Author Topic: Branch Warren's right lat injury (pics)  (Read 13189 times)

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Branch Warren's right lat injury (pics)
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 10:22:12 AM »
if he doesn't cool it a little bit on his back training he will, i know this sounds crazy coming from someone who admires strength but there's no reason for any of these dudes to go over 315 on bb rows or 6-7 plates on t bars for full range reps.

then why do you make fun of me so much for the fact that ive learned how to make lighter weights work for me?? this is why im training at 42 and injury free after 25 years in the gym.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
Its really an illusion.

HE is TINY in person.

His arms are 16 inches at best.  No shit.  That makes his legs look bigger.

your a complete idiot... he is as thick as you are tall...  and i bet you wouldn't say that shit to his face you pussy.

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »
why do you have a pic of him doing a side chest.. how does that show his injury??

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »
Thats a pro these days? Dude looks like shit, wouldn't crack top ten at any pro show in the mid 90's.

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2007, 12:55:30 AM »
Most intelligent post in this entire thread (although it could use a grammar injection).

Although I've never admired Jay's physique and think that he's only top 5 material and not Mr. O, he does have one of the worlds top 10 best physiques RIGHT NOW.  And I will not say he lifts LIGHT WEIGHTS by any means - he just doesn't feel the need to show off when he's depleted. 

In his latest video he's doing deadlifts with 5 plates for a couple of sets, bench 4... very impressive.  And he's not "Swinging" the weights as some of you like to think.  Look around the gym and see how the stiff lifters stand there with thier elbows buried in thier obliques thinking this is "perfect" form.  Jay uses his entire arm to get the weight up on a standing dumbbell curl - the same way that Ronnie does it on his video when he's curling the 75's - and his biceps are CLEARLY Contracting.  Your body doesn't have to be "stiff" to stimulate the muscle.

Jay trains very strictly compared to tons of guys at the gym, and a hell of a lot stricter than Branch Warren or Johnnie Jackson. 

Ronnie, on the other hand, is a genetic MUTANT and you guys still don't accept that.  Before he even LIFTED WEIGHTS he had striations and veins in his legs from simply playing on a football field.  Before he juiced he had 20 inch arms.  That's genetics, and he's going to get away with a lot more than most of us ever will.

Oh, and by the way - the guy is in his early 40's --- and he suffers his first injury, which isn't even a major concern compared to the rest of his physique.

I agree that the weights are getting crazy, but to exaggerate and say all of these guys use shit form and only move the weight "4 inches" is like saying True Adonis is a bodybuilder - it just ain't true.

Like someone said, guys who use heavy weights have a kind of physique and thickness others dont have...(Johnnie , Banch, Ronnie, etc)
 And lets get real people...people who use light weights and have great physiques (for a pro a least) HAVE to be genetic beasts....like Flex Wheeler for instance or maybe Gunter, and even those guys put some big numbers a lot of times...
 Jay may not force himself 100% to beat his records on weight, but he dont use 'girlie' weights either...he do go heavy, and after all, he is more of a 'volume' guy...And even the fact he do not use perfect form may be a thing that prevent him from injuries (just look at Dorian...Perfect form with lots of intensity led him to what???)
 Ronnie may have his injuries but have in mind the guy has like 15, 20 YEARS of heavy trainning...its not like he have a tear every year....
 Inhuman volume may work a lot for some guys (lee for instance, or maybe Milos?) and prevent him to have injuries...but this doesnt look to work for anyone....