Author Topic: Earl, Guts, Flip and Ozmo thread ( Ravens 49ers Steelers)  (Read 29170 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Earl, Guts, Flip and Ozmo thread ( Ravens 49ers Steelers)
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »
lelie is better than bryant?
Bryant has only caught over 4 tds once in his carreer and that was last done in 2002, Lelie did it in 2004 and the past couple of years he's NOT been the main target.

Not betting on Lelie to save the WR corps, but I like him better than Bryant who was starting to complain that he didn't get the ball enough. Last thing the 9ers need right now.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2007, 02:12:04 PM »
Bryant has only caught over 4 tds once in his carreer and that was last done in 2002, Lelie did it in 2004 and the past couple of years he's NOT been the main target.

Not betting on Lelie to save the WR corps, but I like him better than Bryant who was starting to complain that he didn't get the ball enough. Last thing the 9ers need right now.

Lelie can;t be any worse then Bryant was last year.   One thing you will have is a more experienced Alex Smith.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2007, 02:27:49 PM »

Lelie can;t be any worse then Bryant was last year.   One thing you will have is a more experienced Alex Smith.
Yeah, wasn't Bryant your 4th WR in FFL?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »
I guess Bryant needs Pittsburgh to be great, he was a Biletnikoff winner (best receiver in college) here at Pitt 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »

fantasy football?

you got me in a betting mood, I want to join your league next year to own you some more and take some of your riches ;D

E

E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »
fantasy football?

you got me in a betting mood, I want to join your league next year to own you some more and take some of your riches ;D

E

Interesting, he and I have been in this league for more than 10 years. I'll have to talk to the Commissioner because right now we are at 12 teams.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »

he was actually a starter  >:(  until i just gave up on it about mid way through

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2007, 04:44:13 PM »
fantasy football?

E

we will have one on the politics board next season, you are welcome there.  The league OSF and i play on might be full but it would be fun to have you there.     Hopefully we can make the politics board a $100 buy in league, 12 teams, $900 winner, $200 2nd place, $100 3rd.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »
we will have one on the politics board next season, you are welcome there.  The league OSF and i play on might be full but it would be fun to have you there.     Hopefully we can make the politics board a $100 buy in league, 12 teams, $900 winner, $200 2nd place, $100 3rd.

interesting :)

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:28 AM »
You know I'm in!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: [b]Earl would shit himself if Jerry Porter became a Raven![/b]
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2007, 04:27:17 AM »
I've lived in Pittsburgh my entire life you degenerate >:(

so starting in the nfl makes him a great player? ::)

I've seen every single play of MY TEAM for more than 20 years

you on the other hand are the bandwagon jumper living in north carolina and KC and being a ravens fan ::)

max was a major weak point on the line last year which is common knowledge around pittsburgh just like joey had a terrible year

I love how some of you believe everything sean salisbury or whatever espn know it all says, those clowns don't watch all the games just like none of you watch the games

E

Starks and Simmons made me cringe all last year.  I hope they give Kemo a shot, he is nasty, but needs to get his footwork down in pass protection schemes.  I don't know if Simmons is a viable center, having Marvel and Faneca healthy will be a big plus, not to mention resigning Najeh as a third down back.  He is much better at chipping than Fast Willie.  With the blitzes we saw last year, keeping Ben standing up becomes a priority. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2007, 04:29:16 AM »

Lelie is a bust!  He is a big receiver with good speed, and athleticism who runs poor routes, takes downs off, will not sell a route if he is the third receiver, is a poor downfield blocker, and has a serious attitude.  There is a reason he is a 3 consistently.  This coming from a fan boy in Hawaii. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2007, 08:43:16 AM »
Lelie is a bust!  He is a big receiver with good speed, and athleticism who runs poor routes, takes downs off, will not sell a route if he is the third receiver, is a poor downfield blocker, and has a serious attitude.  There is a reason he is a 3 consistently.  This coming from a fan boy in Hawaii. 

yes. all true.  But he can't be any worse  BRyant   

Also, you never know, sometimes players find the fight fit with a new team.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2007, 06:27:57 PM »
As a diehard UH fan, I can tell you that Lelie won't fit anywhere with his crap attitude. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

Also, you never know, sometimes players find the fight fit with a new team.

when your team has been a joke it is natural to have unrealistic hopes ;)

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »

E

ahh dude,   :(  i was just starting to like you!

;)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2007, 06:03:24 AM »

E
HAHAHAHAHA! Earl you're definitely going to lose the bet now! Anytime a team or athlete does a CHUNCKY CAMPBELL'S SOUP COMMERCIAL, they end up having a bad year!

McNabb did it and had a bad year that year.
The whole Eagles team did it, and had a bad year.
Warner did it after the SB, and lost his job to Bulger.

Now the STEELERS are doing CHUNKY SOUP COMMERCIALS! Here comes the curse. ;)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA! Earl you're definitely going to lose the bet now! Anytime a team or athlete does a CHUNCKY CAMPBELL'S SOUP COMMERCIAL, they end up having a bad year!

The curse was last year.  8-8, Bens injuries, Cowher leaving. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »

we did the commercial last year

it's a new year 8)

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2007, 06:04:46 AM »
Actually there is a new one out on the Steelers. Now it's on the "offseason" workout including Chuncky Soup. Last year was just Ben and his line man.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »
Actually there is a new one out on the Steelers. Now it's on the "offseason" workout including Chuncky Soup. Last year was just Ben and his line man.

whatever brings you hope

you 9er fans need all the luck you can get :D

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2007, 06:06:35 AM »
whatever brings you hope

you 9er fans need all the luck you can get :D

E
You know it's going to hang over your head. Maybe Martha Fleishman has sisters that are driving aroung the Steelers practice compound! :D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »
Well Earl, Faneca has been bitching. Should they cut him too?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »

I think you're being too harsh.  He played with Jake Plummer.  That accounts for a lot.  I watched a clip of all of his catches in 05 and he could have had about 10 TDs if Plummer hit him stride.  Also, he started opposite Rod Smith, so he wasn't the WR3 in Denver after his rookie year.   

Lelie led the NFL in yards per catch for 2 years in a row.  He also set several Bronco receiving records.  He does not have a problem with work ethic.  And he doesn't have a poor attitude.  He was never a locker room problem at UH and was fine in Denver till his holdout. 

I completely disagree with the way he handled his situation in Denver.  He should have kept his mouth shut, gone to camp, played out his last year, and become a FA.  He made a huge mistake IMO. 

I think he's a great addition to the Niners.  Alex Smith has a better arm than Plummer and is much more accurate than Vick.  Lelie will be surrounded by DJax, Vernon Davis, and a great RB in Gore.  I think he'll have a very good year.  And the thing about him is if you hit him in stride, it's a TD from anywhere on the field. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2007, 01:25:13 PM »
The Steelers should've hired Grimm instead of some guy that looks like he works at a Mcdonalds.