Author Topic: We should believe everything the govt tells us: YES or NO?  (Read 5714 times)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
Re: We should believe everything the govt tells us: YES or NO?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »
Intelligent americans "know" the government wouldn't "let innocent people die" for oil....

I don't believe everything gov or media say.

And innocent people are dying everyday for oil.
That is why we are in Iraq.

I don't know whether some military personnel are innocent and just doing their jobs.
Maybe some believe it is about....what is the concept these days?  Still Iraqi freedom?

Anyway innocents people of all nations of the coalition are dying daily along wiht innocent iraqis

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2007, 10:09:58 PM »
it doesnt matter anymore.

we gave the white house the blank check and they cleared out the account.

teaches us for next time.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 06:18:50 AM »
it doesnt matter anymore.

we gave the white house the blank check and they cleared out the account.

teaches us for next time.

Yeah!! Next time we should run the war by public opinion
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2007, 06:39:39 AM »
Yeah!! Next time we should run the war by public opinion

cheney said public opinion could be 99% against, and nothing they do would change.  Bush said he'd continue the war if only Barney and Laura supported him.

it's either strong beliefs, or an inability to accept the facts.  you'll never convince the far right and left of anything else.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2007, 06:54:23 AM »
"I think we should believe everything and just trust everything the pResident tells us" -- Britney Spears
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 07:00:28 AM »
cheney said public opinion could be 99% against, and nothing they do would change.  Bush said he'd continue the war if only Barney and Laura supported him.

it's either strong beliefs, or an inability to accept the facts.  you'll never convince the far right and left of anything else.

I agree with Cheney, fuck the public. If you want a say in how to run a war there is probably a recruiter nearby. There are 6 Opinions that matter below Cheney, Mr. Gates, General Pace, General Moseley, General Schoomaker, General Hagee and Admiral Mullen. If those guys say we are making progress, why would Bush/Cheney care what others say?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 07:09:06 AM »
I agree with Cheney, fuck the public. If you want a say in how to run a war there is probably a recruiter nearby. There are 6 Opinions that matter below Cheney, Mr. Gates, General Pace, General Moseley, General Schoomaker, General Hagee and Admiral Mullen. If those guys say we are making progress, why would Bush/Cheney care what others say?

This is a democracy.  You know, the leaders are supposed to act upon the will of the people.  They're not supposed to get elected, then say "thanks for voting us in, now fck off while we do what we want for 4 years".

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 07:27:57 AM »
This is a democracy.  You know, the leaders are supposed to act upon the will of the people.  They're not supposed to get elected, then say "thanks for voting us in, now fck off while we do what we want for 4 years".

show me one succesful military that is run as a demorcacy
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
Well in all fairness,  the current group of idiots have run the war miserably.  But you are right, the military should be run as it is.

We just need to replace the idiots who are responsible for getting us into this mess.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2007, 07:35:16 AM »
show me one succesful military that is run as a demorcacy

You're confusing the military with the government.  Different things.

The military is an efficient machine whose purpose is to beat bad guys.  They are not a democracy.  They are a highly structured dictatorship. 

The government is a democracy.  People are elected to do what the people wish. 

To lump the two together discourages healthy debate and prospects for change. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2007, 07:38:34 AM »
Well in all fairness,  the current group of idiots have run the war miserably.  But you are right, the military should be run as it is.

We just need to replace the idiots who are responsible for getting us into this mess.

do people really think that the JCS, goes into the oval office with every decision to get permission? The JCS is running the war,, not bush
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2007, 07:40:15 AM »

The military is an efficient machine whose purpose is to beat bad guys.  They are not a democracy.  They are a highly structured dictatorship. 

I think you are the confused one. You said Cheney won't change war plans even if 99% disagree. Well the Pres is #1 in the military. Public opinion should weigh in on issues like gay marriage, abortion etc...but not on how to run a war
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2007, 07:42:25 AM »
I think you are the confused one. You said Cheney won't change war plans even if 99% disagree. Well the Pres is #1 in the military. Public opinion should weigh in on issues like gay marriage, abortion etc...but not on how to run a war

So the govt should be able to declare a 12-year war and the people of the country should have no say in when the war ends?

I am not sure you understand how democracy works.  Suppose we had a warmongering president who wanted to make his friends rich by starting 3 long drawn out wars.  Is there no set of checks in place to prevent this?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2007, 07:58:05 AM »
So the govt should be able to declare a 12-year war and the people of the country should have no say in when the war ends?

I am not sure you understand how democracy works.  Suppose we had a warmongering president who wanted to make his friends rich by starting 3 long drawn out wars.  Is there no set of checks in place to prevent this?

That's what I'm saying, the country doesn't know how to fight a war from it's collective couch. I understand how Democracy works, we vote in a president, he goes to war, his JCS tell him to keep going because they think it can work. Now if Bush was in there and everyone in the JCS said we can't win this war, I would expect Bush to give up.
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »

His lumping the 2 together is merely a reflection of how far from the path people have strayed.
It's not the whole disease, just one of it's many symptoms.
w