Author Topic: List of BAD Things BUSH has done while in office  (Read 13034 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: List of BAD Things BUSH has done while in office
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »
No sir, FEMA was in charge of it.  Do you know what F.E.M.A. stands for?

I'll give you a hint.  The F is FEDERAL.

new orleans didnt have a plan for them,, how old is fema? wasnt working properly and it was the first time they had to deal with a big situation. unfortunately they had to learn a lesson- but the fact remains the local government didnt do enough.
my house in upstate ny was hit with 120'' of snow a few weeks ago-but my local government had a plan to deal with the snow-federal agencys and the guard knew what to do to get rid of the snow before they got there. sorry,,but new orleans was warned if a hurricane came they would be fucked,they relied on the levees, but instead of having a plan they let people rot and put the rest in the super dome- thats irresponsible government in my mind

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 07:34:15 PM »
Wait a second!

wasn't the FEMA director a horse trainer?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »
new orleans didnt have a plan for them,, how old is fema? wasnt working properly and it was the first time they had to deal with a big situation. unfortunately they had to learn a lesson- but the fact remains the local government didnt do enough.

FEMA was founded in 1979.   ouch.

FEMA handled Three Mile island.  Ouch again.

Owned, dude.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 07:35:38 PM »
Was he a horse whisperer?    ::)

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »
You mean he used intelligence that was 2+ years old as a bases for starting a war?

That moron should be committed then!

HAHHAHAHAHAHAH,  Kh, think it through next time.

And a year later people are still homeless or their homes are still unlivable?    But we can spend 400 billion getting ourselves killed?

He's the commander and chief, he ok'd the plan.  the buck stops with him.  no one else.

really? can you gives examples?

You mean they can't adequately protect airports in this country but they can spend 400 billion in a no-win situation?

Maybe the terrorist threat isn't what we are being led to believe it is.

info was 2 years old? every intelligence agency in the world thought there were wmds.. blair-russia- our own cia thought so,, remeber what made the finall decision was when saddam kicked out the weapons inspectors

abraham lincoln was the most hated person in america at one point- how many people fought against slavery, a hell of a lot less then what was on the other side- who turned out to be right.. the 'popular' actions and decisions arnt always the right ones

can they protect out airports? well when was the last plane hijacked? shit, last flight i was on had an air marshall

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »
FEMA was founded in 1979.   ouch.

FEMA handled Three Mile island.  Ouch again.

Owned, dude.

owned? seriously your what 30 years old? from what i understand fema was put on the back burner for a while and was hardly ever used. at least they've made changes since then.. usually what happens with disasters- we learn, you can look at what they did, and you can look at what they've done

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »
info was 2 years old? every intelligence agency in the world thought there were wmds.. blair-russia- our own cia thought so,, remeber what made the finall decision was when saddam kicked out the weapons inspectors

did you or did you not just blame clinton for the faulty intelligence?

1.faulty intelligence by the cia created under clinton,,but yes a war was created over faulty intelligence

nice round at double talk  ;)

can they protect out airports? well when was the last plane hijacked? shit, last flight i was on had an air marshall

I can drive a pick up into the Airport sheraton in portland, OR. and i'll be 300 yards or so from where the planes are taxing down the runway.  All i do is mount a .50 cal machine gun on the truck and i can do major damage to a plane full of fuel and passengers.

So your US Marshall on your flight can't do shit about it!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 07:54:39 PM »
And when is our taxes going to have to be raised to pay off this debt?

Contrary to what some liberals say, we don't have to raise taxes to pay off debt.  Our outstanding governor in Hawaii balanced the budget without raising taxes. 

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »

I can drive a pick up into the Airport sheraton in portland, OR. and i'll be 300 yards or so from where the planes are taxing down the runway.  All i do is mount a .50 cal machine gun on the truck and i can do major damage to a plane full of fuel and passengers.

the cia at the time was clintons boys- i didnt blame anyone, i was  taking the blame off bush-whom you blame for every possible thing

you can be shot at at an airport, the mall. school.. do you expect armed guards to cover every square inch of america?
what were working on is getting rid of the psychos that would do such a thing.. and god forbid we investigate a person that makes a threat or conducts suspicious activity.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:03 PM »
owned? seriously your what 30 years old? from what i understand fema was put on the back burner for a while and was hardly ever used. at least they've made changes since then.. usually what happens with disasters- we learn, you can look at what they did, and you can look at what they've done

you made two outright wrong statements.  

FEMA has been around for almost 4 decades now and deals with disasters big and small.

To say they're new and have no experience - Did you just make that up, or learn it wrong?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »
Contrary to what some liberals say, we don't have to raise taxes to pay off debt.  Our outstanding governor in Hawaii balanced the budget without raising taxes. 

I for one, agree with that premise.  But to reform the spending of the federal government to pay off debt?  It's possible of course, but will it ever happen?  Never.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:31 PM »
He also raised the deficit and the debt... Taxes may be bad, but eventually, someone's gotta pay that debt.

Would you rather it be your great great great great grandkids? It's not their fault.

I don't view allowing people to keep more of their own money as creating debt.  The government should always be trying to take as little of your money as possible.  And I don't assume that Bush cutting my taxes created our debt, which existed long before he took office, or created our budget deficit.  It's up to the people we put in office to figure out a way to run the government without raping the taxpayers.  It can be done.    

