Author Topic: Military not as dumb as Dems claim?  (Read 10068 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Military not as dumb as Dems claim?
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »
The actual quotes are from FBI, CIA and US and British intelligence officials, some of whom are anonymous.   

How is it you're able to divine their political leanings?

Is it not common knowledge by now?  Some 80% of the columnists are known liberals as well as the editors.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2007, 07:32:23 PM »
Is it not common knowledge by now?  Some 80% of the columnists are known liberals as well as the editors.

No but it is a popular myth.

You're missing the point - the quotes which are addressing the feasibilty, operation capacity, etc.. of the so called plots are from FBI, CIA and US and British intelligence.

If the same quotes were found on the Huffington Post or in the Weekly Standard it wouldn't change the fact that the are quotes from FBI, CIA etc.....

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »
No but it is a popular myth.

You're missing the point - the quotes which are addressing the feasibilty, operation capacity, etc.. of the so called plots are from FBI, CIA and US and British intelligence.

If the same quotes were found on the Huffington Post or in the Weekly Standard it wouldn't change the fact that the are quotes from FBI, CIA etc.....

Myth my ass..  and read through what #2 and #4 have to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_bias#Claims_that_media_in_the_United_States_show_liberal_bias

http://newsbusters.org/

http://www.aim.org/aim_report/4997_0_4_0_C/

http://www.fairpress.org/identify.htm

And that's fine if the plots didn't make it very far.  (That is the idea, right?)  You should at least appreciate that these people were able to murder 3000 americans and are consistently trying to do it again.  Bush is doing everything within his power to find and destroy these people and you'd be fooling yourself to think that Clinton, Gore, Kerry, or any viable candidate from the left would have done anywhere near the amount of work to stop them. 

But since you hate bush so much I'm sure none of that would matter to you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2007, 08:11:20 PM »
Myth my ass..  and read through what #2 and #4 have to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_bias#Claims_that_media_in_the_United_States_show_liberal_bias

http://newsbusters.org/

http://www.aim.org/aim_report/4997_0_4_0_C/

http://www.fairpress.org/identify.htm

And that's fine if the plots didn't make it very far.  (That is the idea, right?)  You should at least appreciate that these people were able to murder 3000 americans and are consistently trying to do it again.  Bush is doing everything within his power to find and destroy these people and you'd be fooling yourself to think that Clinton, Gore, Kerry, or any viable candidate from the left would have done anywhere near the amount of work to stop them. 

But since you hate bush so much I'm sure none of that would matter to you.

Again - you're missing the point - the quotes are not the liberal media they are from FBI, CIA, etc.. and they cast serious doubt that these plots were anything more than wishful thinking.  The reason that Bush trot's them out is to keep people scared and submissive.   If that works for you then so be it.

During Bush's presidency this country suffered 5 terrorist attacks on our soil.  More than any other president.  FACT

He had plenty warnings and did nothing to stop it

If you're OK with that then there's nothing more I can say

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
Again - you're missing the point - the quotes are not the liberal media they are from FBI, CIA, etc.. and they cast serious doubt that these plots were anything more than wishful thinking.  The reason that Bush trot's them out is to keep people scared and submissive.   If that works for you then so be it.

During Bush's presidency this country suffered 5 terrorist attacks on our soil.  More than any other president.  FACT

He had plenty warnings and did nothing to stop it

If you're OK with that then there's nothing more I can say

And who decided to include those quotes as opposed to other members of the intel community who have a different and supportive view of what the prez has done to thwart terror?  THE JOURNALISTS!!!!  Are you dense?

And, oh yeah, Bush "trots them out to keep people scared and submissive."  You've got to be fucking kidding me.  You Bush haters all say the same load of horse shit...

... Bush is a war monger, a tyrant, a terrorist himself, EEEVVVIIILLLL!!!!! ah ahahahahah.... jesus christ you guys are so lame.

