Author Topic: Could Gore's road to the Oval Office begin in Hollywood?  (Read 3671 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Could Gore's road to the Oval Office begin in Hollywood?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »
You mean we will learn that Gore actually won his home state?   :)  It has been seven-plus years already.  I think we already know what happened in Tennessee. 

Considering Florida was the state in question... maybe that's the one we'll find out he actually won.

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
Considering Florida was the state in question... maybe that's the one we'll find out he actually won.

;)

Yeah yeah.   :)  But if he wins his home state, he's in.  And how many recounts do we need in Florida?  I guess they'll keep doing it till Gore "wins"?  Talk about a dead horse.

Hey is Gore like the "People's President"?   :D 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »
Yeah yeah.   :)  But if he wins his home state, he's in.  And how many recounts do we need in Florida?  I guess they'll keep doing it till Gore "wins"?  Talk about a dead horse.

Hey is Gore like the "People's President"?   :D 

I dunno... but I'd bet a lot of people are sitting back wishing they'd voted for him the first time around.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 06:42:14 AM »
I dunno... but I'd bet a lot of people are sitting back wishing they'd voted for him the first time around.
Though I don't agree with the how the Bush administration is handling the war right now, there is NO WAY in my mind I could see an enviromental conservatist being a strong leader of our country. He be more concerned about how much CO2 would be expelled should we have to go to war, then to protect the country....lol....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 06:48:14 AM »
The platform required to win in Tenn wouldn't win half the popular vote.

God, beach bum, you're totally not a college professor.  Every day you sound more and more completely full of shit.  When I called you out on why you're here all day, suddenly "I took the semester off!"

Also, typically people who drop out of high school don't work as college professors, and they don't have the definition of an MBA explained to them.  You thought it was a mail order thing that I got so I could avoid college.  Seriously, your lies are piling up.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »
What was funny was when Ellen DeGeneres said that Jennifer Hudson was on American Idol and didn't win the popular vote, yet went on to have a great career in spite of it.
Al Gore won the popular vote and went on to being out of politcs..............was really funny at the time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 07:36:43 AM »
The platform required to win in Tenn wouldn't win half the popular vote.

God, beach bum, you're totally not a college professor.  Every day you sound more and more completely full of shit.  When I called you out on why you're here all day, suddenly "I took the semester off!"

Also, typically people who drop out of high school don't work as college professors, and they don't have the definition of an MBA explained to them.  You thought it was a mail order thing that I got so I could avoid college.  Seriously, your lies are piling up.

:-*   :)

I'm still waiting for you and your mail order "MBA" to explain how descendants of slaves will now be able to file civil lawsuits because the state of Virginia's apology for its role in slavery. 

Here is the post you ran away from:

Re: Virginia Expresses 'Profound Regret' for State's Role in Slavery
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 05:21:47 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: 240 is Back on February 25, 2007, 12:04:26 PM
You're kidding me, right?

Have you missed out on the entire reparations issue?

Once a state admits guilt it risks becoming culpable for civil damages.

Seriously, do you believe that the statute of limitations prevents people from getting raparations?

You claim to be a college professor.  You just dropped the ball here, beachy.

Geeze Louise.  Listen Gomer Pyle, I tried helping you understand a while back, to no avail, that the Military Commissions Act couldn't have been used to detain someone three years BEFORE the act was passed.  Now you want help with this issue?  Against my better judgment, here goes:

1.  Of course the statute of limitations would apply.  An apology has nothing to do whether the clock started over a 100 freakin years ago!  It is when the injury occurred, not when someone apologizes for the injury.  Good grief.   

2.  Even if we assume, for the sake of DUMB argument, that the statute of limitations did not run, we would be talking about a claim for a violation of a person's civil rights, probably under 42 U.S.C. section 1983.  But the state of Virginia couldn't have violated a person's civil rights, because slavery was legal until the 13 Amendment was passed.  There was also Plessy vs. Ferguson, the U.S. Supreme Court decision that validated segregation.  Jim Crow was legal till the Civil Rights Act of 1964.     