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 08:00:20 PM »
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 01 Mar 2007 at 03:59:06 AM GMT is:
$ 8 , 7 7 6 , 3 2 0 , 4 4 5 , 5 8 8 . 1 9

The estimated population of the United States is 301,074,282
so each citizen's share of this debt is $29,150.02.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.77 billion per day since September 29, 2006!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 08:00:49 PM »
you made two outright wrong statements.  

FEMA has been around for almost 4 decades now and deals with disasters big and small.

To say they're new and have no experience - Did you just make that up, or learn it wrong?

read my post,, i said how long has fema been around? thats a question mark... from what i know fema was hardly used. they could have been around since the 1800's for all i care but it was still pretty much worthless

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:54 PM »
I for one, agree with that premise.  But to reform the spending of the federal government to pay off debt?  It's possible of course, but will it ever happen?  Never.

Depends on who we put in office.  John Edwards has already said he's going to raise taxes.  I suspect Hillary and Obama would do the same.  Democrats in Congress never met a tax increase they didn't like.  

You're probably right.   :-\

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 08:04:19 PM »
the cia at the time was clintons boys- i didnt blame anyone, i was  taking the blame off bush-whom you blame for every possible thing

Oh? really?   do you really think he had only one intelligence assessment he looked at?  He made a bad decision.  period.  it no one but his fault. 

And i stubbed my toe yesterday real bad.  that's his fault to.   ::)

I put blame where blame is due.  HE FUCKED UP.  period.

you can be shot at at an airport, the mall. school.. do you expect armed guards to cover every square inch of america?
what were working on is getting rid of the psychos that would do such a thing.. and god forbid we investigate a person that makes a threat or conducts suspicious activity.

taking a .50 cal and shooting a fueled up plane full of passengers at and airport would be a terrorist ACT that can be easily done,  but hasn't.  why?

it's there for any terrorist to do with little planning and expense.

BUSH is not do a good job protecting us or the threat isn't as bad as he says.

which is it?

BTW and reinforced chain link fence with ditch  and check points/guard houses leading into the airport area would take of this.

minimal cost.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 08:07:32 PM »
Depends on who we put in office.  John Edwards has already said he's going to raise taxes.  I suspect Hillary and Obama would do the same.  Democrats in Congress never met a tax increase they didn't like. 

You're probably right.   :-\

even with republicans in office and in control of both houses for 6 years we haven't got even close.  to do this BB the entire system would have to be over hauled.  it will never happen.  taxes will go up and the blame will go to the dems, but it both parties who are responsible and bush part is 400 billion

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »
even with republicans in office and in control of both houses for 6 years we haven't got even close.  to do this BB the entire system would have to be over hauled.  it will never happen.  taxes will go up and the blame will go to the dems, but it both parties who are responsible and bush part is 400 billion

I reluctantly agree.  Not because it cannot be done, but because we will not have the right people in office to make it happen.  Our governor oversaw a $1 billion turnaround in four years with a veto-proof Democrat majority in both houses.  Wyoming apparently balances their budget without a state income tax and without gouging the people.  It can be done.  But I agree with you that it probably will not be. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
I reluctantly agree.  Not because it cannot be done, but because we will not have the right people in office to make it happen.  Our governor oversaw a $1 billion turnaround in four years with a veto-proof Democrat majority in both houses.  Wyoming apparently balances their budget without a state income tax and without gouging the people.  It can be done.  But I agree with you that it probably will not be. 

yes,  it can be done.  but the good o'le boys club in Washington will never allow it.   :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
read my post,, i said how long has fema been around? thats a question mark...

For you it might be a question mark.

For the rest of us, it's just another piece of history:

In 1979, President Jimmy Carter, at the prompting of the National Governors Association, signed Executive Order 12148 which put a new agency, FEMA, in charge of coordinating all disaster relief efforts at the federal level.

Now, are there any other areas where you have 'question marks'?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 08:17:27 PM »
For you it might be a question mark.

For the rest of us, it's just another piece of history:

In 1979, President Jimmy Carter, at the prompting of the National Governors Association, signed Executive Order 12148 which put a new agency, FEMA, in charge of coordinating all disaster relief efforts at the federal level.

Now, are there any other areas where you have 'question marks'?

if i have any more questions, your my guy

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 09:44:17 PM »
I don't view allowing people to keep more of their own money as creating debt.  The government should always be trying to take as little of your money as possible.  And I don't assume that Bush cutting my taxes created our debt, which existed long before he took office, or created our budget deficit.  It's up to the people we put in office to figure out a way to run the government without raping the taxpayers.  It can be done.   

Well, before Bush took office, we had debt, but we were paying it down. His cutting taxes must have had some effect on the fact that we stopped paying off the debt and started having more... It's not the only reason of course... A war had a lot to do with it (an unnecessary one at that).

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:42 AM »
11.  not sent enough jihadists to meet Allah

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »

All people do is bitch about airport security!!! Say it is to intrusive already, I agree we could do more but we won't because of public sentiment.
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 07:30:41 AM »
All people do is bitch about airport security!!! Say it is to intrusive already, I agree we could do more but we won't because of public sentiment.

This is obvious stuff, MM, things that wouldn't take much.  It's not about doing more and their being a problem with it, it's about being wide open and making it easy for anyone to attack us.

It's not being done properly and that's a fact.  undeniable.  And the person in charge isn't making sure of it.

Most people i know that travel including myself who travels 50k to 100k per year FFM, they don;t mind.