Author Topic: RAVENS TRYING TO ACQUIRE WILLIS McGAHEE VIA TRADE WITH BILLS!  (Read 4602 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
As reported by ESPN......

McGahee Baltimore bound?
<Mar. 7> Trade talks between the Bills and Ravens continue to heat up for McGahee. McGahee has been on the trading block for the past few weeks and the Bills are trying their best to move him.
McGahee is entering the final year of his contract and wants out. Over the past two days, the Bills had visits from Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown. They are going to look at Corey Dillon on Thursday. If the Ravens are going to make a trade for McGahee, they will likely get it done soon.

Personally, I would rather pass on this guy. With his multiple paternity suits and bad attitude, I don't feel this guy would be right for this organization.(I can practically hear the criminal comments coming from certain people.) There's no denying his talent, but he's become very injury prone in the last couple of seasons, so durability is an issue. Attitude's the other issue. This guy is very aloof with the media and he recently conducted an interview for Penthouse magazine where he bashed the Bills organization.(very classy)

But, he would be an upgrade over the current play of Jamal Lewis. Jamal will be missed. Starting running back since he was the 5th overall pick in the 2000 draft. Seems so long ago. But he's still got some tread on his tires. I would wish him well for all he's done for my team over the years if he signs with another team.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
Re: RAVENS TRYING TO ACQUIRE WILLIS McGAHEE VIA TRADE WITH BILLS!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »
Jamal Lewis signed a one year contract with the Cleveland Browns. An AFC North Team. A division rival. Unreal.

Not good. Jamal will be running with extreme prejudice against the Ravens in '07.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »
I love it :D :D

E
E

body88

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:17:13 AM »
I heard it was for a 2nd round pick?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »
I love it :D :D

E

What do you love? Jamal going to the Browns or the Ravens trading for Mcgahee?

Explain yourself, numb skull!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
I heard it was for a 2nd round pick?

3rd and 7th round pick and a 3rd rounder in '08.

Got him cheap if you ask me. Looks like the Bills were desperate to unload him.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »
What do you love? Jamal going to the Browns or the Ravens trading for Mcgahee?

Explain yourself, numb skull!

I love that the browns picked up a beat down jail bird and I love that the ravens are falling apart

does that answer the question? ;D

E
E

body88

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 11:43:41 AM »
3rd and 7th round pick and a 3rd rounder in '08.

Got him cheap if you ask me. Looks like the Bills were desperate to unload him.

The picks are the equivilent to a late second round pick...  Nice pick up if he stays healthy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 11:51:10 AM »
I love that the browns picked up a beat down jail bird and I love that the ravens are falling apart

does that answer the question? ;D

E

hell no they arent.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »
E

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
it's over :)

E

As much as i hate the ravens. I think willis is what they needed. They have weapons on offence. The only place they are hurting is them giving up that de/lb to the pats.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:23:15 PM »

Earl, read carefully. Here's how bad the Ravens are hurting. Although this is just one sportswriter's opinion, I happen to agree with it.  ;)

Since finishing the 2006 regular season at 13-3 and entering the playoffs as the No. 2 seed in the AFC, not much has been going right for the Ravens.
First, there was the 15-6 home loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional round. That was followed by a free agency period that until Thursday had been one to forget. On the surface, it almost appeared the Ravens had gone into this offseason lost and confused, but I don't necessarily buy that theory. If there is one thing GM Ozzie Newsome and head coach Brian Billick have proven since coming to town, it's that they know how to plan their work and work their plan. Thus far, that plan has led to a Super Bowl championship and consistently competitive teams.

BillickThe Ravens' offseason losses have been grossly exaggerated. The team opted not to use the franchise tag on star outside linebacker Adalius Thomas, who hit the market and left for the New England Patriots. While Thomas is a great player who I rated as the No. 1 unrestricted free agent on the market, it was defensive coordinator Rex Ryan who put Thomas in a position to succeed. Ryan is the game's best defensive coach, and it was his schemes that moved Thomas all over the field and allowed him to have success in a Ravens uniform. Thomas is a great football player, but the scheme is even better, and the team feels it will be able to replace Thomas with a young, talented player through the draft.
The team also waived long-time starting running back Jamal Lewis, who opted to sign a one-year deal with the division-rival Cleveland Browns. Nobody in Baltimore is going to fret having to face Lewis two times in 2007; he has been average at best since 2003. Lewis averaged 3.4 and 3.6 yards per carry, respectively, during the last two seasons behind an offensive line that was much better than the one the Browns will trot out this season. Lewis can't make defenders miss at this point in his career, so if the Browns don't open up holes for him, that yards-per-carry average will drop once again.

