Author Topic: War on Drugs, where do you stand on US Drug Policy.  (Read 5704 times)

George Stinky Bush

• Getbig IV
  • Whose down with OPP
Re: War on Drugs, where do you stand on US Drug Policy.
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »
AIDS is a great way of losing weight too, if you're interested.
aids is legal, not as glamorous
young hov

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »
aids is legal, not as glamorous

It's not legal to knowingly infect someone with HIV, but this was just one example from a range of diseases that will get you into those pants for summer (if you make it).
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »
Alcohol and tobacco are drugs. How many people's lives are destroyed by alcohol each and every year?

true,, but how many ghettos and cities ruined over tobacco addiction?

go into the suburbs and guess what percentage of the population is addicted to a major drug,,, then go to a ghetto and guess how many people are addicted to a major drug- its not a coincidence that the bad areas will have more drug addicts

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 08:28:44 PM »
Sorry, I didn't realise I had to think for you too.  Do you think legalising heroin is a good idea?

Here we go with the bullshit again. You were cool for all of two posts.

I make a completely factual post stating that many many lives are ruined by alcohol each and every year and you post some nonsense about being able to have a drink and not get drunk. And you wonder why people think you're a twit.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 08:32:26 PM »
Here we go with the bullshit again. You were cool for all of two posts.

I make a completely factual post stating that many many lives are ruined by alcohol each and every year and you post some nonsense about being able to have a drink and not get drunk. And you wonder why people think you're a twit.

A 'twit', me?  I have to say I've been called worse, mate.  Believe it or not, my sole purpose here isn't to pal-up with you.

I agree alcohol ruins lives, if I could stop those members of society that can't control themselves from having it, I would.  But it's not heroin and I've told you why.

Again, would you support legalising heroin?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 08:32:46 PM »
true,, but how many ghettos and cities ruined over tobacco addiction?

go into the suburbs and guess what percentage of the population is addicted to a major drug,,, then go to a ghetto and guess how many people are addicted to a major drug- its not a coincidence that the bad areas will have more drug addicts

I notice you didn't mention alcohol in your comparison, only tobacco. Why?

While tobacco is clearly addicting and dangerous over a long period of time alcohol can ruin a life much much quicker. There are alcoholics everywhere.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »
If they DID legalize SMACK- would you use it?  I Don't think so.
Same people would. Take the profit & violence & crime out of it - Thats is the bigest problem.
Deal w/ out of control addicts later, cheaper and better for us all in the long (short) run.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »

While tobacco is clearly addicting and dangerous over a long period of time alcohol can ruin a life much much quicker. There are alcoholics everywhere.

Just a few questions:

Assume you had 100 members of society randomly chosen and handed over to you for an experiment.

One half is given a pint of beer and told to drink.

The other half is given a needle with a hit of heroin and told to inject.

Which half do you think would be more irresponsible afterwards?  More inclined to commit crimes?  More likely to become addicted?
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 08:37:58 PM »
If they DID legalize SMACK- would you use it?  I Don't think so.
Same people would. Take the profit & violence & crime out of it - Thats is the bigest problem.
Deal w/ out of control addicts later, cheaper and better for us all in the long (short) run.

Isn't the idea behind law to legislate protection for society with the weakest members given consideration?

Does legalising heroin help them, or does it make the problem worse?
Thread Killer

George Stinky Bush

• Getbig IV
  • Whose down with OPP
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »
Just a few questions:

Assume you had 100 members of society randomly chosen and handed over to you for an experiment.

Which half do you think would be more irresponsible afterwards?  More inclined to commit crimes?  More likely to become addicted?
The question is:
Which girls would be more likely to have sex with me?
young hov

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 08:43:39 PM »
The question should be what way would MOST of us be better off?
You WILL NOT stop smack addicts from fixN up- never.
Save our resources. DO the most good for the largest number with our tax money.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 08:47:21 PM »
The question should be what way would MOST of us be better off?
You WILL NOT stop smack addicts from fixN up- never.
Save our resources. DO the most good for the largest number with our tax money.

So how many more will be lured into it, should it become legal?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 08:48:17 PM »
A 'twit', me?  I have to say I've been called worse, mate.  Believe it or not, my sole purpose here isn't to pal-up with you.

I agree alcohol ruins lives, if I could stop those members of society that can't control themselves from having it, I would.  But it's not heroin and I've told you why.

Again, would you support legalising heroin?

Now you agree that alcohol ruins lives yet your other post only compared it to heroin, something I never did. I never even mentioned heroin. 

And what does "pal up" have to do with you not making bullshit posts?  Which was my point when I mentioned you were cool for two posts.

In response to your query, no, I don't think heroin should be legalized. I do think legalizing marijuana and taxing the hell out of it would be acceptable to myself and many other people though.

