Author Topic: Mexico court clears way for 'Dog' Chapman extradition  (Read 4112 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Mexico court clears way for 'Dog' Chapman extradition
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 09:02:01 AM »
The reason why USA should do it is obvious:

USA wants to be able to get criminals extradited from Mexico.

In my view, it's not worth the price.  If US citizens can't feel safe from corrupt foreign "authorities" within US borders, what the fucck is the point?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »
not to mention, the treaty is only observed one way... Mexico routinely says no to the US, but has a different standard for us and expects we will follow the treaty.  There are over 200 cases in California alone of Mexico refusing to extradite criminals to America.  In this case, few know this, but Dog actually had the Mexican police with him when the arrest of this scumbag was done, they called a cop to come to the apprehesion and the report that he was bound and gaged in the trunk coming across the border is false, it never happened that way.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »

Again, why does Mexico give a fucck? There is no Mexican citizen who is a "victim" here.

Considering how 'above board' Mexico's justice system is, and considering how much money Luster has, it's quite possible a number of people who were on the Luster payroll have suffered tremendous financial damage due to his arrest, and are simply in search of their pound of flesh.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:11 AM »
I think the Mexican government wants money from the Dog.  I also think it would be much more understandable if Luster was a Mexican citizen, and not about the prey on Mexican women. 

But it's not over:

Chapman’s extradition not imminent
An attorney for the bounty hunter says appeals will be filed
By Nelson Daranciang
ndaranciang@starbulletin.com
Bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman is not facing imminent extradition to Mexico to stand trial on a charge stemming from his 2003 capture of a convicted rapist, Chapman's attorneys said yesterday.

"I don't expect an extradition hearing any time soon," said Brook Hart, one of three attorneys defending Chapman against a charge that he unlawfully deprived rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster of liberty. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico unless supervised by authorities.

The Associated Press reported a Mexican court rejected Chapman's request for an injunction, clearing the way for the television reality show star to be extradited to Mexico.

After reading the report, William Bollard, Chapman's California-based lawyer, confirmed at least part of it: that a federal district court judge in Guadalajara is going to deny the request.

"We expect to get the official ruling by next week," Bollard said.

Bollard said that as soon as the court hands down its ruling, they will appeal it to the next higher court.

"Pending all appeals, there will be no action on extradition," he said.

The AP report said Chapman's lawyers argued that their client would not be guaranteed a fair trial in Mexico. The report attributed the statement to Norma Jara, whom the report identifies as a spokeswoman for the second district court in Guadalajara.

Bollard said the legal defense team has never said that, and, on the contrary, "We have always maintained that we are putting our faith in Mexican judicial system."

He said Jara is a low-level employee of the court and is not authorized to speak on behalf of the court.

Still, the report has affected the Chapmans, according to a written statement attributed to Chapman, wife Beth, son Leland and associate Tim Chapman (no relation). Leland and Tim Chapman are also facing prosecution in Mexico.

"This news has caused us great concern and anxiety," according to the statement. "We have always maintained that we would be cleared of the charges, based upon the atrocious crimes of Andrew Luster and because we believed we were within our rights under Mexican law."

Mexican authorities arrested Duane, Leland and Tim Chapman after they captured Luster in Puerto Vallarta in June 2003. The three men returned to the United States two weeks later after a Mexican judge granted their release on bail.

Last September, U.S. marshals arrested the trio for extradition at the request of the Mexican government. U.S. Magistrate Judge Barry Kurren granted the Chapmans their release on bail.

In October a federal appeals court in Guadalajara granted the Chapmans a stay of their criminal case and halted extradition proceedings until further evidence and testimony is gathered.

The Chapmans have maintained they were within their rights in capturing Luster and believed they were under the supervision of a Mexican police officer.

Luster disappeared in January 2003 before a California court convicted him of raping three woman and sentenced him to 124 years in prison. His disappearance set off an international manhunt by police the FBI and bounty hunters hoping to collect some of the bond money.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/02/17/news/story07.html

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
I appreciate the support brahs.

God Bless.

Dog.
Dog have you thought about fleeing to mexico?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 03:09:15 PM »

Again, why does Mexico give a fucck? There is no Mexican citizen who is a "victim" here.

No there are not... and to boot, as has been stated... They NEVER extradite criminals to the US... I would give them a big middle finger and say come get some.

Someone is looking for a handout, and that's sad.

This is disgusting on so many levels.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »
Considering how 'above board' Mexico's justice system is, and considering how much money Luster has, it's quite possible a number of people who were on the Luster payroll have suffered tremendous financial damage due to his arrest, and are simply in search of their pound of flesh.

