Author Topic: CROATCH`S Claim I'm 208 @6% bf at 5' 7 1/2" Natural.  (Read 23495 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: CROATCH`S Claim I'm 208 @6% bf at 5' 7 1/2" Natural.
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=6571233&dopt=Citation

1: Clin Sports Med. 1984 Jul;3(3):595-604. Links
Protein nutrition for the athlete.Dohm GL.
Endurance exercise results in a protein catabolic state characterized by decreased protein synthesis, increased amino acid oxidation, and increased conversion of amino acids to glucose. The adaptive response to performance of strength exercise, on the other hand, results in an anabolic state in hypertrophying muscles, and the accretion of protein is the result of increased protein synthesis. Because of changes in protein metabolism there is an increased dietary requirement for protein in both endurance and strength exercise. However, the normal dietary intake of protein is adequate for athletes as long as the energy intake is sufficient to maintain body weight. There is little scientific evidence that consumption of large protein supplements will have any beneficial effect on muscle hypertrophy, muscular strength, or physical performance.PMID: 6571233 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »
http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/64/1/187

Influence of protein intake and training status on nitrogen balance and lean body mass
M. A. Tarnopolsky, J. D. MacDougall and S. A. Atkinson
Department of Physical Education and Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

The present study examined the effects of training status (endurance exercise or body building) on nitrogen balance, body composition, and urea excretion during periods of habitual and altered protein intakes. Experiments were performed on six elite bodybuilders, six elite endurance athletes, and six sedentary controls during a 10-day period of normal protein intake followed by a 10-day period of altered protein intake. The nitrogen balance data revealed that bodybuilders required 1.12 times and endurance athletes required 1.67 times more daily protein than sedentary controls. Lean body mass (density) was maintained in bodybuilders consuming 1.05 g protein.kg-1.day-1. Endurance athletes excreted more total daily urea than either bodybuilders or controls. We conclude that bodybuilders during habitual training require a daily protein intake only slightly greater than that for sedentary individuals in the maintenance of lean body mass and that endurance athletes require daily protein intakes greater than either bodybuilders or sedentary individuals to meet the needs of protein catabolism during exercise.

Have you read that article, The True Adonis? And I do not mean just the abstract...I'm not "dissing" you I'm just trying to be critique the article...

1) Were the the 3 groups randomized? What was the selection criteria for an "elite BB," an "elite endurance athlete," or a "sedentary control"?
2) Do groupings of 6,6,6 meet the criteria of being statistically significant?
3) What factors in this study do you think make this not generalizable to an "elite bodybuilder" or other categories
4) Do you know what method they used to measure "nitrogen balance"...what I am getting at here is did they use the 10% fecal excretion method? or did they actually measure it?

and Croatch...great improvements since the "egghead" pic

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »
Watch his video he made about his transformation, Croatch can you repost it up?

Yeah, I'd like to see that. Every time I see the pic I realize that was an amazing transformation. He looked worse than Adonis on a coke bender at a gay bar in Vegas.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/cabi/pns/1999/00000058/00000002/art00027

Optimal intakes of protein in the human diet
Author: Millward D.J.*

Source: Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Volume 58, Number 2, 1999, pp. 403-413(11)

Publisher: CABI Publishing

< previous article | next article > | View Table of Contents 

Key:  - Free content  - New Content  - Subscribed Content  - Free Trial Content

Abstract:

For protein, progress is slow in defining quantifiable indicators of adequacy other than balance and growth. As far as current requirements are concerned, only in the case of infants and children is there any case for revision, and this change is to lower values. Such intakes would appear to be safe when consumed as milk formula. In pregnancy, notwithstanding the concern that deficiency may influence programming of disease in later life, there is little evidence of any increased need, and some evidence that increased intakes would pose a risk. For the elderly there is no evidence of an increased requirement or of benefit from increased intakes, except possibly for bone health. For adults, while we now know much more about metabolic adaptation to varying intakes, there would appear to be no case for a change in current recommendations. As far as risks and benefits of high intakes are concerned, there is now only a weak case for risk for renal function. For bone health the established views of risk of high protein intakes are not supported by newly emerging data, with benefit indicated in the elderly. There is also circumstantial evidence for benefit on blood pressure and stroke mortality. With athletes there is little evidence of benefit of increased intakes in terms of performance, with older literature suggesting an adverse influence. Thus, given that a safe upper limit is currently defined as twice the reference nutrient intake, and that for individuals with high energy requirements this value (1·5 g/kg per d) is easily exceeded, there is a case for revising the definition of a safe upper limit.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2007, 08:10:33 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to see that. Every time I see the pic I realize that was an amazing transformation. He looked worse than Adonis on a coke bender at a gay bar in Vegas.

here you go, Inspiring Video

http://media.putfile.com/D5-720

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xds5UTRzYXc
That link works better.

Try this one after.  Much more entertaining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3tcHOZqQ6g
N

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
I`d be jealous of this guy way before Roach. A REAL Lifetime Natural Pro.

But I am not of either.

That guy has amazing detail...And his conditioning is the best i've seen from a natural..Some of these details get lost when one starts juicing

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2007, 08:47:44 PM »
That link works better.

Great videos. I'm impressed, Croatch.

You're still a whiny c|_|nt, though.  ;D

flex933

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2007, 10:10:34 PM »
what about skip isnt he like 200 pounds and like 5ft 8

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2007, 11:32:48 PM »
Bodybuilders do not need special diets at all.

Bodybuilders DO, you DON'T.  See you are not a BB or athlete or really anything.  You are a boy who has no money to buy food so you starved and lost weight and now look like a concentration camp prisoner.  Hope this helps

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2007, 12:17:37 AM »
im glad you cited some references for once adonis

dumbarse

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2007, 12:34:29 AM »
i fucking hate you, Adam.

Please die today.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »
Bodybuilders DO, you DON'T.  See you are not a BB or athlete or really anything.  You are a boy who has no money to buy food so you starved and lost weight and now look like a concentration camp prisoner.  Hope this helps
;D ;D ;D
man...
 ;D ;D
choice is an illusion

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »
public service announcement:

1. adonis lives at home with mommy because he is unable to function in the real world

2. adonis has an imaginary girlfriend and claims to be a wine expert

3. adonis claims to be a student working on multiple degrees, but cannot say what school or degrees

4. adonis claims to have great knowledge of training, kinesiology, and nutrition, but has no degrees in any discipline

5. adonis was the wierd kid who wore a fedora and an overcoat in high school

6. adonis was not able to win an online BB contest against other amateurs despite his claims of superiority

That is all
Put it on the Underhills

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2007, 03:46:49 AM »
Have you read that article, The True Adonis? And I do not mean just the abstract...I'm not "dissing" you I'm just trying to be critique the article...

1) Were the the 3 groups randomized? What was the selection criteria for an "elite BB," an "elite endurance athlete," or a "sedentary control"?
2) Do groupings of 6,6,6 meet the criteria of being statistically significant?
3) What factors in this study do you think make this not generalizable to an "elite bodybuilder" or other categories
4) Do you know what method they used to measure "nitrogen balance"...what I am getting at here is did they use the 10% fecal excretion method? or did they actually measure it?

and Croatch...great improvements since the "egghead" pic

6 per group is significance down the drain, 15 is the minimum...

People should realise that showing a study generally means zilch, half of the studies do not meet the requirements for proper scientific methodology. Lots of studies aren't sponsored by an independent institute. Even when a study has been properly conducted, it needs to be repeatable AND repeated. Simply on the basis of statistics 5% of good research will yield the wrong conclusion.

Remember: science is NOT proof! when time after time a hypothesis stands firm there might be a good chance it's very near the truth.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2007, 04:02:14 AM »
I think he is full of shit if he thinks he is 6 percent bodyfat.