The Ravens reacted quickly to the loss of Lewis by trading for Buffalo RB Willis McGahee, a running back with a lot more versatility than Lewis. McGahee can run inside and outside, is a lot quicker to the hole and can make people miss. It's a huge upgrade for the Ravens, because Lewis was basically a three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust runner at this point. He was a sitting duck for tacklers, while McGahee is much more of a moving target.

Baltimore also lost right tackle Tony Pashos to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Pashos developed with the Ravens, and it always hurts to lose a guy you have brought a long and turned into a quality starter, but he is not an elite tackle and will be replaced through the draft or with a mid-level free agent like Anthony Clement, Marc Colombo or Jordan Black. While there could be some drop-off, it won't be significant.

The team wanted to bring back starting fullback Ovie Mughelli, but not at the expense of making him the highest-paid fullback to ever play the game. In four NFL seasons, Mughelli has had one productive year, and you can bet the Ravens noticed it came the season before he was set to hit the market. Backup defensive lineman Aubryao Franklin will be missed some, because of his ability to play every spot along the defensive line, but he has just 40 tackles and one sack in four NFL seasons. Franklin had 17 total tackles last season, and the Ravens have other backup players on the roster who can give them that kind of production.

Last but not least, the decision to cut long-time starting guard Edwin Mulitalo was made a lot easier after Mulitalo finished last season on injured reserve and his replacement, second-year man Jason Brown, stepped in and played solidly.

While it would be very easy to jump on the Ravens-bashing bandwagon for the way their offseason has started, I am not going to go there. It is not unusual for Baltimore to have its roster raided in the offseason, which is what tends to happen to teams that draft good players. The roster has been littered with talent over the last six or seven years, and the Ravens have had success in every round of the draft and with undrafted free agents. Newsome, Billick and their talented staff have been able to find quality football players everywhere. And when you consistently draft as well as the Ravens have, you are eventually going to lose some of those good players simply because you just can't keep and pay everyone.

The Ravens are like the college version of the USC Trojans when it comes to acquiring football players. Some guys might leave a little sooner than you would like, but you can count on them reloading. Watching Baltimore on draft day is like watching USC on national signing day: The overall number of acquisitions might be smaller, but don't be surprised if the Ravens hit on about 95 percent of them.

This team has the best personnel staff in the business, and because of that, you won't see me shedding any tears for the Ravens this offseason. They will reload in the draft and with mid-level free agents once the market settles. Make no mistake about it -- this is still the team to beat in the AFC North.
[/b]

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
hahahahahahaha

let me guess that "genius" writes for the baltimore sun ::)

"The Ravens are like the college version of the USC Trojans when it comes to acquiring football players. Some guys might leave a little sooner than you would like, but you can count on them reloading. Watching Baltimore on draft day is like watching USC on national signing day"

yes the ravens are like a team that has won two championships, lost one and finished number 3 in the league in the last 4 years::)

hahahahaha thanks for posting that it made my day :D :D :D

E
E

body88

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »
That article is a little bit of an exaggeration imo. Thomas will be missed. In the hands of Bilichick ( a guy who used to coach LT) Thomas will be very effective. Belichick is a defensive genious. Belicheck pretty much created the hybrid lb position in the 3.4. Cannot forget Belichicks defensive schemes that won the Giants 2 sb's also. That is a total of 5 sb's BB defensive schemes had a part in winning. Not trying to take anything away from Rex, but you cannot ignore the players implementing his schemes. I think Rex is a fantastic defensive coach.

The patriots have been more successful at winning, and remaining competitive then the ravens have (IMO). 3 championships in 4 years, wild card win in the playoffs, and the afc championship game this year. I do not think the ravens are "done". I also think they have a fantastic staff, and draft great players. I think they will reload. I thnk this guy is making it out to be a little to easy to find fantastic players. not every day that you find a 270 lb linebacker that can play 5 defensive position, outside/inside in the 3.4., gun punts, etc etc. That might be tough to replace.

