Author Topic: What has been accomplished in 4 years?  (Read 15907 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
What has been accomplished in 4 years?
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: What has been accomplished in 4 years?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:38 AM »
Trillions of dollars made, hundreds of thousands men, women, children killed, Iraq more messed up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:18:29 PM »
we own iraqi oil now.   

every one of you (myself included) who bought into 'saddam was bad' and 'WMD' were owned.

it was all about stealing their oil, which we now manage exclusively, buying at prices we choose.  (this is how you steal)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 04:24:25 PM »
we have better Humvees?   ::)

tons of urban warfare combat experience?

$3 a gallon for gas?

more terrorists?

uncovered the incompetence of the Army at walter reed?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »
we have better Humvees?   ::)

tons of urban warfare combat experience?

$3 a gallon for gas?

more terrorists?

uncovered the incompetence of the Army at walter reed?

It doesn't have to cost that much for gasoline.

You can save 7 - 14% or more off your fuel costs, and reduce your emissions by 75% or more.

With FFi MPG caps <--click me, you can:
  • travel further on the same tank of gas,
  • save money on your fuel costs,
  • reduce smog causing emissions
  • get better performance from your vehicle
  • possibly make $$$ as well  :)

You might as well use FFi MPG caps, <--click me...cause you're already paying for them without getting the benefit. You might as well throw a $1 or $2 out the window every couple miles, cause that's exactly what you're doing if you're not using the MPG caps.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:06:52 PM »
It doesn't have to cost that much for gasoline.

You can save 7 - 14% or more off your fuel costs, and reduce your emissions by 75% or more.

With FFi MPG caps <--click me, you can:
  • travel further on the same tank of gas,
  • save money on your fuel costs,
  • reduce smog causing emissions
  • get better performance from your vehicle
  • possibly make $$$ as well  :)

You might as well use FFi MPG caps, <--click me...cause you're already paying for them without getting the benefit. You might as well throw a $1 or $2 out the window every couple miles, cause that's exactly what you're doing if you're not using the MPG caps.

Ok Ok.. I know I know... but do you have to post a link everytime someone mentions gas prices?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 11:09:44 PM »
Ok Ok.. I know I know... but do you have to post a link everytime someone mentions gas prices?

I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.  :D
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 11:10:57 PM »
I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.  :D

That is an impossibility.

;)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 07:49:09 AM »
If we own iraqi oil why are we paying 2.75 a gallon!?!? :o
footloose and fancy free

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 07:50:14 AM »

The Iraqi people have gotten the chance to participate in free and fair elections. They now have a free press, and no longer live in fear of their government. Saddam Hussein and his murderous sons, Uday and Qusay, are dead; likewise Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the former leader of al Qaeda in Iraq. Water and power services have been progressively restored and expanded, medical care has been greatly improved, and convenient technological advances, such as the internet and cell phones, have been made more available to the general public
gotta love life

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:58:50 AM »
And learning the best ways to bilk the US government!

More than three years and $15 billion into the U.S. effort to rebuild Iraqi forces, "ghost soldiers" still help to fill Iraq's army ranks, and no one knows how many trained police officers remain on the job, the Pentagon and U.S. government investigators report.

The Government Accountability Office says the most serious problems lie in the logistics - supplies, maintenance, transport - of Iraqi security forces. One example: The police have more than 1,000 U.S.-made trucks whose computerized systems are beyond the skills of the Iraqi mechanics who repair them.

Since soon after the 2003 U.S. invasion, the training of new military and police forces has been presented as vital to the U.S. military's handing over the counterinsurgency fight to the Iraqis.

In the current deployment of thousands of extra U.S. troops into Baghdad, the Americans are teaming up with Iraqi army units to try to control the Sunni Muslim insurgency and Sunni-Shiite sectarian violence.

Attacks have subsided somewhat in the operation's first weeks, but journalists embedded with U.S. troops report distrust and a mismatch in capabilities between the Americans and Iraqis. The true test would come if the U.S. Army pulled back and such operations were left to the Iraqi army and police alone.

A GAO assessment of the record so far is not encouraging.

"Even though the number of Iraqi forces has grown and more have taken the lead for security operations, violence in Iraq increased significantly through the end of 2006," Joseph A. Christoff, international-affairs chief for that congressional auditing office, testified last week to a U.S. House subcommittee.

In its latest quarterly Iraq report, the Pentagon said 328,700 Iraqis had been trained for the security forces, including 136,400 soldiers - more than double the numbers of two years ago. But, it added, the "actual number of present-for-duty soldiers is about one-half to two-thirds of the total due to scheduled leave, absence without leave, and attrition."

