Author Topic: Poll: A Surprising G.O.P. Edge for '08  (Read 4646 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Poll: A Surprising G.O.P. Edge for '08
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 08:50:33 AM »
I don't answer your dumb straw man questions either.   ::)  Now scram. 

you seem really cranky today.  Maybe you should try douching that sand out of your vagina and you might feel better

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 08:52:51 AM »
I don't have a lot of faith in polls in general.  I think you can manipulate answers based on the way the questions are asked.  Many of the poll questions I've seen can be answered a number of ways.  I would qualify my answers to many these questions . . . if they ever called me. 

I view them as discussion pieces for the most part.  Plus I don't trust the media. 

Re 911:  I usually just avoid those threads altogether.

you spend more time posting gay alerts than 240 does with the 9-11 stuff.

Mabye you find the gays to be the greater threat to your way of life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 08:53:16 AM »
I commend Edwards for being honest.   Would you prefer he just lied to you instead? 

Speaking of straw man questions. . . .  Your name is apropos.   :)  I didn't say anything about his integrity or lying.  I said he lost me when he said he would raise my taxes.  I hate paying taxes.  I think we are overtaxed across the board.  I generally don't support any candidate who wants to take more of my hard earned money.

In fact, I didn't vote for Bush Sr. in large part because he broke his "Read my Lips.  No New Taxes" pledge.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 08:54:03 AM »
you seem really cranky today.  Maybe you should try douching that sand out of your vagina and you might feel better

LOL.  Okay.  Can I borrow your products? 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
I think it's a two-horse race at the moment:  Hillary and Obama. 

And that's the problem, because neither is electable.  

It's as if the democratic strategists are sabotaging their own campaign.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 08:55:20 AM »
you spend more time posting gay alerts than 240 does with the 9-11 stuff.

Mabye you find the gays to be the greater threat to your way of life

::)

Stay tuned for today's story.  Rest assured, as soon as CNN puts it in the front page, again, I will post it on this board . . . just for you.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:44 AM »
LOL.  Okay.  Can I borrow your products? 

I don't have a vagina - why don't you ask one of your girlfriends down at the beauty parlor

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »
And that's the problem, because neither is electable.  

It's as if the democratic strategists are sabotaging their own campaign.

I agree.  Democrats have had this problem for years.  They keep putting dud after dud at the top of the ticket.  They will likely do it again in 08 with Hillary.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »
I agree, too bad for the Dems that candidate doesn't exist. Their two leading candidates can't win and there's no one else in the party that can unseat those two anyway. I'd be more shocked if the Dems were actually leading in the polls.

This election is served up on a platter and they're going to blow it.  I'm so fed up with the current republican administration that I want them all tarred and feathered on the way out of town, but the democrats are refusing to even manufacture a decent candidate.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »
I don't have a vagina - why don't you ask one of your girlfriends down at the beauty parlor

Tell the truth straw:  you really do have a vagina.  That's why you are knowledgeable about douching.  Don't worry.  Your secret is safe with me.   :)  

You mean my barbershop?  It's almost all female.  One guy.  I tried the beauty parlor thing.  Didn't like it.    

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 09:00:47 AM »
Speaking of straw man questions. . . .  Your name is apropos.   :)  I didn't say anything about his integrity or lying.  I said he lost me when he said he would raise my taxes.  I hate paying taxes.  I think we are overtaxed across the board.  I generally don't support any candidate who wants to take more of my hard earned money.

In fact, I didn't vote for Bush Sr. in large part because he broke his "Read my Lips.  No New Taxes" pledge.  

You just figured that out eh? 

Have you ever thought about putting the good of your country ahead of your own personal enrichment?

Edwards was being honest that we've got a some serious financial problems in this country and one of solutions could be to raise taxes

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »
This election is served up on a platter and they're going to blow it.  I'm so fed up with the current republican administration that I want them all tarred and feathered on the way out of town, but the democrats are refusing to even manufacture a decent candidate.  

Taxes aside, Edwards is a good candidate, even though I would never vote for him.  Richardson is a good candidate.  I doubt either one gets any serious consideration from Democrats.  

Clark looks great on paper, but people just don't seem to like him.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
Tell the truth straw:  you really do have a vagina.  That's why you are knowledgeable about douching.  Don't worry.  Your secret is safe with me.   :)  

You mean my barbershop?  It's almost all female.  One guy.  I tried the beauty parlor thing.  Didn't like it.    

well you just seemed so cranky that I figured it was either sand in your pussy or maybe you caught you son wearing a dress and playing with dolls

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
Word is Mrs. Clinton is going to tap Gen. Wesley Clark as her running mate.  She'll be tough to be at that point. 

If she wasn't Hillary Clinton, I might agree with you, but she is Hillary Clinton and New York is not America.  

She could have Jesus as her running mate and still not be electable.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 09:03:32 AM »
Edwards lost me when he pledged to raise my taxes. 

Do you think the country needs to get out of debt? I don't like taxes either, but we've spend a TON of money over the past few years and our deficit and debt are climbing higher by the minute... Who should pay for it? Should your kids, or mine?

It's certainly not their fault that we are in this kind of monetary bind.

How much would either side cut spending?

The one thing that's bugged me about the Bush Administration is how the money is being spent so freely with no cuts in other parts of the budget, which I always thought was the Republican way... cut spending so you can cut taxes, where the Dems were increase taxes so you can increase spending... right now though we have the worst possible equation, increased spending, and lower taxes.

