Author Topic: Whats up with all these people hating on AAS users  (Read 2154 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Whats up with all these people hating on AAS users
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:27:34 PM »
Why are their so many people who hate AAS users?  They act like they have done something to hurt them personally and hate them with a passion, wtf?
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Whats up with all these people hating on AAS users
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:55:48 PM »
Why are their so many people who hate AAS users?  They act like they have done something to hurt them personally and hate them with a passion, wtf?
Human nature:
*automaticlay hate what you don't understand.
*believe what others tell you simply because they told you they know what they are talking about.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »
AJ thats right on target with your mag submission.  Are you gonna do some more of them?  I think AJ might of got a mention in Romano's column in MD last month  :D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »
AJ thats right on target with your mag submission.  Are you gonna do some more of them?  I think AJ might of got a mention in Romano's column in MD last month  :D
I'm a bit undecided about writing any more on the MD site. Two of the articles I've submitted won the contest out right fair and square, but because a handful of people over there seem to hate my very existence they were shot down. Basically what happened is another guy who was submitting articles was called for cheating...he was creating fake accounts and voting for his article. After he was called on this, he claimed that he only did it because I was doing the same thing...even though there was no proof. So, the mods over there, even though there was no proof, pretty much made it imposable for me to win based on this false accusation...what can you do, I guess that's life.

As far as Romano mentioning me in MD, I've been mentioned twice, which is cool, but only mentioned as "Arnold jr"...I'll be much more satisfied if I can get mentioned by my "real" name someday in some fashion.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »
Yeah Buddy!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
Regarding HATE - Its often a nice indicator of success. ;D
If you get ANYTHING others want (Nevermind the fact how hard you worked for it) you will find a
new personal platoon of haters! Enjoy them as they waste their energy. They owe it too you.

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 07:51:25 PM »

maybe its just you? ;)

but its also how you act towards others you don't have to be on roids for someone to think your a asshole.

If you think your the shit cause your on roids then you deserve to be looked at like a ass.but its just like everyone they have there own opinion and you take in one ear and out the other.

Its like why should you hate a person cause there rich? its more jealous then anything.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:20:13 AM »
Human nature:
*believe what others tell you simply because they told you they know what they are talking about.

Agreed.

joropower

• Getbig II
  • www.anabolmarket.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:47:49 AM »
 I dont care if someone hates me. He hates me because he is not brave enough to be in my shoes:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 10:27:44 AM »
Regarding HATE - Its often a nice indicator of success. ;D
If you get ANYTHING others want (Nevermind the fact how hard you worked for it) you will find a
new personal platoon of haters! Enjoy them as they waste their energy. They owe it too you.

I really like this post, its right on the money.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 01:59:58 PM »
Theres also that large contingent of people who just get off
controlling others lives. They tend to live a very boring existence and have sex
once a year or so with the lights off.   Basically they're a very frustrated tribe, and telling others how to live seems to make up for their lack of fulfillment.   They are fearfull and feel threatened by most everything.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 05:41:46 PM »
Theres also that large contingent of people who just get off
controlling others lives. They tend to live a very boring existence and have sex
once a year or so with the lights off.   Basically they're a very frustrated tribe, and telling others how to live seems to make up for their lack of fulfillment.   They are fearfull and feel threatened by most everything.

Again love it.  The world is full of em.  People are so hard to like, I Laugh my ass off when someone says "Im a people person, I love people" makes me wanna puke.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »
Jealousy - plain and simple.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 06:52:58 PM »
FEAR.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »
I really don't think that things like jealousy, fear, or feeling threatened by it are what cause the problem...not when referring to the majority of people. True, like Trab said, when it comes to a certain element of controll in regards to the subject, various government intities and a portion of the medical comunity fall into this group. But as for the majority, the mass of people and their ever-enduring hysteria over performance enhancing drugs is simply created by the two previously mentioned groups...most people will believe anything that someone tells them if they have the letters "PhD" beside their name or if enough congressmen blatantly push an issue. If congress were to create a committee headed founded by the AMA, claiming that bubble gum caused brain cancer, I guarantee you every Joe Blow would believe it.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »
We cant forget the "cheating" stigma. As if sports are clean except for a couple Bad -Bad dopers. ???
The general public is SO ignorant about the effects and magnitude of the use of the stuff - They can tell 'em ANYTHING and they believe it.   At least its not such a charade in BBing anymore.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »
Yep fear is pretty much what screws up all of us, some more than others.

I see this everywhere.  People are so afraid of change or the unknown, so fear struck that they will stay in the same miserable situation because of it.  Be it jobs, relationships, addictions, whatever it might be.  

