 60 minutes and hear him and his wife playing the race card already?
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
I see bad precedent for Democrats:  Mondale, Dukakis, an exception with Clinton, then Gore, Kerry, and Hillary.  Just terrible.  Too bad Bill Richardson, Edwards, and candidates like them don't get more support from Democrats.  They seem intent on putting duds at the top of the ticket. 

Hmmm,  Obama......   I just don;t see it happening.

But what i do see happening is me voting for someone who i don't like, to prevent someone from winning i don;t want.   :'(

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2007, 11:02:05 AM »

You would think moderates would rule considering they garner support from both parties. Perhaps war forces both extremes to the forefront.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa beach, you are my only brother in here!! Obama? did you catch his 60 minutes and hear him and his wife playing the race card already?

LOL.  ;D  I didn't see it.  What did he say?  

I guess part of my problem is I'm not very excited about any of the candidates in the race so far.  I wish someone like Colin Powell were still in the conversation.   :'(  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 11:08:17 AM »

Hmmm,  Obama......   I just don;t see it happening.

But what i do see happening is me voting for someone who i don't like, to prevent someone from winning i don;t want.   :'(

I think a lot of people did that the past two presidential elections.   :)  Why aren't the best and brightest at the top of the ticket?  Sort of a rhetorical question.  I think it's partly because money and other unimportant factors (like geography) play such a huge role.  For example, I would vote for Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle in a New York minute over every candidate in the race right now.  Brilliant woman.  Just an outstanding leader.  But because she is from little old Hawaii, and a woman, she wouldn't get out of the batter's box. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »
LOL.  ;D  I didn't see it.  What did he say?  

I guess part of my problem is I'm not very excited about any of the candidates in the race so far.  I wish someone like Colin Powell were still in the conversation.   :'(  

She was asked if she worried about an assasination attempt on Barrack if he ran and her answer was "being a black man Barrack could get shot just as easy going to the gas station" and then he was asked if he thought he was "black enough" to win the black vote. He made a comment that he must be black enough because he has trouble flagging down a taxi in chicago...
gotta love life