Author Topic: Georgetown wins over UNC 96 to 84..overtime  (Read 4361 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Georgetown wins over UNC 96 to 84..overtime
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 07:38:17 AM »
Isn't VCU off of 81?

I thought VCU was also in Richmond. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 09:45:44 AM »
ACC basketball fans deal with things differently than other people who 'claim' to be fans of their teams. 

The real problem in the ACC right now is the infiltrators from the Big East.

Even though I historically 'hate' teams like Georgetown and Syracuse, ACC people have always respected Big East basketball.  This dates back to the early days of your made-for-TV conference. 

The thugs from the Big East should never have been allowed in.  The ACC made a huge mistake when it tried to become a football conference and we're going to be paying for that for decades to come.  Mark these words.

No need to take a shot at me. I never claimed to be a Hoyas fan. I'm all about the Terps, who laid an egg against Butler. But it's nice to see the Hoya program rebound so strongly in recent years. I also can't stand North Carolina or Duke. The Terps enjoyed beating the piss out of them all season so they both can suck a dick.

Also, why are players from the Big East thugs? I don't see your point. The NCAA is all about making money, period. And the schools who elected to move to a different conference did so by their own choice in the matter. Know why? Money.

Don't be pissed because the Tar Heels choked. You guys won a national title two years ago and far exceeded anyone's expectations that year. Time for a new regime. The ACC might be the best conference in the country but not according to the current brackets.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
No need to take a shot at me. I never claimed to be a Hoyas fan. I'm all about the Terps, who laid an egg against Butler.

No no - it wasn't personal against you, man.  It's a symptom of having lived in southern California for so long - the 'sports fans' here suck, at best.

I'm a Maryland alum. :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Also, why are players from the Big East thugs? I don't see your point. The NCAA is all about making money, period. And the schools who elected to move to a different conference did so by their own choice in the matter. Know why? Money.

I have nothing against Boston College or Virginia Tech - both are fine institutions, but neither belong in the ACC. 

My real beef is with Miami and although the presidents who supported the move will never admit it, they rue the day that they decided to bring in Miami. 

The problem with college sports is definitely the NCAA and the bigger problem nationwide is that so few people realize that.  The NCAA needs to be exposed for what it really is - a plantation master. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 12:36:30 PM »
Very well put.

It's all about the benjamins!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »
OH wait... Mason last year... They had a GREAT year last year... my bad.

Not as big as what they did last year... no way, no how.

However, as a VCU alum, I'm gonna be a bit biased to their greatness.

:D

Tu, the reason why I asked is that I think I  pass VCU on 81 or 220 when going to visit family.

I also think that letting other teams in the ACC, has both diluted the talent, and improved the breed. Now, you have more than just Maryland, Duke, UNC, Wake, NC State, Clemson, Va, Florida State, beating up on one another, but you have other teams coming in and improving their game because they have to match the gold standard (UNC, DUKE). Now, MD is not looked on as a underdog, like they used to be back as late as 2001.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 06:33:35 PM »

But giving up the home-and-home games each season is what has ruined the conference.  That's what always made every season so special - the chance to avenge a big road loss at home or vice-versa.