Where will the money come from? I'm all ears because I haven't got the answer because no one seems willing to cut spending where there are bullshit projects.

Pork, it's what's for dinner...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »
If she wasn't Hillary Clinton, I might agree with you, but she is Hillary Clinton and New York is not America. 

She could have Jesus as her running mate and still not be electable. 

The reality is that right now, no female is electable... We haven't progressed that much as a country, plus, no decent women have stepped up to plate.

For a woman to become President, she will have to hit a homerun.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 09:07:22 AM »
You just figured that out eh? 

Have you ever thought about putting the good of your country ahead of your own personal enrichment?

Edwards was being honest that we've got a some serious financial problems in this country and one of solutions could be to raise taxes

No.  I figured it out a while ago, but just never said anything.   :)

I said "We are overtaxed across the board."  This means I favor a reduction of everyone's taxes.  And it is entirely possible to balance the budget and fix financial problems without raising taxes.  This is one of the reasons I don't typically support liberal candidates.  Raising taxes seems to be all they know how to do when it comes to government money.  My money.  

Our Republican governor (the first one in over 40 years) led a billion dollar budget turnaround in four years without raising taxes.  We now have a budget surplus.  It is just remarkable.  She forced our veto-proof liberal legislature to be fiscally responsible.  This is my kind of thinking.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »
well you just seemed so cranky that I figured it was either sand in your pussy or maybe you caught you son wearing a dress and playing with dolls

Me cranky?  Nah.  Never happens on this board.   :) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 09:09:32 AM »
Do you think the country needs to get out of debt? I don't like taxes either, but we've spend a TON of money over the past few years and our deficit and debt are climbing higher by the minute... Who should pay for it? Should your kids, or mine?

It's certainly not their fault that we are in this kind of monetary bind.

How much would either side cut spending?

The one thing that's bugged me about the Bush Administration is how the money is being spent so freely with no cuts in other parts of the budget, which I always thought was the Republican way... cut spending so you can cut taxes, where the Dems were increase taxes so you can increase spending... right now though we have the worst possible equation, increased spending, and lower taxes.

Where will the money come from? I'm all ears because I haven't got the answer because no one seems willing to cut spending where there are bullshit projects.

Pork, it's what's for dinner...

See my prior post about how Governor Lingle balanced the budget without raising taxes.  It can be done.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »
I'm not convinced people vote the bottom of the ticket, but I do think someone like Clark would help Hillary a lot.  Rudy/Powell would be very attractive in the general. 

I agree on all three points.  

Although I'm not a Giuliani fan myself, I can't say I necessarily dislike the guy - I'm just not a fan.  

I'm a huge Colin Powell guy, though, and have been for almost two decades.  Although I'm yet not convinced he wants any part of the job, he would certainly legitimize the GOP ticket, leaving me with no choice but to support it.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2007, 09:15:37 AM »
For some reason people hate mormons..Romney is ok.

Most cults don't do too well in this country.  But they've done extremely well, financially. 

I think people hate them because of that whole magic underwear thing, though.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 09:18:47 AM »
I agree.  Democrats have had this problem for years.  They keep putting dud after dud at the top of the ticket.  They will likely do it again in 08 with Hillary.  

Without the Oprah endorsement, she goes nowhere.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »
The reality is that right now, no female is electable... We haven't progressed that much as a country, plus, no decent women have stepped up to plate.

For a woman to become President, she will have to hit a homerun.

Exactly, and where not ready for a black President either, even if he's only half black. Why those two would be the leading two Democrats right now is a mystery. Doesn't anyone in power know that they won't be elected.

With a strong campaign and the right campaign manager Edwards or Gore would be better candidates.

Tre was right, the Dems are literally handing this one to the Republicans.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 09:31:51 AM »
No.  I figured it out a while ago, but just never said anything.   :)

I said "We are overtaxed across the board."  This means I favor a reduction of everyone's taxes.  And it is entirely possible to balance the budget and fix financial problems without raising taxes.  This is one of the reasons I don't typically support liberal candidates.  Raising taxes seems to be all they know how to do when it comes to government money.  My money.  

Our Republican governor (the first one in over 40 years) led a billion dollar budget turnaround in four years without raising taxes.  We now have a budget surplus.  It is just remarkable.  She forced our veto-proof liberal legislature to be fiscally responsible.  This is my kind of thinking.    

I'd be up for having the tax debate with you but first we'd have to be able to agree on the facts and I just don't have time today.   BTW - I'd have no problem with keeping taxes the same or even better reducing them but you gotta find a way to cut expenditures too (the idea that cutting taxes on the richest individuals and corporations as a method of increasing overall tax revenue is horse shit) and at the federal level that usually means the people most in need of government services are the ones who pay. 

BTW - I'm all for lower taxes.  I usually pay more in taxes that the majority of American's earn in a year.   The US has more than enough tax revenue.  The problem is how they spend the money.  I'd like to see more money going to things like education, infrastructure, national health care etc... and a whole lot less as tax credits to oil companies, tax breaks for the uber rich, and no bid contracts to cronies for useless wars

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »
The Dems need to find a home-grown, white bread and apple pie candidate that America can easily swallow right now.

This is not rocket science! 

Exactly.  Just find a candidate who's not a douche, and he wins easily.  But, nope,  the Dems will fuck up what should have been a gimme.
Ron: "I am lazy."