Author Topic: Lennox Lewis returning for a rematch with Klitschko  (Read 15104 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Lennox Lewis returning for a rematch with Klitschko
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
I hope to God that stupid tea drinking crumpet eating croquet fag gets his face beat in... Hope to God Klitschko puts him into a wheelchair..

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »
Tyson pre meltdown would have slaughtered Lewis.

He would not have feared anyone then and probably not after his jail term, however he may have known his skills were not up to defeating Lewis prior to the bout, but I doubt the loon would be afraid!

ta ta

100% correct. I think Tyson knew Lewis was going to whip him but he went and fought without being afraid. He should have bit Lewis ear!
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 01:44:27 PM »
My groupie always brings it back to me while conveniently ignoring the same sentiment from others. I give him a reason for being, in lieu of his own content. LOL

Wow, who cares what others think tuff guy? You are your own man I thought?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »
yeah that is why he basically chose to fight holyfield over lewis ::)

also when guys fight for a living they normally don't go around bragging about who they are afraid of...

E

Ok ,Earl. When you got thye nuts to step in the ring get back to me. ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 03:04:57 PM »

Wow, who cares what others think tuff guy? You are your own man I thought?

Yet another example. I give him a reason to post in the absene of anything else to say.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »
then why wasnt it ever contested when it was repeatedly said in the build up to the fight?

I never heard anybody say it other than you

I think it was "beyond the glory" where it was said that they sparred and both fought well

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »
He HAS faced guys as big as Lewis prior to that fight... I don't have a complete rundown, but I do remember a fight... I think it was in 86, where he took out a 6'6' monster and checked him in the corner and pummelled him.

Lewis was NOT a power hitter... NEVER...

he never ever faced a guy with his size, skills, and power

first guy i've ever heard say lennox wasn't a "power hitter" ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2007, 03:28:41 PM »
Correct.  And Lewis had a glass jaw.  It is Lewis, not Tyson, who might be one of the most overrated fighters in boxing history.  He was a stiff IMO.  Tyson was an animal.  I've never seen a fighter hit as hard as he did.  I remember his line early in his career, where he said he throws "every punch with bad intentions."  That's a classic.  And it was true.  He was a devastating puncher in his prime.  When he fought Frank Bruno, I recall him breaking Bruno's jaw and one or two ribs.  And remember the Berbick knockout?  I short hook that literally knocked Berbick silly.   

who are the great fighters tyson has beaten?

you just named a bunch of cans

berbick beating an old over the hill ali doesn't make him great

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Completely agree. Who besides Tyson was a credible heavyweight with skill during the late 80's and early 90's that Tyson beat? Michael Spinks? Please!

Tyson would have had trouble with Lewis in any era, period. Don't tell me Lewis doesn't have any power. The last thing a heavyweight loses is his power. Last time I checked he put a bloody Tyson on his sorry ass. Most people get disillusioned by how Tyson layed waste to everyone in his prime. But the bottom line is, he never fucking beat anybody!! Name one credible heavyweight that he has defeated besides a scared to death Michael Spinks. Tyson always had trouble with bigger opponents with decent reach and a good jab. Always. Buster Douglas was 6'4" with a good jab and reach. Remember how that turned out? Don't tell me Tyson wasn't focused. Douglas came to fight that night and WAS NOT intimidated whatsoever of the Tyson mystique.
That's another reason why he couldn't knockout Bonecrusher Smith(who was huge)who thoroughly confused Tyson but lost a majority decision. Tyson was way overrated. There was never a good heavyweight to truly test him during his prime.

finally somebody that agrees with me AND EVERY GUY THAT GETS PAID TO KNOW BOXING

tyson is overrated by FANS because he knocked people out

tyson was a scary bully and until he fought douglas nobody was willing to stand up to him

look what happened :)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »
Ok ,Earl. When you got thye nuts to step in the ring get back to me. ::)

???

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »
finally somebody that agrees with me AND EVERY GUY THAT GETS PAID TO KNOW BOXING

tyson is overrated by FANS because he knocked people out

tyson was a scary bully and until he fought douglas nobody was willing to stand up to him

look what happened :)

E

If you don't think Douglas was scared of Tyson, you're crazy... He was scared that night... He's admitted that he had fear, but he powered through it.

