Author Topic: Behold the best movie fight-scene in history  (Read 8047 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Behold the best movie fight-scene in history
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »
Jackie Chan vs Ken Lo at the conclusion of Legend of Drunken Master...

Took four months to shoot.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

very good scene, jacky is an awsome choreographer and a good fighter!
are you delusional?

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 09:08:48 PM »

Wow... I wonder if some of the actors started to look older by the end of the scene.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO

no cuts! 4 straight minutes and it took 2 weeks to get it right with no screw-ups.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 09:09:58 PM »
now this is good........ others = not real, made up choreography, that why it looks good on film, sometime bad like bruce lee!!!, sorry but this guy never been one of my favorites, everything around bruce lee was a hype, legend, exagerations!!!

good fighters in movies, tony jaw, jackie chan, westley snipes, jet li..... but those are still choreography!!!

Well, Lee did grow up fighting guys in alleys... The guy really could fight... I can't take anything away from Bruce... The guy totally walked the walk.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 09:14:32 PM »
Well, Lee did grow up fighting guys in alleys... The guy really could fight... I can't take anything away from Bruce... The guy totally walked the walk.

lee was good, but never liked the guy's fight scene in movies............. and bruce lee was fighting regular guys, in the streets, because peoples wanted to try him (excepte the fight in the us about him teaching martial arts to non chinese peoples).

are you delusional?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »
lee was good, but never liked the guy's fight scene in movies............. and bruce lee was fighting regular guys, in the streets, because peoples wanted to try him (excepte the fight in the us about him teaching martial arts to non chinese peoples).

That was a big learning experience there... he lost the first and came back with a vengeance for the second.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 09:20:49 PM »
That was a big learning experience there... he lost the first and came back with a vengeance for the second.

true true!
are you delusional?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »
we're talking about "movie fight scene" right?

I like this from set up, fight, kill, dispose body

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 09:22:08 PM »
we're talking about "movie fight scenen" right?

That was a great movie.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 09:23:48 PM »
I won't comment on this thread cause all the jerkoffs will say I am name dropping.  You know, the guys who have no lives and will never have the opportunity to meet anyone cause of the way the look and act.  We know who they are and they know who they are.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »
Some of the best, there are too many:

Mortal Kombat:

Gladiator:

Any Which Way You Can:
Eastwood & William Smith, one of the toughest actors in movie history

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »
Sheesh you can't lump all fight scenes into 1 category!

You can't compare a martial arts fight to an epic war scene, or something from Bravehart or 300

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 09:39:10 PM »
Sheesh you can't lump all fight scenes into 1 category!

You can't compare a martial arts fight to an epic war scene, or something from Bravehart or 300

Or a gunfight...  ;D

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
The man who put martial arts onto the world map

At 3:15, you'll see the legendary Wing Chun moves.

He made Chuck Norris his bitch in every part, muscularity, definition and symmetry..
I am a mini beast

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »
you boys arent even close

behold

Best scene on this thread so far. Never saw that before.

Gotta give props to the "Any Which Way You Can" fight scene as well. That was a great movie. Nothing like the complex fight scenes of today, but still just great bare knuckle manliness.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2007, 01:04:17 AM »

There was no second fight.  Wong Jack Man lost one time, and thats it.  Years later, Wong refutes what was accounted in O'hara publications even though there were many witnesses.  (James Yim Lee, Linda Lee Caldwell, Al Dacoscos)  Wasn't like the movie fight in Dragon.  Bruce chased him around doing a chik cheung chui (straght blast), Wong turn and ran, Bruce caught up to him tripped him and mounted him and punched him until he gave up.  Not as sensational as a Hollywood movie, but that was the TRUE story.  This fight showed him that he needed to cross train outside of his "Gung Fu."  This is when he started adding elements of other arts into his Wing Chun matrix and synthesized Jeet Kune Do.  Get the facts straight....  This is when he also started taking his physical training to another level because he was exhausted after just five minutes.  Weight training, cardio and flexibility became the norm for him after this. 

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 02:27:10 AM »
one of the best fight scene ever has gotta be this
jet li vs the general in fist of legend

amazing fight
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 02:32:52 AM »
I won't comment on this thread cause all the jerkoffs will say I am name dropping.  You know, the guys who have no lives and will never have the opportunity to meet anyone cause of the way the look and act.  We know who they are and they know who they are.

Who, pray tell are you referring to?........   ;D

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:17 AM »
Ong Bak, Van Damme movies for sure have to be on the list...

what about that scene with Jet Li fighting himself!!! i think the movie its The One...its very good...

and of course, Matrix fighting scenes (sorry, had to do it, im a big fan  ;D)

now, if its a 'best owning scene in history' Commando wins!@@
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2007, 09:31:34 AM »
I didnt watch any videos because work has a ban.;.. But I didnt see anyone mention Stevan Segal... Some of his fight scenes back in the rocked... I know that most of the people in the old films where he would throw people and perform moves that would break bones if you resisted or didnt go with the throw the right way where actually his students. I am still an old Segal fan.. He aint shit now and his movies suck dick but back in the day his fight scenes were bad ass. All of his moves were able to be used in real life situations in bars or on the street.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »
we're talking about "movie fight scene" right?

Yet again, Benny "The Jet" Urquidez.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »
I didnt watch any videos because work has a ban.;.. But I didnt see anyone mention Stevan Segal... Some of his fight scenes back in the rocked... I know that most of the people in the old films where he would throw people and perform moves that would break bones if you resisted or didnt go with the throw the right way where actually his students. I am still an old Segal fan.. He aint shit now and his movies suck dick but back in the day his fight scenes were bad ass. All of his moves were able to be used in real life situations in bars or on the street.

good observation. What i liked when i was a kid is that even like Seagall broke bones like he was a kind of superhero LOL, it was more 'real' the the normally acrobatic fights you would see. Specially the locations usually of the fights give a more real look to it. Very well put
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »
good observation. What i liked when i was a kid is that even like Seagall broke bones like he was a kind of superhero LOL, it was more 'real' the the normally acrobatic fights you would see. Specially the locations usually of the fights give a more real look to it. Very well put

thanks, Yeah I have never been a real big fan of all the high flying flips and twists with strings and wire bullshit.. Just not my style. I'd rather see real situations and real moves that you can train and use on the street. Segal was the real deal. These new martial art actors are like tae kwon doo. They are pure shit.. Useless at least Segal gave you some direction if approached by 4 guys in a bar with a pool table or in a corner store with big windows.. The guy is still probabally my favorite martial art movie star.. It sucks that his movies turned out to start being shit and then so did he.. The guy just fucking fell off.. And id have 1,000 dollars on segal Vs. Van Damn or even Jackie...... Now let the uproar begin... ;D  :o  ;D

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2007, 12:59:41 PM »
I didnt watch any videos because work has a ban.;.. But I didnt see anyone mention Stevan Segal...

Ugh. Pretty soon someone will be suggesting the Sonny Corleone scene.

Look, those were fight scenes that at the time many people thought were amazing but it was because they didn't have any perspective yet. nothing to really compare it to (other than John Wayne's crap and perhaps James Bond crap fight scenes -- the recent one not included).