Author Topic: US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran  (Read 7075 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 06:42:47 PM »
And you're the one that said the US gave Saddam WMD including anthrax and mustard gas - a claim you have absolutely no evidence to support.  I, on the other hand, gave the board UN and US Senate information to consider, proving this not to be the case.  If you'd like to debate me on the topic again, I'd be more than happy to show you up once again.

oh ok.  after we spend 3 hours debating it, and at the end, we're both holding reliable sources from govt agencies which say contrasting things, will ya feel better?

come on dude.  If you believe we sent things there with no idea they'd be used for nefarious purposes, well, hey, we're coming at this from 2 very diff directions. 

have fun with that.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »
oh ok.  after we spend 3 hours debating it, and at the end, we're both holding reliable sources from govt agencies which say contrasting things, will ya feel better?

If you can show me any legitimate document that proves anything deliberately untoward in terms of the US giving WMD to Saddam I will publicly apologise on both my weblog and this board.  If not, you'll admit you're wrong - how's that sound?

Or are you afraid to put your 'reputation' on the line for this?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »
1.  who give a shit what 1 guy says to another on a board?

2.  dude, you believe that no one in the us thought saddam would use dangerous agents, given to his universities during time of war and domestic unrest, after he had slaughtered hundreds publicly his first day in office and killed thousands after that.

people who run our country are not that naive.  for you to say they are is frankly, offensive.

;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »
1.  who give a shit what 1 guy says to another on a board?

2.  dude, you believe that no one in the us thought saddam would use dangerous agents, given to his universities during time of war and domestic unrest, after he had slaughtered hundreds publicly his first day in office and killed thousands after that.

people who run our country are not that naive.  for you to say they are is frankly, offensive.

Great.  Now will you answer my question?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 07:28:27 PM »
Great.  Now will you answer my question?

Nah.  I don't enjoy chatting with you anymore.  You're naive.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 03:45:43 AM »
Nah.  I don't enjoy chatting with you anymore.  You're naive.

Says the clown who believes everything conspiracy nuts living in their mums basements tells him ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 04:00:49 AM »
Says the clown who believes everything conspiracy nuts living in their mums basements tells him ::)

two posts and you have called me two names.

Aren't you the guy who said you support terrorism, as long as we're the ones doing it?

"Whatever it takes"?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 04:01:15 AM »
This is where Bruce acts uber-naive.

"We would NEVER knowingly help bad guys.  They did it without us knowing".

I expect something like that, just like "No one in America thought Saddam would use chem agents that we gave his universities during war to hurt his enemies".

it's a waste of time.  Bruce has a mindset that we do the right thing morally.  I'm under the impression we do very bad thigns when it's for the greater good.  he will invent scenarios and possibilities to explain away any list of things.  So it's pointless.

I definitely believe that CIA has been supporting terrorist organisations such as the Contras in the past, I'd say that is a wide-known fact.

Meaning: USA has been interfering in foreign countries domestic affairs, supporting undemocratic groups when doing so.

But I do not believe there is some conspiracy behind it all, that it would be some secret society directing all this.

I simply believe this is the "nature of the beast", or bad habits that comes when you're the biggest and best kid in the schoolyard, so to speak.

Sticking with the schoolyard allegory, showing respect and consideration won't be as important to that kid after awhile, simply because he can do whatever he want, since he's the biggest baddest mofo in the schoolyard.

The only way he could get beat up, is if all the other kids unite against him...

USA is the leading nation in the world. The president of the USA needs to be someone who is capable of building bridges.

George W Bush is clearly not that person.

Giuliani, Obama, McCain, Edwards or even Clinton... They all would be much better at it.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 04:46:50 AM »
two posts and you have called me two names.

Aren't you the guy who said you support terrorism, as long as we're the ones doing it?

"Whatever it takes"?

I explained my post in the post that followed. If you're too stupid to comprehend that's your problem.

I don't condone terrorism whoever the perpetrator may be.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 05:24:09 AM »
I abhor terror regardless of the perpetrator, it's the epitome of cowardice - I do not, however, agree that the US has ever engaged in such activity.

THis is where it gets tough.

You can google CIA actions since 1948- WIki has a nice list.  Many of them involved giving resources to groups who used terror to get into power.

When you say you "don't agree the US has ever engaged in such an activity", there isn't really anything to debate.  THe vast majority of people in the world would look at the history and say "hell yes we funded groups which did a lot of terror-like shit", we just call it freedom-fighting, liberating them, yada yada.

NO offense bruce, i just see people with your mindset as naive - but more than that.  It's like you bury your head in the sand to any possibility we do anything shady.  I mean, it's like I'm arguing with a 7th grader with a middle school history book.  Pointless.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
US support of the Contras is well documented and the contras counter revolutionaries did commit acts of terror. Let's also not forget Iran in the 60's where the US and UK funded a coup against a democratically elected official only because he wanted to nationalize his nation's oil industry.

The US always meddles in the affairs of nations that don't agree with its policies.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 02:03:51 PM »

NO offense bruce, i just see people with your mindset as naive - but more than that.  It's like you bury your head in the sand to any possibility we do anything shady.  I mean, it's like I'm arguing with a 7th grader with a middle school history book.  Pointless.