So you're paid to know boxing? Almost every boxing analyst on the planet says that Tyson was a fucking beast and that he in his prime would whip damn near anyone out there today.

If you say otherwise, great... have fun... feel free to tell Tyson he's a pussy next time you see him.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
If you don't think Douglas was scared of Tyson, you're crazy... He was scared that night... He's admitted that he had fear, but he powered through it.

So you're paid to know boxing? Almost every boxing analyst on the planet says that Tyson was a fucking beast and that he in his prime would whip damn near anyone out there today.

If you say otherwise, great... have fun... feel free to tell Tyson he's a pussy next time you see him.

he was scared yeah but he was also the first to stand up to him

i'm not paid to know boxing but others are and they all say tyson is overrated by fans

you pulled the "almost every boxing analyst" thing out of your ass ::)

when did I say tyson was a pussy and what is the deal with so many people around here nowadays saying "you wouldn't say that to his face" ::)

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:52 PM »
he was scared yeah but he was also the first to stand up to him

i'm not paid to know boxing but others are and they all say tyson is overrated by fans

you pulled the "almost every boxing analyst" thing out of your ass ::)

when did I say tyson was a pussy and what is the deal with so many people around here nowadays saying "you wouldn't say that to his face" ::)

E

Let me put it to you like this... I would have no problem looking at Lewis and saying that he ducked a lot of people and was a sub par champ... I would not say it to Tyson.

Not because of Tyson's temper more than Lewis' but simply because if Lewis hit me, I think I could take it... if Tyson hit me, I'd be fucked.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2007, 08:33:49 PM »
Let me put it to you like this... I would have no problem looking at Lewis and saying that he ducked a lot of people and was a sub par champ... I would not say it to Tyson.

Not because of Tyson's temper more than Lewis' but simply because if Lewis hit me, I think I could take it... if Tyson hit me, I'd be fucked.

Sorry pal I dont know you and I just started reading but if your not a fighter who trains everyday I dont think that you could take a hit from someone who trains all day... Just my two cents but youd get knocked out.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2007, 10:35:05 PM »
Sorry pal I dont know you and I just started reading but if your not a fighter who trains everyday I dont think that you could take a hit from someone who trains all day... Just my two cents but youd get knocked out.

I didn't say I wouldn't... I just said I'd rather get hit by Lewis than Tyson... that's all.

Lewis would knock me out... Tyson might kill me.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2007, 10:02:15 AM »
then you obviously didnt watch the full build up to the fight, where it was stated numerous occasions. Lewis wasnt a knockout puncher, he had a good punch but he was never the kind of guy who could put you to sleep with 1 big haymaker. That was Tysons meat and potatos there mate
Scouser on Tour

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2007, 10:27:02 AM »
Klitschko and Lewis BOTH excelled because the heavyweight field has been INCREDIBLY week for about a decade.
During any other time BOTH would be ranked as mediocre fighters. :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »

Completely irrelevant; his point was that Tyson was one of the top all-time punchers, whereas Lewis was underwhelming, with no compelling strengths in any area.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »
Completely irrelevant; his point was that Tyson was one of the top all-time punchers, whereas Lewis was underwhelming, with no compelling strengths in any area.

What about lewis' size, height,and reach? Those were compelling strengths which contributed greatly to his success as a heavyweight champion.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2007, 11:31:32 AM »
I hope he gets his arse whooped

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2007, 11:39:44 AM »
What about lewis' size, height,and reach? Those were compelling strengths which contributed greatly to his success as a heavyweight champion.

Size is misleading by itself. Also depends on how it's used and the guy's temperment.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »

thats where youre wrong, most experts incluing Max Klellerman on air and on his radio show has said repetedly that Mike Tyson was very much dominated against the best heavyweights of his era. which is true, you cant argue that.
 Mike in his prime may whip everyone today except for the top the Klitchko brothers perhaps, being that the division is so weak.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »
  thats where youre wrong, most experts incluing Max Klellerman on air and on his radio show has said repetedly that Mike Tyson was very much dominated against the best heavyweights of his era. which is true, you cant argue that.
 Mike in his prime may whip everyone today except for the top the Klitchko brothers perhaps, being that the division is so weak.

That's what I said.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »
lennox retired to avoid fighting his brother.either Klitschko would kill him..
DAWG