And so every BAD thing that happens during a presidency is the presidents fault...wow.  It's that kind of zero logic thinking that's not getting anything good coming out of the liberal shit heads in congress.  While we're at it let's blame Clinton for blowing up the OK City Fed building.  GREAT IDEA!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »
brixton's awakening - when he comes home from iraq and learns the truth - is gonna be awesome.

seriously, he's angry enough that he might just dig into the info to get the facts to prove us wrong.  Wait til he tries proving the official 911 story or the oil imperialism.  Dude is gonna feel like a horse's ass.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
brixton's awakening - when he comes home from iraq and learns the truth - is gonna be awesome.

seriously, he's angry enough that he might just dig into the info to get the facts to prove us wrong.  Wait til he tries proving the official 911 story or the oil imperialism.  Dude is gonna feel like a horse's ass.

Hey dumbass.... in in VA and have been for months.

The only horses ass is the guy who gets his news from Alex Jones.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »
And who decided to include those quotes as opposed to other members of the intel community who have a different and supportive view of what the prez has done to thwart terror?  THE JOURNALISTS!!!!  Are you dense?

And, oh yeah, Bush "trots them out to keep people scared and submissive."  You've got to be fucking kidding me.  You Bush haters all say the same load of horse shit...

... Bush is a war monger, a tyrant, a terrorist himself, EEEVVVIIILLLL!!!!! ah ahahahahah.... jesus christ you guys are so lame.

And so every BAD thing that happens during a presidency is the presidents fault...wow.  It's that kind of zero logic thinking that's not getting anything good coming out of the liberal shit heads in congress.  While we're at it let's blame Clinton for blowing up the OK City Fed building.  GREAT IDEA!!

Jeez dude - you should really try to relax. Any chance you're a binge drinker?  

If you want to live your life being scared and gullible be my guest.

Believe whatever you want.

One day you might wake up and realize you've been getting fucked every day of your life and you'll have the Bush's of the world and your own credulity to thank for it

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 08:54:09 PM »
Jeez dude - you should really try to relax. Any chance you're a binge drinker? 

If you want to live your life being scared and gullible be my guest.

Believe whatever you want.

One day you might wake up and realize you've been getting fucked every day of your life and you'll have the Bush's of the world and your own credulity to thank for it

Epic inability to argue... monster bitterness towards a conservative president.

I don't know... I've been pretty comfortable with myself since he's been in office.  I actually think we have a chance to solve some "problems" with someone like him up there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 09:04:49 PM »

Hey dumbass.... in in VA and have been for months.

The only horses ass is the guy who gets his news from Alex Jones.

On July 25, 2001, Alex Jones went on his cable show and begged the white house to STOP the upcoming terror attacks in NYC.

On Aug 6, 2001, the german ambassador warned Bush about the 9/11 attacks to the date, and gave him the targets, plane, and 5 of the hijackers. 

Now, you might not like Alex Jones, but he did try to save 3000 lives.  Bush didn't even have his men check to see if those 5 named hijackers *happened* to have plane tickets for the exact date the Ger amabassador warned.

Nevermind.  You keep believing Alex is bad and Bush is good.  But you know that Jones tried to stop 911 and Bush didn't. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2007, 09:08:07 PM »
Epic inability to argue... monster bitterness towards a conservative president.

I don't know... I've been pretty comfortable with myself since he's been in office.  I actually think we have a chance to solve some "problems" with someone like him up there.

flying into a rage, spinning off on tangents, putting words in other peoples mouth, and flogging the same specious arguments is not exactly debating but I guess it is arguing (your term).  I've found it usually pointless to argue with idiots.  

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2007, 09:08:27 PM »
On July 25, 2001, Alex Jones went on his cable show and begged the white house to STOP the upcoming terror attacks in NYC.

On Aug 6, 2001, the german ambassador warned Bush about the 9/11 attacks to the date, and gave him the targets, plane, and 5 of the hijackers. 

Now, you might not like Alex Jones, but he did try to save 3000 lives.  Bush didn't even have his men check to see if those 5 named hijackers *happened* to have plane tickets for the exact date the Ger amabassador warned.

Nevermind.  You keep believing Alex is bad and Bush is good.  But you know that Jones tried to stop 911 and Bush didn't. 

Evidence?

Still sounds like horse shit.. please elaborate.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »
I've found it usually pointless to argue with idiots. 

Seeing that you are one I can understand your frustration.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2007, 09:11:23 PM »
Evidence?