I think the Ravens are a great team, with a awesome defensive coach in Ryan. I think that article may be a bit extreme. The ravens will be in the hunt as always this year. The defense is always very good. It is the offense that killed ya.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »
Hey Body, I'm not trying to compare teams here. The Patriots are better. 3 titles in four years proves it. But I feel that the Ravens' front office is argubly the best in the NFL with fewer draft busts than most teams, including the Patriots. Remember Andy Katzenmoyer?(lame example I know). The last shitty notable Ravens' draft pick that I can think of is Kyle Boller and I feel that he still has a chance to be starter elsewhere on another team. He showed significant improvement last year in limited duty.

Your team's ultimate strengths lie in their supreme coaching staff, in my opinion. With an uncanny ability to get the most out of players abilities whom otherwise didn't rise to the top before they came to the Pats. I know you're going to bite my head off for that statement but fuck it, I'm already starting to look forward to next year and my competitive juices are flowing! ;D

You have a feel for the Patriots pulse in your town, and I have a feel for the Ravens pulse in mine.

That article was from an objective point of view from a beat writer who doesn't work for the Baltimore Sun. Extreme are not, I agree that they will be the team to beat in the AFC North.

Earl, kiss my ass. Your team blows now with Cowher gone. Deal with it. 8)

body88

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 03:19:29 PM »
Hey Body, I'm not trying to compare teams here. The Patriots are better. 3 titles in four years proves it. But I feel that the Ravens' front office is argubly the best in the NFL with fewer draft busts than most teams, including the Patriots. Remember Andy Katzenmoyer?(lame example I know). The last shitty notable Ravens' draft pick that I can think of is Kyle Boller and I feel that he still has a chance to be starter elsewhere on another team. He showed significant improvement last year in limited duty.

Your team's ultimate strengths lie in their supreme coaching staff, in my opinion. With an uncanny ability to get the most out of players abilities whom otherwise didn't rise to the top before they came to the Pats. I know you're going to bite my head off for that statement but fuck it, I'm already starting to look forward to next year and my competitive juices are flowing! ;D

You have a feel for the Patriots pulse in your town, and I have a feel for the Ravens pulse in mine.

That article was from an objective point of view from a beat writer who doesn't work for the Baltimore Sun. Extreme are not, I agree that they will be the team to beat in the AFC North.

Earl, kiss my ass. Your team blows now with Cowher gone. Deal with it. 8)

Sorry, I missunderstood 8) I picked the ravens to win the sb last year. Well, I picked the ravens if the pats couldn't do it :'(

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 03:26:18 PM »
Jamal Lewis signed a one year contract with the Cleveland Browns. An AFC North Team. A division rival. Unreal.

Not good. Jamal will be running with extreme prejudice against the Ravens in '07.

Lewis isn't anywhere near special, if he ever was. In his best year(s) he had an excellent line.

McGahee's not an impact player either.

body88

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
Lewis isn't anywhere near special, if he ever was. In his best year(s) he had an excellent line.

McGahee's not an impact player either.

He better be, he just got 15 mill guaranteed.... 26 mill over four years if he meets all the options. I am glad to have him out of the division. He is a good player, imo......

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
He better be (MacGahee) he just got 15 mill guaranteed.... 26 mill over four years if he meets all the options. I am glad to have him out of the division. He is a good player, imo......

This lack of coaching wisdom reminds of James in Arizona..LOL

body88

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 06:22:18 PM »
Huh???  I am glad to see willis go. He can be a pain in the neck to play against. I am sure jets fans around the world are happy to see him go. He used to kill them.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »
kyle boller was a great draft pick ;)

one playoff win in the last 6 years and the ravens have great management and always "reload" ::)

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »
Huh???  I am glad to see willis go. He can be a pain in the neck to play against. I am sure jets fans around the world are happy to see him go. He used to kill them.

He's nothing special.

body88

pumpster

• Getbig V

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »
You know it would such ass if Jamal blows up next season...

I was thinking the dude was going down hill, maybe he just had a bad season.