George Stinky Bush

• Getbig IV
  • Whose down with OPP
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 08:51:10 PM »
Now you agree that alcohol ruins lives yet your other post only compared it to heroin, something I never did. I never even mentioned heroin. 

And what does "pal up" have to do with you not making bullshit posts?  Which was my point when I mentioned you were cool for two posts.

In response to your query, no, I don't think heroin should be legalized. I do think legalizing marijuana and taxing the hell out of it would be acceptable to myself and many other people though.
If pot were taxed excessively, I would not buy it legally, think about it..............Who ever has the best product for the bets price would win. In that case my dealer...
young hov

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »

Alcohol ruins lives, so does heroin - let's not have both of them out there ruining, okay?  Your taxing marijuana idea is bone-headed at best, are you going to tax my veggie patch while you're at it?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »
Just a few questions:

Which half do you think would be more irresponsible afterwards?  More inclined to commit crimes?  More likely to become addicted?

What is your point with this? Are you trying to prove heroin is more addicting and dangerous than alcohol? Who's saying it isn't?

My only point was that alcohol is addicting and ruins lives. I never said it was worse than crack or heroin or any other serious drug, only that it ruins lives.

I can't even make a completely valid point without you taking off in a completely different direction with nonsense.  ::)

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »

most people- like myself, can use alcohol wisely. you cant use heroin wisely, it takes over your life. in my experience alcohol will cause a fraction of the problems drugs do

besides that, a ban on alcohol would kill the economy.

i dont understand why weed is illegal, but like i said i dont care anyways. if your doing something in your house and not causing trouble- nobody will find out. you wont get into trouble for being an addict- you do for crimes. and drugs cause crimes.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 08:55:51 PM »
Alcohol ruins lives, so does heroin - let's not have both of them out there ruining, okay?  Your taxing marijuana idea is bone-headed at best, are you going to tax my veggie patch while you're at it?

You're equating your vegetable patch with marijuana? And you're calling me boneheaded?  ::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 08:57:21 PM »
You're equating your vegetable patch with marijuana? And you're calling me boneheaded?  ::)

Again, my apologies for not being able to think for you - and I said your idea was bone-headed, not you.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »
most people- like myself, can use alcohol wisely. you cant use heroin wisely, it takes over your life. in my experience alcohol will cause a fraction of the problems drugs do

besides that, a ban on alcohol would kill the economy.

i dont understand why weed is illegal, but like i said i dont care anyways. if your doing something in your house and not causing trouble- nobody will find out. you wont get into trouble for being an addict- you do for crimes. and drugs cause crimes.

You're right that many people can use alcohol wisely. It's also correct that many people can't. I agree heroin is far more harmful than alcohol but I was merely pointing out that alcohol is dangerous as well.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »
Again, my apologies for not being able to think for you - and I said your idea was bone-headed, not you.

Nice save, Johnny.  ::)

Your transformation lasted all of five minutes. That's better than nothing I suppose.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »
You're right that many people can use alcohol wisely. It's also correct that many people can't. I agree heroin is far more harmful than alcohol but I was merely pointing out that alcohol is dangerous as well.

like i said before drug addicts go to rehab.. criminals go to jail. why do people commit crimes? to pay for their drug habbit.

ive never seen a case where someone robed somebody else to pay for a beer. someone robs your house- its to by drugs,, someone steals your car- its to buy drugs,, someone robs you on the street- its to buy drugs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »
guess what happens when you legalize it and tax it- prices go up, so there will be a demand for a black market which will sell it cheaper, so theres no need to legalize it anyways.

Black market is CHEAPER?

No, no no.  

When you legalize a product, it can be manufactured by more firms.  It no longer needs smuggled in.  There are more sellers and less loss.  The price goes DOWN when contraband is legalized.  

Are you as SURE that legalized products' price goes UP that you are of your stance on 911?  ;)

Seriously, this is 6th grade shit.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2007, 09:09:12 PM »
Black market is CHEAPER?

No, no no.  

When you legalize a product, it can be manufactured by more firms.  It no longer needs smuggled in.  There are more sellers and less loss.  The price goes DOWN when contraband is legalized.  

Are you as SURE that legalized products' price goes UP that you are of your stance on 911?  ;)

I think he's suggesting you tax it at an exorbitant rate.

Just as black-market cigarettes are cheaper than the legitimate ones.
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2007, 09:17:52 PM »
Black market is CHEAPER?

No, no no.  

how much does that legal marijuana shit cost in cali? and how much does it cost on the street?are cocaine dealers charging shipping and handling now?  how much does any drug cost without insurance- a shitload.. you must have drug manufactureres mixed up with something else. legalized products and drugs are two different thing's

besides that,, the price wasnt my point