Author Topic: Can Homosexuality Be Treated and Prevented?  (Read 7371 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: Can Homosexuality Be Treated and Prevented?
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 08:13:59 PM »
Well, actually at the U of Washington scientists have been working on ways to make gay sheep straight.  Obvi gay male sheep are worthless for producing more sheep and farmers get jipped when they buy  male sheep who turn out gay.

The scientists actually ahve had some success but activists, including Martina Natarolova (i botched the sp) are saying that it should be stopped as it is anti-homosexual.  They probably dont like that fact that the findings suggest taht in the future gay people could indisputedly have the choice whether or not to be straight or gay.

I believe i posted the link awhile ago, I will look for it. 
Valhalla awaits.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
Well, actually at the U of Washington scientists have been working on ways to make gay sheep straight.  Obvi gay male sheep are worthless for producing more sheep and farmers get jipped when they buy  male sheep who turn out gay.

The scientists actually ahve had some success but activists, including Martina Natarolova (i botched the sp) are saying that it should be stopped as it is anti-homosexual.  They probably dont like that fact that the findings suggest taht in the future gay people could indisputedly have the choice whether or not to be straight or gay.

You just destroyed the argument that homosexuality is a choice. I'm guessing you didn't mean to do that. Here's a quote from an article about the study you mentioned.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Gay sheep that mate only with other rams have different brain structures from "straight" sheep, a finding that may shed light on human sexuality, U.S. researchers said on Monday.

The differences are similar to those seen in some homosexual humans, but probably only go a small way to explaining the causes of different sexual preferences, the team at Oregon Health & Science University said.

http://www.libchrist.com/other/homosexual/sheepandanimals.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »

fuck martina - can you imagine the $$$$'s you could make selling an anti-gay drug.   Just the christian market alone would be huge!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »
fuck martina - can you imagine the $$$$'s you could make selling an anti-gay drug.   Just the christian market alone would be huge!!

According to this link the brains of homosexuals are somewhat different than the brains of heterosexuals. That doesn't bode well for the "homosexuality is a choice" line of reasoning.

Oops, here's another one.

A study of gay sheep appears to confirm the controversial suggestion that there is a biological basis for sexual preference.

The work shows that rams that prefer male sexual partners had small but distinct differences in a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, when compared with rams that preferred to mate with ewes.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3008

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »
According to this link the brains of homosexuals are somewhat different than the brains of heterosexuals. That doesn't bode well for the "homosexuality is a choice" line of reasoning.

the money man

keep your focus on the money

there is a potentially huge market selling gay curing pills to christians and republicans

have you ever seen the movie Brain Candy?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »
the money man

there is a potentially huge market selling gay curing pills to christians and republicans

Sorry, you're right. How could I have forgotten about the money.

Is Brain Candy the movie that Canadian Comedy Group did? If so then yes, I saw it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »
Sorry, you're right. How could I have forgotten about the money.

Is Brain Candy the movie that Canadian Comedy Group did? If so then yes, I saw it.

maybe instead of anti gay pills I'll just sell wooden peg boards and matching father and son shower caps

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 03:32:47 AM »
the money man

Seen it, ...I worked on it. Nightmare shoot.  ::)
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 09:04:55 AM »
You wouldn't be able to keep an anti-homo pill on the shelves, LOL!