Author Topic: Joint pain in the shoulders  (Read 2158 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Joint pain in the shoulders
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »
i just started working out again after a 2 year absence from training and i was going to do chest today. I set up the incline with for a warm up and i was planning on doing 15-20 good, quick reps but on rep 1 my shoulder was throbbing. I couldnt get any reps at all, i had to do back instead. Anyone ever experienced anything similar? Any recommendations for what i should do as i cant be arsed going to get it seen to by a doctor as i doubt he'll take me very seriously.
Scouser on Tour

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Joint pain in the shoulders
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 07:26:31 AM »
Just avoid working the area directly for 7-10 days, then see if you can do the exercises without pain but ensure thorough warmup, moderate reps and rests between sets that don't exceed a minute, to keep the area warm.

If that still doesn't work, take 7-10 days' break from weights.

If that still doesn't fix it, it's more serious see a doctor. Get more than one opinion if necessary.

CMBurns

• Getbig I
  • Excellent!!!
Re: Joint pain in the shoulders
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
watch out for osteolysis of the clavicle at the A-C joint (aka weightlifters shoulder).  usually happens on non dominant shoulder.  Pin point joint pain right at end of clavicle, an x-ray will show what looks like a rat bite to the bone.   treated via injection, rest and eventually arthroscopic sx. 

also may just be inflamation of rotator cuff or joint.

can usually be determined by which motions hurt,   any reputable orthopedic sx can diagnosis.

try resting, antiinflamatories 1-2 weeks