Author Topic: Legal pakalolo could bring in $33M  (Read 3088 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Legal pakalolo could bring in $33M
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »
I don't think comparing marijuana to alcohol to marijuana is the right approach.  LSD probably impairs driving more than alcohol.  They're both dangerous when it comes to driving.

If marijuana impairs driving, don't you think we ought to regulate this (driving while impaired) for the safety of the public?

MJ definitely impairs my driving ability and my lungs don't really appreciate it either.   No scientific study needed, at least for me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
MJ definitely impairs my driving ability and my lungs don't really appreciate it either.   No scientific study needed, at least for me.

I guess the real issue is about the degree of impairment and health consequences.  If we're talking about a policy decision to legalize a drug, the fact this drug makes accidents more likely and could drive up our health care costs would weigh against legalization. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »
I guess the real issue is about the degree of impairment and health consequences.  If we're talking about a policy decision to legalize a drug, the fact this drug makes accidents more likely and could drive up our health care costs would weigh against legalization. 

perhaps - only assuming that legalizing it would lead to an increase in it's use and also an increase accidents.  I'm not aware of any statistics on this as it relates to MJ.   I think the rampant and legal use of prescriptions drugs might be a bigger issue in this regard.

Is there any data from countries such as Canada where (I believe) it is legal or at least effectively decriminalized?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »
perhaps - only assuming that legalizing it would lead to an increase in it's use and also an increase accidents.  I'm not aware of any statistics on this as it relates to MJ.   I think the rampant and legal use of prescriptions drugs might be a bigger issue in this regard.

Is there any data from countries such as Canada where (I believe) it is legal or at least effectively decriminalized?

I think legalizing marijuana would lead to an increase in its use, don't you?  I don't know about any stats either.  And I agree prescription drugs are probably a bigger problem, but I'm pretty sure it's already illegal to drive while under the influence of things like oxycontin, vicodin, etc. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »
I think legalizing marijuana would lead to an increase in its use, don't you?  I don't know about any stats either.  And I agree prescription drugs are probably a bigger problem, but I'm pretty sure it's already illegal to drive while under the influence of things like oxycontin, vicodin, etc. 

I really don't know.  I think we'd have to look at countries where it was formerly illegal and now is legal. 

I do think that if one is inclined to use it (or try it) then they will regardless of whether it's legal or not.   It's so readily available that I think most kids try pot before they try alchohol.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 06:58:32 PM »
Just smoked a joint and man it's nice.

My eye lids feel heavy and muscles feel so warm and relaxed.   8)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
Just smoked a joint and man it's nice.

My eye lids feel heavy and muscles feel so warm and relaxed.   8)

You freaking druggy, pot head, 2 token, evil sinner......

Can i get a hit of that?   :P ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 11:40:47 AM »
I don't think comparing marijuana to alcohol to marijuana is the right approach.  LSD probably impairs driving more than alcohol.  They're both dangerous when it comes to driving.

If marijuana impairs driving, don't you think we ought to regulate this (driving while impaired) for the safety of the public?

Of course if it were legalized then we'd have to prohibit driving while high and treat it the same way we treat DWIs.

Can i get a hit of that?   

I normally don't roll, but my glass bowl broke last week.  :(