Author Topic: Thursday's Iraq news  (Read 6403 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Thursday's Iraq news
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:32 AM »
Well, they're traditional. They think that a national leader, even a figurehead one, ought to be able to at least pretend that they served their country.

We more forward-thinking Americans have dispensed with that idea.

Would you have posted the same sort of picture if Kerry were president? or are you proud of his service?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:42:02 AM »
If Kerry was President, we would have left Iraq by now.

You know, like the four other countries who said they'll be cleared out by the end of 2007.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:06 AM »
Would you have posted the same sort of picture if Kerry were president? or are you proud of his service?

Never though much about the details, quite frankly.

But I'd say he would have about 10,000 times more moral authority if sending American troops into combat than Chimpy McFlightsuit there.

Do you actually disagree?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »

But I'd say he would have about 10,000 times more moral authority if sending American troops into combat than Chimpy McFlightsuit there.

Not big on Kerry's actions following his service in Vietnam.

As far as Bush? noone to blame but the people that voted him into power as my boss
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 10:55:55 AM »
As far as Bush? noone to blame but the people that voted him into power as my boss

Wait.

Politicians aren't to blame for their actions - only those who elected them?

So if I hire a guy to clean my pool and he robs the house - do I blame myself for hiring him?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 10:56:53 AM »
Not big on Kerry's actions following his service in Vietnam.

Your earlier question was if I was proud "of his service" - not what he's done since.

Principled opposition to war takes guts.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »
Wait.

Politicians aren't to blame for their actions - only those who elected them?

So if I hire a guy to clean my pool and he robs the house - do I blame myself for hiring him?

Not what I said, we just have to live with his decisions because we put him there like it or not. Hind sight is a beautiful thing. But maybe you should have checked the pool guy's background more!!!
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 11:00:22 AM »
Not what I said, we just have to live with his decisions because we put him there like it or not. Hind sight is a beautiful thing. But maybe you should have checked the pool guy's background more!!!

But if I had a 4-year contract, and the punk stole from me, I would fire him.

THe Pentagon just made it very clear from their audit that Bush cherrypicked intel.
New documents show we are stealing oil at non-market rates, as everyone suspected.
3100 men dead and we're surging as everyone else pulls out.
No WMD ever found.
No Osama evidence ever delivered as they promised.

I do not blame voters for these things.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »
can I get in on this thread (I've nothing better to do at the minute 'xcept do this and listen to heavy metal.

May I respond to like 10 of your silly posts or are you just plain daft?

friendly fire, from Linda in London England xxx

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
But if I had a 4-year contract, and the punk stole from me, I would fire him.

THe Pentagon just made it very clear from their audit that Bush cherrypicked intel.
New documents show we are stealing oil at non-market rates, as everyone suspected.
3100 men dead and we're surging as everyone else pulls out.
No WMD ever found.
No Osama evidence ever delivered as they promised.

I do not blame voters for these things.

I'd fire him also, not so easy here though in this situation. If the dems feel so "strongly" about it why don't they try? Becasue they don't feel that strong. Just like GOPers told us a bunch of lines to get elected and then did bupkus, the Dems are going to do the same thing. Sure they will pass NON BINDING resolutions but will they do anything with substance? How many voted to pull troops last year? like 4? yet go to a press conference and see what they say.
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »

I love how Kerry is brought into this. Kerry actually fought didn't he? I mean he was actually in Vietnam and saw action right? Doesn't he deserve at least a little respect for that?

Disagree with his actions as a politician since Vietnam all you want but how is the fact that he actually saw action a negative?

What's next criticizing McCain's record in Vietnam? Oh, that's right, he's not a Liberal. Nevermind.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
I love how Kerry is brought into this. Kerry actually fought didn't he?

It's exactly because it showed up W's cowardice so brutally that the neofascists had to smear Kerry's service by whatever lies necessary. Hence, the introduction of "Swiftboating" into our political vocabulary.

Thanks a lot you fucking right-wing assholes.

I know... "meltdown".  :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 11:09:47 AM »
Blair Announces Iraq Withdrawal Plan...

Blair didn't announce anything, it was a newsleak, a piece of propaganda.  Ever since those Princes grew up, they've done army or navy or something.  That's what our royal family boys always do.  William is the heir, so he can't really go anyplace without paparazzi and bodyguards.

Henry is the one who has been training and made head of some regiment.  They don't have much of an army in this country anymore, they're all over the place, even still in Ireland.

So,  Harry turns 21 or 18 or something and for months if not years, they've been talking about him.

It's a publicity stunt, or something in the stars.  Look, I posted elsewhere, Blair is doing his lap of honour.  He's fallen out with Bush and now he's getting along with the Windsors. 

Send in another regiment.  Pull them out, send them in.  God.  Oil.  Friendly fire.