3.  Even if we assume, for the sake of further DUMB argument, that there would be some of kind claim, nobody alive today has standing to file any lawsuit.  They're all dead!  I doubt claims like these survive a person's death, but someone who knows much more about this than me could probably answer that question.

4.  Regarding my teaching, I'm actually taking the semester off, for the first time in over three years.  But I did just write a letter of recommendation for one of my grad students from last semester.  He's a black kid from the Dominican Republican who finished at the top of the class.  Very bright kid. 

Class is dismissed. 

[Insert Jeopardy music here]

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »
Though I don't agree with the how the Bush administration is handling the war right now, there is NO WAY in my mind I could see an enviromental conservatist being a strong leader of our country. He be more concerned about how much CO2 would be expelled should we have to go to war, then to protect the country....lol....

Many people who were not "war" type presidents did just fine when a War was required... FDR, Washington, Truman.... We do not vote for who would be good in a war, It's not like Bush has done a great job of it... Doesn't that kind of go against that kind of thinking?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:03 AM »
oh, ok.   so you just want to take the valid point i made about tenn and put that in a quiet little place, and cross breed threads?

Ah, okay.  Typical liberal move, you clinton voting, freedom hating droupout.  HTH.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 11:12:07 AM »
oh, ok.   so you just want to take the valid point i made about tenn and put that in a quiet little place, and cross breed threads?

Ah, okay.  Typical liberal move, you clinton voting, freedom hating droupout.  HTH.

Was this directed at me?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »
Was this directed at me?

nope.  beach bum.  he is a clinton man who now backs bush.   a 31 Flavors voter :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
nope.  beach bum.  he is a clinton man who now backs bush.   a 31 Flavors voter :)

I don't like Bush and I really was a Clinton guy... best President in my lifetime I think.

Well, if he likes them both, I guess that's ok right?

I mean, I love pizza... could eat it morning noon and night, but sometimes, you just gotta have a cheeseburger.

:)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »
I don't like Bush and I really was a Clinton guy... best President in my lifetime I think.

Well, if he likes them both, I guess that's ok right?

I mean, I love pizza... could eat it morning noon and night, but sometimes, you just gotta have a cheeseburger.

:)

I like Bush.  Voted for him twice and despite all the Johnny come lately haters, I don't regret my votes for him over Gore (the loser) and Kerry (the traitor) one bit. 

Clinton did a good job overall, although the Lewinsky scandal really killed his moral authority IMO, particularly when it came to his duties as Commander in Chief.  His cabinet appointments sucked (see Jocelyn Elders, Lani Guinier, Les Aspen, etc.), but he helped balance the budget with the help of a Republican Congress, put more cops on the streets, started welfare reform, and appointed one good Justice in Breyer (Ginsburg is too liberal for me). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
BB, do you feel Bush has done well with the budget?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 03:56:50 PM »
It kills me to say it, but I agree with Bum on this one.

Even back in 2000, I said that if Gore couldn't win a decisive victory with all his advantages, running against a draft-dodging coke-sniffing mental defective, he didn't deserve to win.

Obviously, that's not to say that we wouldn't all be 1,000 times better off if he had won.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »

Typical liberal move, you clinton voting, freedom hating droupout.  HTH.

>:(  ahem!

That's a typical bonehead move from someone who can't back up his argument. There's nothing liberal about it!

psssst - He may have voted for Clinton, ...but you voted for Bush... TWICE!  :-[    ;)   :-*
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
BB, do you feel Bush has done well with the budget?

Let me see.  Answer a dumb 240 question.  Get ad hominem in response.  Respond with eye roll. . . . .  I'll just skip to the end:

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 09:47:39 PM »
Let me see.  Answer a dumb 240 question.  Get ad hominem in response.  Respond with eye roll. . . . .  I'll just skip to the end:

::)

You voted for the man twice, and you won't comment on how he's done with the budget?

If you were happy/proud, we'd be hearing it...