There was this guy who worked as a carpenter, well he was miserable as were most of his coworkers.  So they all sat around and bitched and complained about their lot in life.  "This sucks, this work sucks and we get treated like shit" (all true) But when opportunities came up in the company for better positions, like estimators, safety pros or other positions they all found reasons to stay right the f*ck where they were, in hell.  They all said "not enough money, cant work in an office, not computer literate" any reason they could think of to not change....cause change is uncertain and scary.

Some guys had the balls to take a risk and have done very well with it. So guess what all the old coworkers start to do?  Spew hate and more fear at the people who bettered themselves, but it serves them well as they just slip further and further into the abyss. Miserable bunch of little boys who are so far from brave.  I have to say having the last laugh is very satisfying.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 07:15:29 AM »
I find that the jealousy aspect comes from other people's laziness in general.  When I bump into friends I haven't seen for some time, some of them are funny with me because I've put on a lot of size since they last saw me, whereas most of them have grown beer bellies.  They resent the fact that they don't look as good, but don't have the willpower to go out and achieve it themselves.  It's the same with other things, if you have a well-paid job, some people hate you for having money, if you've got a good looking girl, they hate you because theirs isn't.  However, this can be a good thing, because you immediately learn who the genuine people are in your life, and which ones are there for their own personal gain.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 09:18:32 AM »
If I may put my 2 cents in here, the world is full of haters... and to those who say that bodybuilders are lazy and it's all in the sauce they are taking and that's what makes them look like freaks......well as I don't have to tell anyone on this board.....I truly believe bodybuilding is one of, if not the hardest sport in the world. You do not know determination until you do prep work for a show....you don't know intensity untill your under a squat bar with 405LBS on your back going for max reps balls to the floor. And at the end there is only one person you can blame if you fail.........yourself.

Life is full of things that one may not understand....but if you take the time to ask the question and listen to the answer your judgement then may surprise you.

So to all those haters that snub there nose at us who use AAS.......I say this..........

EAT A DICK!!!!!!!
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
I find that the jealousy aspect comes from other people's laziness in general.  When I bump into friends I haven't seen for some time, some of them are funny with me because I've put on a lot of size since they last saw me, whereas most of them have grown beer bellies.  They resent the fact that they don't look as good, but don't have the willpower to go out and achieve it themselves.  It's the same with other things, if you have a well-paid job, some people hate you for having money, if you've got a good looking girl, they hate you because theirs isn't.  However, this can be a good thing, because you immediately learn who the genuine people are in your life, and which ones are there for their own personal gain.

The last sentence is perfect! i was about to say that exact thing.

I have dealt with the same. i was always quiet and meek as a teenager. People run into me now and see a successful business man and powerlifter with an attractive girlfriend. instantly they hate me or say something rude out of jealousy. This happens very rarely but it does happen more often than i would ever imagine.

the same issue goes for gear use. i never tell anyone about it but you can't hide it from people like us who have been around it for years. alot of men dislike me because of it but it's mainly because they don't understand it or they use and don't get the same results out of lack of knowledge and/or work ethic.

I trained and competed natural for 7 years. not once did i hate any man who used gear to advance his gains "as long as he competed against other users". i do have a BIG problem with gear users who compete in drug tested divisions and mask their tests. this happens way too often and it's getting harder and harder to catch these guys.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »

Nice post. You make great points.

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 11:54:19 AM »
They can hate me for using AAS , I hate them for being fat, lazy and ignorant and having the cojones to tell me that what I am doing is wrong. As far as cheating goes, I would rather cheat to keep my body more healthy, stronger and better looking than follow the norm and drink and smoke (live by the rules per say). Fuck em if they don't like it or me, I didn't ask thier permission or advice and could care less to hear it anyway.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »
Human nature:

You can add jealosy to that list. People don't understand performance enhancing drugs. Yet they'll go smoke joints, snort cocaine and swallow exctasy like tic tacs  ::)

PB

k9

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
I've been to a few natural shows and all I can say is that when someone says, "I'm natural," is an excuse.  When you're going on stage at 5' 9" and 155 lbs. you gotta have some kinda explanation.  I prefer a bodyBUILDING show to a Ghandi expo.

joropower

• Getbig II
  • www.anabolmarket.com
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 11:31:37 AM »
I really don't think that things like jealousy, fear, or feeling threatened by it are what cause the problem...not when referring to the majority of people. True, like Trab said, when it comes to a certain element of controll in regards to the subject, various government intities and a portion of the medical comunity fall into this group. But as for the majority, the mass of people and their ever-enduring hysteria over performance enhancing drugs is simply created by the two previously mentioned groups...most people will believe anything that someone tells them if they have the letters "PhD" beside their name or if enough congressmen blatantly push an issue. If congress were to create a committee headed founded by the AMA, claiming that bubble gum caused brain cancer, I guarantee you every Joe Blow would believe it.
agreed