And if that's the case, why should we play along?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 04:47:46 PM »
Fuck Mexico.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 04:56:44 PM »
Here's what makes no sense...  if you took a poll, I'd bet at least 75% of Americans would oppose this extradition, yet the politicians seem ready to hand him over to Mexico if they ask, while at the same time, fewer than 25% of Americans oppose stem-cell research, yet the federal government makes it all but illegal in order to placate the small vocal minority.  >:(

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 05:05:24 PM »
Fighting Chapman's extracition wont win any votes. Banning stem cells wins votes from the religious demographic.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
Fighting Chapman's extracition wont win any votes.

No?  I'd be more likely to vote for a politician who stood up and said "no, american citizens will not be fair game for Mexico's bullshit"...  I think a lot of others would too.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 05:40:17 PM »
I really don't understand why the US is cooperating with this bullshit.  A US citizen cannot get a fair trial in a Mexican court simply because he is a US citizen and they don't like us very much.

And why is Mexico pressing this? He isn't charged with murder or rape or robbery of a Mexican citizen. They want to charge him with kidnapping of a US citizen who was a criminal wanted by the US.  Why does Mexico give a fucck?

I have no problem with extraditing US citizens who have commited crimes to other first-world countries with fair judicial systems like ours (Europe, Australia, Japan, etc), but NO WAY should we ever extradite a US citizen to a third-world country, especially on bullshit charges like these that didn't even effect any of their citizens.

Let those Mexicans smoke dog's ass down there.... The problem with your average american is (s)he is so stupid that basic laws and respect are foreign to them. You can not enter into another country to exercise what you feel is right. If a military person, cop, UN peace keeper etc entered america without notice and kidnapped someone...people would be up in arms even if the person was a serial killer. The issue is respect for the countries judicial system, laws, rules and sovereignty. Dog entered Mexico on the heels of a LIE. When asked why he was entering Mexico he DID NOT SAY he was a BOUNTY HUNTER looking to capture a  rapist. HE LIED AND TOLD THEM HE WAS ON VACATION. So his statement was a lie and his actions a violation of Mexican authority. I say send the BASTARD there to ROT. As it stands american soldiers RAPED a number of Korean and Japanes girls (14 years and younger) which the military claimed they would handle the matter, but instead, the military claimed the soldiers were innocent and set them free. Does that now give Korea and Japan the right to come to america and kidnap the soldiers and execute whatever judgement RAPE carries on these men??? I SAY YES...Let Korea and Japan come over and take these bastards by hook or crook and electricute them or whatever their punishment is for the crime they commited, because this crime was committed on THEIR SOIL. If the Japanes or Korean girls were raped in america does that give Japan or Korea the right to come here as police/bounty hunter or whatever and kidnap the people and do to them what so ever they feel? I say no, because the crime was commited on US soil and therfore subject to US laws. This IDIOT DOG violated the LAW and therefore should be PUNISHED for doing so.

That Nancy Holloway chick was raped, killed kidnapped or whatever in Aruba...despite her being a US citizen america could do nothing but let Aruban justice take its course...WHY..because respect of that countries LAW is the issue. So the same in this case..
C

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »
Let those Mexicans smoke dog's ass down there.... The problem with your average american is (s)he is so stupid that basic laws and respect are foreign to them. You can not enter into another country to exercise what you feel is right. If a military person, cop, UN peace keeper etc entered america without notice and kidnapped someone...people would be up in arms even if the person was a serial killer. The issue is respect for the countries judicial system, laws, rules and sovereignty. Dog entered Mexico on the heels of a LIE. When asked why he was entering Mexico he DID NOT SAY he was a BOUNTY HUNTER looking to capture a  rapist. HE LIED AND TOLD THEM HE WAS ON VACATION. So his statement was a lie and his actions a violation of Mexican authority. I say send the BASTARD there to ROT. As it stands american soldiers RAPED a number of Korean and Japanes girls (14 years and younger) which the military claimed they would handle the matter, but instead, the military claimed the soldiers were innocent and set them free. Does that now give Korea and Japan the right to come to america and kidnap the soldiers and execute whatever judgement RAPE carries on these men??? I SAY YES...Let Korea and Japan come over and take these bastards by hook or crook and electricute them or whatever their punishment is for the crime they commited, because this crime was committed on THEIR SOIL. If the Japanes or Korean girls were raped in america does that give Japan or Korea the right to come here as police/bounty hunter or whatever and kidnap the people and do to them what so ever they feel? I say no, because the crime was commited on US soil and therfore subject to US laws. This IDIOT DOG violated the LAW and therefore should be PUNISHED for doing so.

That Nancy Holloway chick was raped, killed kidnapped or whatever in Aruba...despite her being a US citizen america could do nothing but let Aruban justice take its course...WHY..because respect of that countries LAW is the issue. So the same in this case..

Why do you conveniently keep forgetting the fact that Dog enlisted a Mexican policeman to help him?

This case is hardly the same... If we ever found proof that someone in Aruba did something to that girl, you'd never get him into the states... Never.