Author Topic: To all the EuroTrashes bashing America on Getbig (oh brother)  (Read 39126 times)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: To all the EuroTrashes bashing America on Getbig (oh brother)
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2007, 10:52:24 AM »
Heh, there's a nice quote that suits your comment: "How can "the world's only super-power" claim to lead the world when it knows so little about the world?"

Here's a link to this quote, it also includes nice stats about americans "knowledge" of geography :P

I love to sound like the ignorant and arrogant American here and say that the reason that most Americans could give a shitless about knowledge of geography is because we have the whole world trying to move into our country to be part of us not the other way around....... ;D
You Can't Do It!!!

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
Hmm...A lot of americans here have been asking: "If our country sucks so much, how come everyone wants to move here?"

Well, i have a theory: it's because, in america, EVERYONE, be it an immigrant from africa or mexico, or from europe, can easily feel themselves superior compared to majority of the country's population. And, that is also the reason, why everyone NOT YET living in america, think that they could have better success on what they do, in america :)

I mean, check out this video:

Don't you think that you would be considered very, very smart amongst these people? :D

In case some of you won't bother to watch the video, i'll put here a few highlights from it:

Q: Name a country that startīs with an U?
A: Utah / Utopia / Yugoslavia

Q: Whatīs the currency of the UK?
A: Queen Elisabeths money

Q: Whatīs the major religion of Israel?
A: Israeli...

Q: What's the religion of Buddhist Monks
A: Islam

Q: what's the currency of the UK?
A: I think they use american money

And then a guy who is asked to point France from the world map, points Australia

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2007, 10:56:55 AM »
Heh, there's a nice quote that suits your comment: "How can "the world's only super-power" claim to lead the world when it knows so little about the world?"

Here's a link to this quote, it also includes nice stats about americans "knowledge" of geography :P

Ok "FinnPilot," I majored in Political Science and minored in International Relations.

I'll test my "knowledge" against yours anytime. ;D

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
I love to sound like the ignorant and arrogant American here and say that the reason that most Americans could give a shitless about knowledge of geography is because we have the whole world trying to move into our country to be part of us not the other way around....... ;D

Yeah you probably would love to sound like one, but you and me both know that if you did say that, that would make you look like an idiot, right ? :D  Besides, that would be really interesting thing to say from a guy who's nickname here is "TheRealist".

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »
Hmm...A lot of americans here have been asking: "If our country sucks so much, how come everyone wants to move here?"

Well, i have a theory: it's because, in america, EVERYONE, be it an immigrant from africa or mexico, or from europe, can easily feel themselves superior compared to majority of the country's population. And, that is also the reason, why everyone NOT YET living in america, think that they could have better success on what they do, in america :)

I mean, check out this video:

Don't you think that you would be considered very, very smart amongst these people? :D
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..that last line cracked me up hahahahahaha
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
You guys are disgusting. Why do you make fun of people that live in slums? I was born in the slums of southern Tehran, I was lucky. You take to much for granted.

Tehran?

70% of Americans think we'll be bombing you this march.

You'd better get outta there.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »
Ok "FinnPilot," I majored in Political Science and minored in International Relations.

Cool, so you're saying that you wanna test my knowledge of political science and international relations? Then i guess it would be fair that i test my knowledge against you about aviation, since i graduated as a professional pilot from half government owned, most appreciated flight school in finland.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2007, 11:03:01 AM »

And Condor, as i said on my comment under topic about marko savolainen, of course there are exceptions, and i also said that even on this board there seems to be few smart americans :)

Besides, the link i gave you that had stats about american knowledge of geography, is a survey that consists of several americans giving their answers to certain geographical questions. I bet 100 bucks anytime, that the similar survey amongst people in our country would give better statistics. At least everyone living here can locate their own country from world map, unlike americans are able to.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2007, 11:11:05 AM »
What is also worth noting is that Finnpilot, Xerxes and the Shadow are all fluent in English. I wonder how many non immigrant yanks on getbig can speak a second language?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »
What is also worth noting is that Finnpilot, Xerxes and the Shadow are all fluent in English. I wonder how many non immigrant yanks on getbig can speak a second language?

Decently fluent in German.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2007, 11:14:34 AM »

I speak Spanish...Yo soy boriqua..............PUT O

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2007, 11:15:06 AM »
I speak Spanish...Yo soy boriqua..............PUT O
i speak hinde..terri maa ki chut ;D ;D ;D ;D
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2007, 11:15:41 AM »

Durka durka Muhamed Jihad..Bakaladaka..

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »
Durka durka Muhamed Jihad..Bakaladaka..
bhonsade ke..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »
Seig Heil !!!!!!!! Achtung teh shadow !!!!
L

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2007, 11:17:59 AM »

Thank you. Here in Finland, they start to teach us english on third grade, that means when we're 9 years old, and it's compulsory until the end of 9th grade. At the age of 13 we also start to have compulsory swedish lessons, and that also continues until we finish 9th grade. Besides those 2 languages, i'd say 70 percent (my estimate) chooses an extra language during 7th grade, usually deutsch or french, and continue to study it until they pass high school.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2007, 11:19:38 AM »
thanks man..appreciate it alot
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »
Seig Heil !!!!!!!! Achtung teh shadow !!!!
salla harami kutta madarchod.....teh 'male model'
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2007, 11:21:07 AM »

It is very beneficial to have the ability to speak several languages, but let me ask finnpilot, the shadow, and Xerxes why they all felt the need to be fluent in English instead of other languages????
You Can't Do It!!!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2007, 11:23:04 AM »

It is very beneficial to have the ability to speak several languages, but let me ask finnpilot, the shadow, and Xerxes why they all felt the need to be fluent in English instead of other languages????

english is a universal language..please don't say 'americans rule the english language' :-\
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:36 AM »

Because ENGLISH (American style that is) FUCKIN ROCKS

AMERICA.....FUCK YEAH

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:55 AM »
Same thing here in Norway, but why do you have to learn swedish in Finland?  :-\
Im fluent in norwegian of course and I understand swedish and danish. The language 90% same in these countries.

To "Tha Realist":

We learn english when we are 7 in Norway.

We have to learn swedish because it's the second official language of our country. You see, we also have parts in finland where people speak swedish, these people are called finlandsvenska :)

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2007, 11:25:30 AM »
FUCK THE IRISH!!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »
FUCK THE IRISH!!!!

Dude Thats Harsh

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »
Because ENGLISH (American style that is) FUCKIN ROCKS

AMERICA.....FUCK YEAH

I personally think that UK english sounds nicer :D But that's just me...