Author Topic: going from small time pt studio to bigtime gym  (Read 2154 times)

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
going from small time pt studio to bigtime gym
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »
Well I am a sports trainer who has a modest little training space (1200sqft of useable space) and am now going to make the jump after doubling in size every month since opening in January (we are bursting at the seams). I am going to go big time or die trying. 10,000sq ft. facility, aturf section a sand pit for plyos, big tires to flip, 40 metre sprint track and a lifting section with rel machines and real lifting platforms, racks etc. Some of the questions I have are:
1. Where do I get software?
2. Where can I get those key tag things made?
3. How do I get the backing to do this other than just a straight bank business loan?
I am in the middle of california and pretty much for anyone who could answer a few of my questions I will drive to you and would buy you dinner or lunch at least if you want and if you know your stuff and want I will pay you for your time.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: going from small time pt studio to bigtime gym
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »
Well I am a sports trainer who has a modest little training space (1200sqft of useable space) and am now going to make the jump after doubling in size every month since opening in January (we are bursting at the seams). I am going to go big time or die trying. 10,000sq ft. facility, aturf section a sand pit for plyos, big tires to flip, 40 metre sprint track and a lifting section with rel machines and real lifting platforms, racks etc. Some of the questions I have are:
3. How do I get the backing to do this other than just a straight bank business loan?
I am in the middle of california and pretty much for anyone who could answer a few of my questions I will drive to you and would buy you dinner or lunch at least if you want and if you know your stuff and want I will pay you for your time.

Click here for my business services.  Along with running an online nutritional shop, I am a small business consultant.  If you want one of my information package, hit me back with a mailing address and you'll get some free advertising from Gosmallbiz.com

http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/Multisite/Multisite?site=biz&assoc=caliberenterprises
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:21:17 PM »
get a website!

aside from that, your local college should have a small business development center that can help tremendously with the loans.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »

You guys are shameless.

ATOMIC, I have the exact same thing, a 10K functional training gym that specializes in athletes and fighters.  PM me for more info but I'll give you/everyone some basics now.

1) www.abcfinancial.com for POS software and membership accounting.  Great company.  You can also try ASF.
2) ABC will do it for you
3) This is where it gets tricky.  We were mostly privately funded (your current client base can be a great source of loan money) but we also had an SBA loan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:46:33 PM »
Mike, good input