Epic projection of TA's on Body Image issues onto the whole getbig board.  TA may as well give it up, he's tried being gig, that didnt work out for him, so now he's a calorie countig weight watcher who claims to be under 4% BF. 

Oh yeah, I forgot he's got land all over "The Eagles Nest" drives a Lotus, and has Plans for an Anti Gravity suit.   Oh yeah he likes expensive wine.....you know the good stuff the $5.00 a box stuff. 

Gayer than being TA alone on a friday night with Posting on Getbig with a box of wine.
\

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2007, 06:01:05 AM »
Croatch post some more of those vids of the mostermaker and you playing drums they are funny as hell.
X

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2007, 06:17:12 AM »
Very good physique Croach!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2007, 07:24:22 AM »
Here is what I ate on 3/10/07

1.:Stuffed Eggplant with Wine Sauce
2. Fried Fish and Macaroni and Cheese
3. Burger King Whopper
4. 3 Glasses of Wine
5. 2 Large Pieces of Handmade Pizza with Truffle Oil, Mushrooms and Crab Meat
6. Doughnut
damn that sounds good.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2007, 07:27:57 AM »
damn that sounds good.

dude must be selling on the side to afford truffle oil..for those of us that cook. That shit ain't cheap!

Adam you using imitation crab or lump meat?! That sounds pretty tasty!

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2007, 07:52:51 AM »
That link works better.

Nice work, I hadn't seen that before. Just goes to show you what a little consistency and hard work and do for ya.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2007, 10:12:57 AM »
Just a couple of questions for Croatch:-

1. You said you're clean, so I take it you've used in the past?

2. How long have you been clean, and did you lose much when you came off?

3. In that vid, you gained 54lbs in one year!!!  That's pretty damn impressive, but if the answer to Q1 is 'yes', what kind of cycle were you on during that period?

Anyway, the vid was amazing, brilliant transformation.  Puts a lot of people on these boards to shame  ;)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »
What's funny is that he (Croatch) never even had his bf tested, yet makes a claim as if it were a fact.

That's like saying I can win the Mr. Olympia tomorrow if I step onstage, but I'm not going to compete, so Jay can have it in my absense. Ridiculous...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »
dude must be selling on the side to afford truffle oil..for those of us that cook. That shit ain't cheap!

Adam you using imitation crab or lump meat?! That sounds pretty tasty!
Lump Crab Meat

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »
Just a couple of questions for Croatch:-

1. You said you're clean, so I take it you've used in the past?

2. How long have you been clean, and did you lose much when you came off?

3. In that vid, you gained 54lbs in one year!!!  That's pretty damn impressive, but if the answer to Q1 is 'yes', what kind of cycle were you on during that period?
Yeah, one 2 month cycle in 1994.  I lost around 70% of the gains, then dropped the rest after I stopped lifting.
I wasn't on anything to gain the 50+ in one year, which was 2002.
What's funny is that he (Croatch) never even had his bf tested, yet makes a claim as if it were a fact.

That's like saying I can win the Mr. Olympia tomorrow if I step onstage, but I'm not going to compete, so Jay can have it in my absense. Ridiculous...
Agreed.  I never had it tested really.  Judging from some video and pictures, I'd say @8%.  Relatively lean.  It doesn't really matter to me what percent I was, it's the appearance I was going for when I cut up.  If I had to guess, I'm probably @8% now or even 7%.  If I were 9%, I couldn't careless.  Over 10% maybe, hahah.
Poor analogy though using the Olympia as a benchmark.  At most, the percentage was probably 2 points + or -.  Claiming to beat Mr. O when you take no gear and have never done any kind of show, is delusional.  Work on your analogies for any other "outrageous" claims I make in the future.
Croatch post some more of those vids of the mostermaker and you playing drums they are funny as hell.
Here's a link to my page of videos.  You'll find the Moaster video, amongst other completely meaningless and unprofitable videos.
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Croatch
N