You don't think he actually buys the bs he's spewing, do you? He knows he's been caught, so he wants you to "provide documents" even when they're right before his eyes. I mean where are you going to find a document that blatantly states the "US gave weapons to Saddam so he could fight Iran." What you ARE going to find is documents stating the US sent chemicals weapons to Iraqi universities. The documents are there in front of us and their purpose is to disclose information, but we cannot just expect "US gave Saddam weapons - Ronald Reagan" written in a document. It's like the footnotes on Enron's financial statements.  ;) No one except for top exucutives knew what the hell was going on when Enron was at its peak, but they sure as hell know now. For Bruce to say that US didn't give weapons to Saddam would be equalvilent to an auditor saying Enron didn't commit fraud.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
You don't think he actually buys the bs he's spewing, do you? He knows he's been caught, so he wants you to "provide documents" even when they're right before his eyes. I mean where are you going to find a document that blatantly states the "US gave weapons to Saddam so he could fight Iran." What you ARE going to find is documents stating the US sent chemicals weapons to Iraqi universities. The documents are there in front of us and their purpose is to disclose information, but we cannot just expect "US gave Saddam weapons - Ronald Reagan" written in a document. It's like the footnotes on Enron's financial statements.  ;) No one except for top exucutives knew what the hell was going on when Enron was at its peak, but they sure as hell know now. For Bruce to say that US didn't give weapons to Saddam would be equalvilent to an auditor saying Enron didn't commit fraud.   ::)

He admits we gave shit to their universities.  THAT is his defence.  That NO ONE HERE thought saddam would take them from his schools and use them for evil.

Stupid fking position.  naive to the extreme.  We watch Saddam kill nonstop for several years then we don't think he'll use these agents for negative purposes?

Wait - is he a WMD sympathizer ???

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »
You don't even have to go back as far as the contras....

Remember when the Soviet Union was occupying Afghanistan? And back then they were the Supreme Evil Bad Guys Who Ever Was? So we figured we'd undermine them by giving lots of weapons to the locals? But then they became the Taliban?

Honestly, is there a single piece of repeatedly-discredited warmongering insanity that these thuggish morons haven't embraced?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 05:04:56 PM »
I don't know, I should hope they haven't funded terrorist organisations though.

Bruce, ...where do you think AlQ came from... or the Nicaraguan Contras?  :o
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »
This is where Bruce acts uber-naive.

"We would NEVER knowingly help bad guys.  They did it without us knowing".

I expect something like that, just like "No one in America thought Saddam would use chem agents that we gave his universities during war to hurt his enemies".

it's a waste of time.  Bruce has a mindset that we do the right thing morally.  I'm under the impression we do very bad thigns when it's for the greater good.  he will invent scenarios and possibilities to explain away any list of things.  So it's pointless.

This is where you and I differ. I think countries do very bad things when it serves their purpose.
There need'nt be any good in the purpose... and quite often alot of bad, ...but they will do it anyway.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 05:15:10 PM »
yes CJ, I think you're right. I think he's purposely trying to appear naive.

In the off chance I'm wrong (even though we all know I never am  ;) )
Bruce, please consider reading "Rogue State" by William Blum. It's a real eye opener.
w

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
US support of the Contras is well documented and the contras counter revolutionaries did commit acts of terror. Let's also not forget Iran in the 60's where the US and UK funded a coup against a democratically elected official only because he wanted to nationalize his nation's oil industry.

The US always meddles in the affairs of nations that don't agree with its policies.

This wasn't just about oil, at least from the American perspective.  Remember that this occurred when the Cold War was in full swing.  President Truman refused to support an overthrow, but after Eisenhower became president he gave the go-ahead because he had evidence that prime minister Mossadegh was friendly with the USSR.  Really it was the British who were concerned about oil (as it was BP, British Petroleum that was to be nationalized). 

Yes, America meddles in the affairs of other nations.  And so does every other nation with clout, and that's the way the world works.  Every nation acts in its own best interests.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:34 PM »

Yes, America meddles in the affairs of other nations.  And so does every other nation with clout, and that's the way the world works.  Every nation acts in its own best interests.

And it hides its actions and lies about them.  ::) are you going to justify that too?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 08:45:02 PM »
Lots of posts regarding 'America-the-terrorist-state', and yet not a single shred of information or evidence.

I hope you lads are enjoying your little group-think.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »
Lots of posts regarding 'America-the-terrorist-state', and yet not a single shred of information or evidence.

BRUCE,

Is it your position that there is no evidence the US has ever funded terrorist groups?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 09:02:11 PM »

And this is why many kids aren't able to achieve in school, ...because the teacher always has to teach to the slowest, ...most retarded little turd in the classroom, while the rest of the kids are twiddling their thumbs.

Crack a book or two Bruce. Get yourself up to speed. A good place to start is with William Blum's "Rogue State"
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 09:05:40 PM »
BRUCE,

Is it your position that there is no evidence the US has ever funded terrorist groups?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 09:33:22 PM »
BRUCE,

No, it's not.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 09:36:42 PM »
No, it's not.

What is your position?