We so love our leaders
Stiff upper lip etc
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »

As far as B? noone to blame but the people that voted him into power as my boss

I'm ashamed to say that I voted for Tony Blair

can't wait to see who we get to vote for next, they're not talking about any election anymore, only about war.

Can I go back and re-read your crap about the British Royal Family and how you perceive 2,000 years of culture?  It might make me laugh.  After all, you only found your country in 1776 and someone helped you.  xL

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »
I love how Kerry is brought into this. Kerry actually fought didn't he? I mean he was actually in Vietnam and saw action right? Doesn't he deserve at least a little respect for that?

Disagree with his actions as a politician since Vietnam all you want but how is the fact that he actually saw action a negative?

What's next criticizing McCain's record in Vietnam? Oh, that's right, he's not a Liberal. Nevermind.

Nothing like that fool. Bush served, just because he wasn't in the AOR doesn't make it any less honorable. Like I said the other day only 49% of the Air Force has served time in the AOR during OEF/OIF. So are we going to call the other 51% cowards? Just because I was boots on the ground in Iraq am I better than the guy that didn't? RIBO was implying that Bush's service was cowardly. How was paper cut Kerry any better? Just because he was there?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 11:25:07 AM »
Bush served, just because he wasn't in the AOR doesn't make it any less honorable. Like I said the other day only 49% of the Air Force has served time in the AOR during OEF/OIF. So are we going to call the other 51% cowards? Just because I was boots on the ground in Iraq am I better than the guy that didn't? RIBO was implying that Bush's service was cowardly. How was paper cut Kerry any better? Just because he was there?

If Bush went AWOL while Kerry was earning his purple hearts, would Bush's service mean less to you?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »
Nothing like that fool. Bush served, just because he wasn't in the AOR doesn't make it any less honorable. Like I said the other day only 49% of the Air Force has served time in the AOR during OEF/OIF. So are we going to call the other 51% cowards? Just because I was boots on the ground in Iraq am I better than the guy that didn't? RIBO was implying that Bush's service was cowardly. How was paper cut Kerry any better? Just because he was there?

Bush using family connections to get stationed domestically and then going AWOL doesn't seem less honorable to you?  ::)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
Bush served, just because he wasn't in the AOR doesn't make it any less honorable. Like I said  any better? Just because he was there?

If my memory serves me right, your George Bush was the son of a previous President?

I know for a fact he wasn't in either of the big world wars, nor in Korea, Vietnam or Afganistan.  I thought he grew up on a ranch someplace.  That pic above where he's doing TopGun is hilarious.

I'm really having a giggle now, you've brought it home to me that he's your equivalent of a royal family.

fff
xL
etc

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »
Bush using family connections to get stationed domestically and then going AWOL doesn't seem less honorable to you?  ::)

mm69 either has to admit his President's service is less honorable than Kerry's, or he has to admit he doesnt' see desertion as dishonorable.

My guess is, his ego cant handle either and he'll challenge the commonly known fact that Bush dissappeared from service.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »

Ouch, that fool quip is killing me. I'll need a few minutes to recover.  ::)

I never called Bush a coward, so what that has to do with me I'm not sure. You asked if ribo was "proud of his service". Kerry fought in Vietnam, why wouldn't he be proud of his service? He was actually over there fighting. The man saw action and you denigrate him by calling him "paper cut Kerry". LOL

Are you proud of Kerry's service in Vietnam? Is he somehow less worthy than any other soldier that fought in Vietnam simply because you don't like his politics?

To me his politics don't matter when talking about this issue, I don't like his politics and he's been my Senator for most of my adult life yet I don't look down on his service in Vietnam.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007, 11:32:15 AM »

Australia: 'We knew' Brits would leave...

wow, you read the Australian news, or does Australian news make the headlines in the US?

I hadn't seen this.

Obviously Australians have huge issues about the wars they've had to go to.  They lost gazillions in the last world war 55 years ago.  Did they go to Iraq, i don't know.  I do know that Canada didn't...

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »
Did they go to Iraq, i don't know.  I do know that Canada didn't...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
who in the hell is Kerry, I haven't been watching any American politics, is he about to take Bush out, do you have an election coming up?

I thought it was going to be Hillary Clinton or that young "black" man, last time I looked.

Hope Kerry's service record serves him well in the White House if he gets there.
xL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
wow, you read the Australian news, or does Australian news make the headlines in the US?
I hadn't seen this.
Obviously Australians have huge issues about the wars they've had to go to.  They lost gazillions in the last world war 55 years ago.  Did they go to Iraq, i don't know.  I do know that Canada didn't...

http://drudgereport.com/ gives a nice morning mix of world news.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »

Rice denies coalition crumbling...

:-\

love condalisa.  what's she up to?

What coalition she talking 'bout?

Send her over