Author Topic: Police Use Taser Gun On Woman Having Diabetic Seizure  (Read 7017 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Police Use Taser Gun On Woman Having Diabetic Seizure
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 12:43:45 AM »
head down to 42nd precinct and say that

Why? so you shitheads can hide behind your badge and authority and get away with kicking the shit out of me 5 guys to 1? No thanks porky. :-*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »
were verbal,taser,peper, deadly force... id take a taser hit over peper spray any day

I'd take a taser over a broken bone too.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 12:46:04 AM »
Sure they are taught unarmed combat.  What they aren't required to do is use it.  The typical steps are verbal command, a range of options from pepper spray, baton, to taser, to deadly force.  Hand-to-hand combat isn't required at all, at least not in Hawaii. 

Hand-to-hand combat is the last thing cops want to do, because it gives the perp a chance to take the cop's weapon away.

They are taught to use the level of force one step higher than that being used against them.   

You said levels of force and you're right...

See... Gun > Taser > Mace / Pepper > Take Down

You have to use what's right in a scenario... In this scenario, the right thing is Take Down... That's all I'm saying... This was not the time to Shoot, Tase, or Mace someone.

Since a seizure is a misfiring of nerve synapses I don't personally think adding an electrical shock to the mix is the right thing to do.

If they don't know when to use something, should they have the right to use it?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 12:47:24 AM »
were verbal,taser,peper, deadly force... id take a taser hit over peper spray any day

Not me... and I've been hit with both.

At least with spray, I don't piss or shit myself.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 12:48:55 AM »
your typical i hate police pussy, because you've never had a real authority fiqure in your life.. your offended because someone who has more power then you.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:07 AM »

You have to use what's right in a scenario... In this scenario, the right thing is Take Down... That's all I'm saying... This was not the time to Shoot, Tase, or Mace someone.

Since a seizure is a misfiring of nerve synapses I don't personally think adding an electrical shock to the mix is the right thing to do.

Are you kidding? YOU expect highly trained police officers(minimum of 2 ) to be able to take down and subdue 1 crazed diabetic ,UNARMED WOMAN !! You are crazy...they are just men not machines.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:23 AM »
Not me... and I've been hit with both.

At least with spray, I don't piss or shit myself.

fuck that,, the taser hursts for a second,, peper spray stings like a bitch forever

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:42 AM »
your typical i hate police pussy, because you've never had a real authority fiqure in your life.. your offended because someone who has more power then you.

That seems to be a very general statement... Are you saying he should fear you because you have a gun and a badge? (Or a taser and some pepper?)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 12:51:08 AM »

I don't know about other jurisdictions, but a physical confrontation, or a "take down," isn't required in Hawaii.  Also, they are not taught that they must use a taser over pepper, etc.  It's within the officer's discretion to use what they think is appropriate under the circumstances and they have the right to go one step higher than the force being used by the perp.  

If a cop abuses his or her discretion, he or she should find another line of work.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:22 AM »
fuck that,, the taser hursts for a second,, peper spray stings like a bitch forever

Once I get my breath back and run my eyes with water, I'm good with it.

Something about electricity running through my body that can shut my heart down just doesn't appeal to me.

Are you kidding? YOU expect highly trained police officers(minimum of 2 ) to be able to take down and subdue 1 crazed diabetic ,UNARMED WOMAN !! You are crazy...they are just men not machines.

Yes, I do...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2007, 12:53:19 AM »
That seems to be a very general statement... Are you saying he should fear you because you have a gun and a badge? (Or a taser and some pepper?)

of course not.. people that hate police cant deal with authority fiqures.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 12:55:47 AM »
of course not.. people that hate police cant deal with authority fiqures.

That's not true... I dislike police because I used to be around them all of the time.

It's not about authority... It's about how I realized that they were just average regular guys who often felt that they had lots of power because of a shield (or a star) and the power to walk around with a gun.

I've seen too much internal corruption and so I lost respect for the job... I don't "hate" anyone... but gt's thoughts do, at times, mimic my own.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2007, 01:00:24 AM »

No..not at all.I grew up with a very strict father. I have just been on the wrong end of a couple of small town cops " just doing their job". I was arrested for DUI twice when I was younger.That is the complete extent of my criminal involvment...nothing else.I haven't drank a drop in 7 years because of it.However,ever since then I have been treated like shit by ALMOST(not all) every cop I have delt with.I honest to GOD always "YES SIR" them and act as courteous as possible.That hasn't stopped them from handcuffing me and searching my vehicle 3 times for no apparent reason.Once I reached down to scratch my leg while one was behind me(no doubt he had ran my plate and knew my history) I was immediately pulled over.He said I appeared to be poking something under the seat..he then asked for permision to do a search.I said sure go ahead there isn't anything in here.(I knew he would anyway if I refused)He then felt the need to handcuff me while his partner had a gun out "for their safety"....this is very humiliating. After tearing everything out of my tuck and unpacking a duffle bag ..they uncuffed me and sent me on my way. ...Absolutely uncalled for. This was a case of a couple of bored cops with nothing to do at 5:30 am on a Sunday morning.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 01:03:08 AM »
That's not true... I dislike police because I used to be around them all of the time.

