Author Topic: Reason why frank mcgrath came last (pics)  (Read 18061 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: Reason why frank mcgrath came last (pics)
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007, 02:07:57 PM »
Matt C <<<--- Behemoth monster epic inability to let go;)

No seriously, I agree with you.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »
Frank = losing his hair.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 03:05:12 PM »
I don't see how Frank's conditioning was off.  Maybe if "off" means "not absolutely as good as possible" then I suppose he was off.  His conditioning was still very good though.  I'm also not sure if his back is weak, or if it's just that his arms are so strong they dwarf his back like Levrone's delts dwarfed his chest.  I read that his calves are 18.5" and I think he could use another couple of inches there.  His hamstrings are his true weakness in my opinion - they could be both bigger and harder.

All in all, I really don't see how that is a last place physique.

Frank's overall conditioning was off , clearly evident in the hams & glutes and his back isn't ' weak ' per sa he shows very good development and separation of the teres major , infraspinatus and traps his lats are small especially when viewed from the back , in that pose he's scrunching his back to show his muscularity and his lats disappear , he needs more back work because its not in proportion with his delts/biceps/triceps/forearms especially in the back double biceps pose , he does have a nice structure and a small waist and hips he could do more damage with more thickness in this back and more lat width

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »
Bob Paris? There are guys at the Junior nats who beat Bob Paris nowadays...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 03:26:34 PM »
Frank was better than Bob Paris overall and his arms are better than Dorian's.

Discuss.

Bob Paris was top 10 at the Olympia ( one time 7th ) doubtful Frank will be ( though possible ) and you're stating the obvious about his arms , both accomplished much more than Frank has in the sport

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »
Not according to ND.

You see some of the guys at the nationals these past few years lol not exactly the cream of the crop , there was a time when the National level had a much richer and deeper field of competitor , when Rory Lidelmeyer couldn't get a pro card or Matt Mendenhall or Edgar Fletcher , how things have changed

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
I think McGrath's arms and shoulders are better than Dorian's.

Discuss.
you're right.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »
Matt C, if you see Frank at the AC expo will you begin to blush, as you relive the many many nights you spend in front of your computer, a picture or video of Frank on your screen, as you beat your meat like a friggin Iraqi prisoner....;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
I think McGrath's arms and shoulders are better than Dorian's.

Discuss.

Arms yes , delts I don't think so

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »
But the real question is who is better out of Dorian and Ronnie?  MMMMM..........  I wonder.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2007, 06:32:01 AM »
I think Frank has the superior arms, delts, and waist.  I won't say he has much else on Dorian, but give him that!

Again compared to the pic I posted I don't see how his delts are ' superior ' comparable sure , better NO

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2007, 06:35:59 AM »
But the real question is who is better out of Dorian and Ronnie?  MMMMM..........  I wonder.

why don't you start a thread about it?
Here comes the money shot

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »
The thing everyone is forgetting about Frank (or don't know) is that it's pretty damn hard for a kid from a small Canadian town to succeed in this industry on his own, especially training here with no real freak trainers to work with. He has a lot of potential if someone starts working with him...and let's not forget, he is just starting out folks. Cut him some slack.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 12:11:55 PM »
The thing everyone is forgetting about Frank (or don't know) is that it's pretty damn hard for a kid from a small Canadian town to succeed in this industry on his own, especially training here with no real freak trainers to work with. He has a lot of potential if someone starts working with him...and let's not forget, he is just starting out folks. Cut him some slack.

Arnold came from Thal Austria , Dorian from Birmingham England , not exactly bodybuilding Meccas , its not the location and yet they became the best .

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »
Exactly.  He is from St. John's, Newfoundland.  I was born there and lived there until I was seven and let me tell you - the province as whole isn't exactly living large (other than Frank, no pun intended).  He is literally the biggest man in a province of 500,000.  St. John's is the best place to live in the province, but even then it isn't exactly easy to pursue bodybuilding.

i live in st johns and am keeping the dream alive.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
Bronx's point was that it makes it a lot harder.  Do you agree?

And my point was others have done it , so can he .

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »
he needs to promote himself. he needs to get into g4p, he will do better if he does.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2007, 10:03:46 AM »
he needs to promote himself. he needs to get into g4p, he will do better if he does.

You're not serious, are you?! Spare me the jokes about "colombosis" please...

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »
Exactly.  He is from St. John's, Newfoundland.  I was born there and lived there until I was seven and let me tell you - the province as whole isn't exactly living large (other than Frank, no pun intended).  He is literally the biggest man in a province of 500,000.  St. John's is the best place to live in the province, but even then it isn't exactly easy to pursue bodybuilding.

I went on a rugby tour to Newfoundland...got drunk lots...that was fun...best place we visited in Canada  :)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »
George Street.

Yes, there was some place selling bottles of beer for 50 cents...i liked that place  :)

body88

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2007, 01:48:52 PM »
Bronx's point was that it makes it a lot harder.  Do you agree?

Not really.

Cutler came from some hick town in western Massachusetts. Ronnie comes from Texas. Football (Both Texas and MA) and ice hockey (western MA) is what most teens do in these places, not bodybuild.

All a bb needs with extreme potential, is some juice ( which he obviously has) some weights, and some basic nutritional knowledge. Guys like Yates and Coleman swear by the "basics". It is not like there is something in the water out in Cali or Florida that makes you have better genetics. A argument could be made that he was better of in the middle of nowhere. less distractins compared to living in LA or Florida. The truth is, frank looks great. It is also true that he needs to improve on pretty much everything besides his arms.

Stavios

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »

Milos offered him some help but I don<t know what happened next

body88

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »
body88 - I doubt it's easy to get lots of gear in Newfoundland.

Cook had no problem getting it in the middle of Alaska. I am not trying to say the Frank is not a great bb, because he is. I just think he needs to improve, and where he is from has little to do with his current look.

Frank Mcgrath

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »
Heys just wanted to write and tell you guys whats been going on with me, i know i was off at the Ironman, i know my back and legs need to come up. I have had a bad knee for a nice few years now making it hard for me to train legs, and far as bak i have never had a back..lol. Not because i dont train it hard because i do, just doesnt seem to grow, i have been told that my arm are doin all the work when i do back, and i have not real had help form any one i  have train on my owe. Not many trainer where i'm from. But i have been train hard for the last 3 month and planning on competing in sept. So for all thse whoo support me thank you, good to know i have some fans out there, really means alot.Any why i will be back up there soon. Bigger and better.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »
Frank - a fellow Newfie.  ;D

Question for you: why did you not complete the Ironman?  Was it due to illness?  By the looks of you in prejudging you would have done pretty well and had the smallest waist in the show.
Bodybuilding Pro.com