Author Topic: Poll: A Surprising G.O.P. Edge for '08  (Read 4647 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Poll: A Surprising G.O.P. Edge for '08
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
I don't have a vagina - why don't you ask one of your girlfriends down at the beauty parlor

was that supposed to be a slam?
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »
You just figured that out eh? 

Have you ever thought about putting the good of your country ahead of your own personal enrichment?

Edwards was being honest that we've got a some serious financial problems in this country and one of solutions could be to raise taxes

LOL, obviously you have no idea how economics work. Raising taxes might take care of the governments debt but will take more money out of the working man's pocket. I bet you were in favor of raising the minimum wage too. Pay a guy an extra dollar an hour but the price of everything goes up. She he might be making more but having to spend more also, we call that breaking even
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2007, 09:51:01 AM »
Most cults don't do too well in this country.  But they've done extremely well, financially. 

I think people hate them because of that whole magic underwear thing, though.

I don't believe in the underwear, but my wifes grandmother is Mormon and wears her Jesus Jammies all the time...she was in a fire when in her teens and was burnt on every inch of her body except where the jammies were. Then she had Lupus in her older age and was in the hospital for months, nothing worked they tried all the medicine and everything. The day they sent her home was the first day she put the garments back on and within 24 hours all symptoms were gone. Again I DON"T believe in magic clothes but these two cases are a tad eary
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »
LOL, obviously you have no idea how economics work. Raising taxes might take care of the governments debt but will take more money out of the working man's pocket. I bet you were in favor of raising the minimum wage too. Pay a guy an extra dollar an hour but the price of everything goes up. She he might be making more but having to spend more also, we call that breaking even

I know a little something about economics

I derive zero value in discussing it with you, at least at this moment - opportunity cost and all

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2007, 10:04:29 AM »
I'd be up for having the tax debate with you but first we'd have to be able to agree on the facts and I just don't have time today.   BTW - I'd have no problem with keeping taxes the same or even better reducing them but you gotta find a way to cut expenditures too (the idea that cutting taxes on the richest individuals and corporations as a method of increasing overall tax revenue is horse shit) and at the federal level that usually means the people most in need of government services are the ones who pay. 

BTW - I'm all for lower taxes.  I usually pay more in taxes that the majority of American's earn in a year.   The US has more than enough tax revenue.  The problem is how they spend the money.  I'd like to see more money going to things like education, infrastructure, national health care etc... and a whole lot less as tax credits to oil companies, tax breaks for the uber rich, and no bid contracts to cronies for useless wars

I don't think we're that far apart on taxes.  What I don't support is the Robin Hood approach (take from the "rich," give to "poor").  The redistribution of wealth approach is plain wrong IMO.  Also, I start with the premise that this is our money and that the government should always be trying to figure out ways to let us keep our money. 

I think if you're going to cut taxes, you cut them across the board. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
Because I don't answer most of 240's dumb questions, particularly the straw man questions. 

You started a thread using a poll.

I asked you why you selectively choose to believe in their legitimacy.

It's not a dumb question - do you believe polls done my major independent polling firms are accurate, or not?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 10:44:39 AM »

lol @ Jesus Jammies

Glad your grandmother was ok.

Their belief in magic is way too sketchy for my blood.  Between all of the 'protections', and 'blessings' (magic spells), and the 'penispriesthood'...what a bunch of whackos. 

I think they're all gonna be pretty pissed when they die and find that a wooden box is really just a wooden box.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:08 AM »
lol @ Jesus Jammies

Glad your grandmother was ok.

Their belief in magic is way too sketchy for my blood.  Between all of the 'protections', and 'blessings' (magic spells), and the 'penispriesthood'...what a bunch of whackos. 

I think they're all gonna be pretty pissed when they die and find that a wooden box is really just a wooden box.

Dude did you see the south park when they showed up for Hell orientation? Give me an e-mail and I'll send you the clip
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
See my prior post about how Governor Lingle balanced the budget without raising taxes.  It can be done.

I agree... do you think EITHER group is going to do it?

I don't hear any of them saying they will cut spending on BS things.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2007, 11:19:46 AM »
I agree... do you think EITHER group is going to do it?

I don't hear any of them saying they will cut spending on BS things.

I don't know.  I doubt it.  We need someone like Steve Forbes get people talking about wholesale changes in how the government manages our money. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2007, 11:38:57 AM »
If you don't want increased taxes then support an Iraq pullout.  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »
If you don't want increased taxes then support an Iraq pullout.  ::)

I always support pulling out... ;)

Unless you've got a vasectomy.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2007, 11:45:46 AM »
I always support pulling out... ;)

Unless you've got a vasectomy.

vasectomy = for non men

OzmO

• Getbig V