It's not about authority... It's about how I realized that they were just average regular guys who often felt that they had lots of power because of a shield (or a star) and the power to walk around with a gun.

I've seen too much internal corruption and so I lost respect for the job... I don't "hate" anyone... but gt's thoughts do, at times, mimic my own.

well we do have powers granted to us that a regular person doesnt. are some cops assholes -of course. the job wears you down too, dealing with the scum of the earth all day.. thank god i got off the streets

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »
well we do have powers granted to us that a regular person doesnt. are some cops assholes -of course. the job wears you down too, dealing with the scum of the earth all day.. thank god i got off the streets

Now, don't get it twisted, I appreciate when the Police "help" someone, but let's be honest, how often is that?

Cops usually show up "after the fact". That's just life... you often report on crime, and if lucky, can catch a perpetrator of crime, but you unfortunately, do not prevent a lot of it.

Now, of course you are granted power... power that for some reason is given for you not being anything "special". I'm not saying you're not a decent guy or anything.

I don't know you, but let's be honest... You're a human being... Human beings have flaws.

Some more than others, and when you have the ability to take away another humans civil liberties, especially in this country, you don't really get the option of fucking it up or making a mistake. Also,  if you abuse that power that you are given... Well, you're actually WORSE than the criminals you're saying you're out there protecting me from.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 01:10:00 AM »

No..not at all.I grew up with a very strict father. I have just been on the wrong end of a couple of small town cops " just doing their job". I was arrested for DUI twice when I was younger.That is the complete extent of my criminal involvment...nothing else.I haven't drank a drop in 7 years because of it.However,ever since then I have been treated like shit by ALMOST(not all) every cop I have delt with.I honest to GOD always "YES SIR" them and act as courteous as possible.That hasn't stopped them from handcuffing me and searching my vehicle 3 times for no apparent reason.Once I reached down to scratch my leg while one was behind me(no doubt he had ran my plate and knew my history) I was immediately pulled over.He said I appeared to be poking something under the seat..he then asked for permision to do a search.I said sure go ahead there isn't anything in here.(I knew he would anyway if I refused)He then felt the need to handcuff me while his partner had a gun out "for their safety"....this is very humiliating. After tearing everything out of my tuck and unpacking a duffle bag ..they uncuffed me and sent me on my way. ...Absolutely uncalled for. This was a case of a couple of bored cops with nothing to do at 5:30 am on a Sunday morning.

whats the big deal,, you got 2 dwi's wh ich is your fault. a cop then pulls you over and you are reaching down. when people do that they're using conceling something. when a cop pulls you over put your hands on the stering wheel. so because of this you hate cops? some jerk off small time cop gave you shit and now you hate all cops?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 01:12:28 AM »
lol... yea um... alrighty then ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 01:13:59 AM »
whats the big deal,, you got 2 dwi's wh ich is your fault. a cop then pulls you over and you are reaching down. when people do that they're using conceling something. when a cop pulls you over put your hands on the stering wheel. so because of this you hate cops? some jerk off small time cop gave you shit and now you hate all cops?

One bad apple spoils the bunch... It's understandable.

It's my understanding that if you have paid your debt to society, you've paid your debt to society... An officer of the law does not have the right to use past history to invoke a search of another person's vehicle.

I know you put your hands on the steering wheel, but guess what big guy... Average citizen's are NOT taught that... You know it BECAUSE you're a cop... your normal person on the street doesn't know that because they don't THINK like a cop.

If I were him, I'd probably hate cops too to be honest.

Oh, and for the record... I'd never let you search my car... I'd MAKE you get a warrant, or a dog, or whatever... I've got time, I can wait... and if you wanna wait around for the dogs or the warrant or whatever... enjoy... Oh, and the second they handcuffed you, you were under arrest... Many cases have been won under the premise that the second they take away your personal liberties you are under arrest, even without being told Miranda.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »
Now, don't get it twisted, I appreciate when the Police "help" someone, but let's be honest, how often is that?

Cops usually show up "after the fact". That's just life... you often report on crime, and if lucky, can catch a perpetrator of crime, but you unfortunately, do not prevent a lot of it.

Now, of course you are granted power... power that for some reason is given for you not being anything "special". I'm not saying you're not a decent guy or anything.

I don't know you, but let's be honest... You're a human being... Human beings have flaws.

Some more than others, and when you have the ability to take away another humans civil liberties, especially in this country, you don't really get the option of fucking it up or making a mistake. Also,  if you abuse that power that you are given... Well, you're actually WORSE than the criminals you're saying you're out there protecting me.

im not sure of the police force your hanging around,, but here in ny we got serious respect from the public. kids think were fucking action heros or something. people like seeing us around because they know were keeping them protected. you have all different kinds of cops. dont treat some highway patroll -heres a ticket because your not wearing your sealt belt fag- with a guy like me who works in narcotics and organized crime.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 01:16:59 AM »
im not sure of the police force your hanging around,, but here in ny we got serious respect from the public. kids think were fucking action heros or something. people like seeing us around because they know were keeping them protected. you have all different kinds of cops. dont treat some highway patroll -heres a ticket because your not wearing your sealt belt fag- with a guy like me who works in narcotics and organized crime.

You probably get less respect than you know, but because you've got the badge, who's gonna tell you?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 01:18:49 AM »

UMMM...NO...you misunderstood...I wasn't reaching down when he pulled me over. He was behind me driving normally(as was I ) and he pulled me over BECAUSE   I was reaching down. That is what he told me.There was no traffic violation. That was only 1 of 3 times I have been searched.None of which resulted in as much as a traffic ticket.Just Barney Fife being bored that's all.

Of course the two DUI were my fault. I know this. I am glad they arrested me for it..They no doubt saved someone's life.I am an alcoholic and that woke me up. I have been sober 7 years as of January 21, 2007.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
One bad apple spoils the bunch... It's understandable.

It's my understanding that if you have paid your debt to society, you've paid your debt to society... An officer of the law does not have the right to use past history to invoke a search of another person's vehicle.

I know you put your hands on the steering wheel, but guess what big guy... Average citizen's are NOT taught that... You know it BECAUSE you're a cop... your normal person on the street doesn't know that because they don't THINK like a cop.

If I were him, I'd probably hate cops too to be honest.

Oh, and for the record... I'd never let you search my car... I'd MAKE you get a warrant, or a dog, or whatever... I've got time, I can wait... and if you wanna wait around for the dogs or the warrant or whatever... enjoy... Oh, and the second they handcuffed you, you were under arrest... Many cases have been won under the premise that the second they take away your personal liberties you are under arrest, even without being told Miranda.

i see a movement to concell,, i dont need a warrent unless its your trunk... ive put hundreds of people in cuffs that i didnt arrest. when you search a car you cant have the guy just standing there so he can take off. you always plan for a worst case scenario..

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 01:23:01 AM »
You probably get less respect than you know, but because you've got the badge, who's gonna tell you?

hell no.. ask anyone from ny. this used to be a warzone.. its now one of the safest citys in the world because of our efforts and our presence. people give us credit for it. taxpayers had no problem whenever we ask for a raise -even though hillary fucked us over

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 01:23:48 AM »
i see a movement to concell,, i dont need a warrent unless its your trunk... ive put hundreds of people in cuffs that i didnt arrest. when you search a car you cant have the guy just standing there so he can take off. you always plan for a worst case scenario..

Actually, you need a warrant for things that are not in plain site... and If I say no... you're gonna get one to be safe, because you know full well that lawyers can definitely get through that in a Grand Jury.

Your movement to conceal has been beat plenty... and you can not deny that lots of people have sued and won over illegal arrests when they have been placed in cuffs. When you argue that your civil liberties have been removed which makes you under arrest, people have won that.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 01:25:17 AM »

UMMM...NO...you misunderstood...I wasn't reaching down when he pulled me over. He was behind me driving normally(as was I ) and he pulled me over BECAUSE   I was reaching down. That is what he told me.There was no traffic violation. That was only 1 of 3 times I have been searched.None of which resulted in as much as a traffic ticket.Just Barney Fife being bored that's all.

Of course the two DUI were my fault. I know this. I am glad they arrested me for it..They no doubt saved someone's life.I am an alcoholic and that woke me up. I have been sober 7 years as of January 21, 2007.

see,, and you probably thought that guy was an asshole at first.. turns out they helped you.. with the getting pulled over situation -you wernt doing anything wrong. so you got nothing to worry about.