Many Iraqis go on authorized leaves for days to deliver their cash pay to their families. The Pentagon said Iraq's defense and interior ministers also were aware of "ghost" soldiers and policemen who existed only on paper - a fraudulent device by which units can receive additional per-capita resources, and corrupt officials can collect the pay of nonexistent recruits.

American commanders in the field attest to the impact of deserters, nonexistent soldiers, and other attrition on the strength of Iraqi army battalions.

"The battalions out here are about 50 percent," Col. William B. Crowe, a U.S. regimental commander in the embattled western province of Anbar, said in January.

On the police side, under the Interior Ministry, the Americans do not know "what percentage of the 180,000 police thought to be on the payroll are coalition-trained and -equipped," Christoff testified.

Police ranks have lost many trained men - killed, wounded, or simply departed out of fear for their lives or families - and local authorities have replaced them with men who have not gone through U.S.-overseen training. Even then, the U.S. Baghdad command estimates that less than 70 percent of Interior Ministry personnel are present for duty on an average day, according to the March 14 Pentagon report.

In addition, Shiite militiamen have taken root within the Iraqi police. "Sectarian and militia influences have divided the loyalties of Iraqi security forces," Christoff testified, citing U.S. intelligence.

Polish Maj. Gen. Pawel Lamla, a multinational-forces commander in southeastern Iraq, said in an interview Monday that police were failing to take action against local gunmen "because some of their [police] elements have connections with the militias."

The GAO agreed with the Pentagon assessment that logistics represented "the most significant shortcoming." Among other problems, it cited illiteracy among troops to be trained in supply, maintenance and related work; a lack of skilled trainers; and a shortage of spare parts for the army's motley motor pool - 21 types of utility vehicles, for example, from Chevrolets and Nissans to Czech Honkers.

The police were supplied with 1,179 American trucks they could not maintain "because its personnel were unable to work with the vehicles' computerized systems," GAO expert William M. Solis told a House subcommittee March 9.

Solis predicted that Iraqi reliance on U.S. logistics would extend into 2008.

footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 08:18:04 AM »

We don't own Iraqi oil.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 08:19:43 AM »
We don't own Iraqi oil.

GASP!!! You mean the oil revenue sharing deal that the iraqis are close to finalizing that would share revenues equally among the three is real? It will actually give them ownership of thier oil???? No way
gotta love life

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »
good..give us some cheap gas for cripes sake..
footloose and fancy free

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 11:16:26 AM »
good..give us some cheap gas for cripes sake..

That won't happen because they have us by the balls...lol. If Katrina hadn't have happened, gas would still be under $2. Once they jacked prices over $3, then they know that anything under that will look good.
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »

'cause that's what the market will bear, ...but wait, ...it's gonna get better ...NOT!
They'll keep cranking it up a notch, ...then bring it down a bit, but not to where it was before.
They'll have you to the point that when gas drops back to $3.50 /gallon, you'll be thankful for the "cheap gas"
w

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »
we own iraqi oil now.   

every one of you (myself included) who bought into 'saddam was bad' and 'WMD' were owned.

it was all about stealing their oil, which we now manage exclusively, buying at prices we choose.  (this is how you steal)

OIC.....prices reflect that at the pump.  ::)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 03:12:48 PM »
The Iraqi people have gotten the chance to participate in free and fair elections. They now have a free press, and no longer live in fear of their government. Saddam Hussein and his murderous sons, Uday and Qusay, are dead; likewise Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the former leader of al Qaeda in Iraq. Water and power services have been progressively restored and expanded, medical care has been greatly improved, and convenient technological advances, such as the internet and cell phones, have been made more available to the general public

Hey Mr. Koolaid.............your delusional.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 03:31:57 PM »

Hey Mr. Koolaid.............your delusional.

lol, sure dude
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »
lol, sure dude

Great comeback.........jackass .

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 03:38:50 PM »
Great comeback.........jackass .
I really hope you aren't in the military...you seem a tad wacko. Hopefully your enlistment is almost up
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
I really hope you aren't in the military...you seem a tad wacko. Hopefully your enlistment is almost up

Actually, I'm a highly intelligent physician who LIVED ON THE FRONT LINES.

Even though your an azzhole......I would have helped you also.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

Actually, I'm a highly intelligent physician who LIVED ON THE FRONT LINES.

Even though your an azzhole......I would have helped you also.

it is really nice to see some military intelligence on the board :)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »

yep yep

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »

Yeah, Enigma's MM69's opposite counterpart!

We won't get the glazed over version complete with an insult at the end.