Still sounds like horse shit.. please elaborate.

Alex Jones Predicts 9/11-type attack on July 25, 2001

Enjoy.  The man predicted 9/11.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »
Seeing that you are one I can understand your frustration.

Uh right

I'm not arguing with myself here Einstein.  I can't believe I've wasted an hour of my life arguing with you.

There's a term in economics called opportunity cost which is defined as the cost of the forgone alternative.

I just realized that I could have spent the last hour picking the lint out from under my toenails and it would have been a better use of my time than trying to have a dialogue with a someone like you

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2007, 09:25:18 PM »

4 million dead, martial law, "drills"... none of this predicted 9/11... it was all a broad generalization and obviously 99% of this guys predictions haven't ever happened.

Basically he said the gov't is evil and IF any terrorism happens it's the gov't doing it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2007, 09:28:02 PM »
It doesn't.  Just supports his contention that some Dems believe our service members are dumb (assuming that was his point).   
I think the title reads, "Military not as dumb as Dems claim? "  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2007, 01:23:58 AM »
were you not once in the army?

Navy, but yeah, same difference.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »
Bush was alerted on August 5, 2001, that a terrorist attack using planes would take place on either sept 10 or 11 of that year.  He was told NY and possibly DC would be hit.  He was given 5 of the hijackers' names.

Do you think Bush might hold a *little* responsibility?

As much as I hate Bush, I can't lay the blame at his feet for this one.  Even if we say that he 'should've known' after the first hit, I still don't know that there would've been time for him to consider all the factors necessary in deciding to shoot down that second plane. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2007, 01:30:13 AM »
I guess I'm still not seeing it.

Bush was in office for 260 days.  He had his own people in every agency.  He was able to view every piece of confidential intelligance.  He was confortable enough to take a 6-week vacation in July/August.

I could see blaming Clinton for it, if it happened in jan of 2001.  But it was 9 months.  Hell, Reagan and Bush I were the ones who trained Bin laden to fight Russia in the 80s/90s.   What % of responsibility do Reagan/Bush I hold?

ALSO - we're not talking about nabbing Osama - Bush could have bombed him on Day 1 of the presidency, and 9/11 still would have happened.  KSM and Atta did 9/11.  osama was just the poster child.  The CIA and White House agree it was kalid sheikh mohammed, NOT Osama, who planned it. 

So who do we blame here?

Wellllll...

The liberals are the ones who generally argue that 'Arab-looking' individuals should not be profiled. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2007, 01:33:46 AM »
but there HAS been terrorism and a constant threat from them for a long time.  Bush has utterly ruined thier attempts in this country

No sir.

The reason there have been no further attacks here is that the terrorists have not yet chosen to do anything since then. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2007, 01:41:34 AM »
I think the title reads, "Military not as dumb as Dems claim? "  ::)

Thanks for clearing that up.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2007, 01:44:24 AM »

Good Lord.  So I watched this clip.  My first time ever seeing/hearing this guy.  He is an absolute nut.  He didn't predict squat.  What a kook.  If this is the guy you are getting your information from, then I completely understand why you believe in all of this conspiracy crap.

"What a maroon."  B. Bunny. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007, 04:22:28 AM »
As much as I hate Bush, I can't lay the blame at his feet for this one.  Even if we say that he 'should've known' after the first hit, I still don't know that there would've been time for him to consider all the factors necessary in deciding to shoot down that second plane. 

Tre,

The FAA records show that when Bush walked into that classroom, he ALREADY KNEW that 3 of the planes had been hijacked.  His secret service detail was alerted at 8:21 that an American passenger jet had been hijacked.  HE also admits he had "seen" the first one hit before leaving his limo.

Think about that.  "I thought, that must be one bad pilot!" was his comment.  Yet FAA told the 911 commission that they told his sec. srvc. detail. 

Do you see why people think Bush knew?  When he exited his limo at 9 o clock, he KNEW, undeniably, that 3 planes were hijacked and one had already drilled a tower.  No leader in the world would play "read-along" for 30 minutes after that.  But Bush did.  This isn't incompetence.  This is something worse.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »