Author Topic: What would people say if this happened?  (Read 14091 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: What would people say if this happened?
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
The one videotape, very much disputed by experts domestically, and worldwide?

You're telling me that is the only evidence we have?  Hell, there is a great deal of evidence pointing at saudi favoritism and paki ISI INVOLVEMENT in 9/11.  And you have one shoddy video?

Jeez, you'd be a lousy prosecutor. 

Everything is a conspiracy to you.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
Everything is a conspiracy to you.   ::)

No.  The top general of the paki ISI wired $100,000 to Atta, a few days before the attacks.  Then, he had breakfast with the soon-to-be-appointed head of the CIA, and a soon-to-be-911 commissioner, ON 9/11.

This doesn't smell fishy to you?

Not only was it never investigated, but on every transcript and recording by the white house where this was mentioned, they had *technical* problems and his name never showed up.  However, CSPAN and CNN picked it up just fine.

Take a stand and quit being afraid.  Is this fishy, or isn't it?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
No.  The top general of the paki ISI wired $100,000 to Atta, a few days before the attacks.  Then, he had breakfast with the soon-to-be-appointed head of the CIA, and a soon-to-be-911 commissioner, ON 9/11.

This doesn't smell fishy to you?

Not only was it never investigated, but on every transcript and recording by the white house where this was mentioned, they had *technical* problems and his name never showed up.  However, CSPAN and CNN picked it up just fine.

Take a stand and quit being afraid.  Is this fishy, or isn't it?

This conspiracy crap is stupid. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »
This conspiracy crap is stupid. 

"Crap" and "stupid".

You make a compelling case.

don't be a coward.  You addressed my statement, now make a judgment on the evidence.

Is it fishy, or isn't it? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
 ::)  I don't debate this stupid stuff.  We were discussing whether our strikes in Afghanistan were appropriate and the use of the military to combat terrorism.  If you'd like offer something constructive on that issue, I'd be happy to discuss.  But I won't be discussing your Twilight Zone conspiracy nonsense. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2007, 11:18:54 AM »
::)  I don't debate this stupid stuff.  We were discussing whether our strikes in Afghanistan were appropriate and the use of the military to combat terrorism.  If you'd like offer something constructive on that issue, I'd be happy to discuss.  But I won't be discussing your Twilight Zone conspiracy nonsense. 

this isn't twlight zone stuff.  it's public record.

I contended that the evidence pointed at pakistan.

seriously, right now, you're scared to even look at it.  i feel bad for you, you inferior, spineless little man.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2007, 11:20:32 AM »
this isn't twlight zone stuff.  it's public record.

I contended that the evidence pointed at pakistan.

seriously, right now, you're scared to even look at it.  i feel bad for you, you inferior, spineless little man.

LOL.  Ah the schoolyard challenge.  How old are you?  LOL . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »
LOL.  Ah the schoolyard challenge.  How old are you?  LOL . . . .

there's no challenge.  you're disparaging something you refuse to look at.

in the message board world, that puts you on the irrelevant troll level.

all kidding aside, when you enter a debate, then mock evidence which supports the position of an adversary, you make the whole thing suck.  Challenge my evidence!  But look at it, it's from Cspan.  I know you try to be funny, but really, you're not. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2007, 11:26:16 AM »
there's no challenge.  you're disparaging something you refuse to look at.

in the message board world, that puts you on the irrelevant troll level.

all kidding aside, when you enter a debate, then mock evidence which supports the position of an adversary, you make the whole thing suck.  Challenge my evidence!  But look at it, it's from Cspan.  I know you try to be funny, but really, you're not. 

O.K.  You're starting to bore me . . . .  Say something funny so I can laugh again.  Monday morning laughs are great.  Hey . . . talk about the faked moon landing conspiracy . . .  :D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Oh please.  It was obvious to Colin Powell et al. that OBL and Al Qaeda was behind the attack.  The Taliban knew they were hosting terrorists.  They weren't going to give us squat.  Our national security was at stake.  You don't negotiate with terrorists under those circumstances. 

According to the White House now, ...OBL wasn't behind it but Sheik KM was... ???
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »
According to the White House now, ...OBL wasn't behind it but Sheik KM was... ???

Since when?  And says who?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2007, 11:30:26 AM »

I'm sure beach bum will have a nice eye roll response to this one.

Beach bum, all jokes aside, why would you enter a discussion on Afghan involvment right after evidence is shown that the Pakis were involved, just to crap on it.

I mean, what possible interest do you have in protecting the ISI?

What possible interest do you have in supporting 1/2 of the guilty parties, essentially, getting away with it?

You're dangerous for america.  We're having a discussion on where the evidence leads and you're mocking it - it's like you want to hide evidence of the man who gave $100,000 to a terrorist.

You're dangerous for America, Beach Bum.  An embarassment to the flag I salute.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2007, 12:01:39 PM »
I haven't seen the intelligence either, but I believe representations of those who did.  Plus OBL has admitted he was behind the attacks, so it's not as if we need to second guess our intelligence. 

Bin Laden didn't take credit for the attacks until 2004.  I have to admit that I haven't looked into the legitimacy of the evidence.  Vetting the reasons/intelligence for military use of force seems appropriate now.  When this sort of inquiry doesn't happen, then a breeding ground of distrust, dissent, opposition and even conspiracy arises. 

Look at this news story from 2001
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/09/11/world/main310852.shtml

Apparently, since no one new that Bin Laden was behind the attacks, the Taliban simply wanted some sort of confirmation that OBL was the perpetrator of 9/11 before it turned him over to the US.

The president declined that request and the invasion was on.

Here's an interesting link where opinions from all sides of the spectrum are posted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1588769.stm

For myself, as a matter of course, I prefer diplomacy to military action.  I don't see the harm or difficulty in complying with the Taliban's request for information before action.  For what it's worth, about 5000 civilians died in the invasion.  That's a small city.  And OBL still got away.  The Taliban is still a player and terrorist acts are on the rise in Afghanistan.

Nonetheless, OBL was still wanted by the US for other terrorist incidents.  Talk about murky.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »
Bin Laden didn't take credit for the attacks until 2004.  I have to admit that I haven't looked into the legitimacy of the evidence.  Vetting the reasons/intelligence for military use of force seems appropriate now.  When this sort of inquiry doesn't happen, then a breeding ground of distrust, dissent, opposition and even conspiracy arises. 

Look at this news story from 2001
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/09/11/world/main310852.shtml

Apparently, since no one new that Bin Laden was behind the attacks, the Taliban simply wanted some sort of confirmation that OBL was the perpetrator of 9/11 before it turned him over to the US.

The president declined that request and the invasion was on.

Here's an interesting link where opinions from all sides of the spectrum are posted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1588769.stm

For myself, as a matter of course, I prefer diplomacy to military action.  I don't see the harm or difficulty in complying with the Taliban's request for information before action.  For what it's worth, about 5000 civilians died in the invasion.  That's a small city.  And OBL still got away.  The Taliban is still a player and terrorist acts are on the rise in Afghanistan.

Nonetheless, OBL was still wanted by the US for other terrorist incidents.  Talk about murky.

I don't have a problem with someone looking at whatever evidence we had before we invaded Afghanistan, so long as it doesn't compromise national security, but I don't think there is much of a debate over who was responsible for 911, nutty conspiracy talk notwithstanding. 

But they were not about to hand over Bin Laden.  From the first link:  Asked if he was ready to hand bin Laden over, he snapped, "No."

Step back and look at this.  If we believed that the Taliban was hosting a terrorist who attacked us, and that the Taliban knew OBL was a terrorist, the Taliban didn't need proof.  I don't believe for one second that if we would have shown our hand that the Taliban would have turned OBL over . . . and dismantled the terrorist training camps.  In all likelihood, they helped him escape. 

And the delay in taking responsibility may have been caused by OBL's inability to communicate while running for his life through the mountains.   

I prefer diplomacy too, unless we're dealing with terrorists.  These are the same people who will decapitate innocent civilians.  I watched the decapitation/murder of Nick Berg.  I'll never forget it.  I watched it so I can keep some perspective on who we're dealing with.  Who the enemy is.  Those folks are evil.       

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
I don't have a problem with someone looking at whatever evidence we had before we invaded Afghanistan, so long as it doesn't compromise national security, but I don't think there is much of a debate over who was responsible for 911, nutty conspiracy talk notwithstanding. 

But they were not about to hand over Bin Laden.  From the first link:  Asked if he was ready to hand bin Laden over, he snapped, "No."

Step back and look at this.  If we believed that the Taliban was hosting a terrorist who attacked us, and that the Taliban knew OBL was a terrorist, the Taliban didn't need proof.  I don't believe for one second that if we would have shown our hand that the Taliban would have turned OBL over . . . and dismantled the terrorist training camps.  In all likelihood, they helped him escape. 

And the delay in taking responsibility may have been caused by OBL's inability to communicate while running for his life through the mountains.   

I prefer diplomacy too, unless we're dealing with terrorists.  These are the same people who will decapitate innocent civilians.  I watched the decapitation/murder of Nick Berg.  I'll never forget it.  I watched it so I can keep some perspective on who we're dealing with.  Who the enemy is.  Those folks are evil.       

That was a faked video, made by English speaking men who wore clean Nike sneakers, ...inside Abu Ghraib.
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2007, 12:21:17 PM »
I'll never forget it.  I watched it so I can keep some perspective on who we're dealing with.  Who the enemy is.  Those folks are evil.       

Yeah Iraqis are saying the same thing also, when soldiers took turns raping a 13 year old girl and killing her whole family.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2007, 12:25:44 PM »
That was a faked video, made by English speaking men who wore clean Nike sneakers, ...inside Abu Ghraib.

Okay.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »
Yeah Iraqis are saying the same thing also, when soldiers took turns raping a 13 year old girl and killing her whole family.

The soldiers responsible are being punished, unlike the terrorists who murdered Nick Berg.  That's one of the differences between us and them. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »
The soldiers responsible are being punished, unlike the terrorists who murdered Nick Berg.  That's one of the differences between us and them. 

Well CIA says nick berg was killed by abu musab zarqawi, and he's dead. One soldier that raped the girl was discharged and has just now been brought up on federal charges, he's out and about enjoying mcdonals and otherd delites.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »
Well CIA says nick berg was killed by abu musab zarqawi, and he's dead. One soldier that raped the girl was discharged and has just now been brought up on federal charges, he's out and about enjoying mcdonals and otherd delites.

Are you comparing our military with these terrorists? 

Everyone who was purportedly involved with this crime has been either convicted or is being prosecuted. 

Monday April 2, 2007 Soldier's trial delayed, scheduled for July

by The Associated Press   

NASHVILLE, TENN. - The trial for Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman, a 2002 Chambersburg Area Senior High School graduate accused in the rape and murder of an Iraqi teenager and the slaying of her family, has been delayed.

The trial was scheduled to start today at Fort Campbell, Ky., but was pushed back after Spielman's defense attorney received new information regarding witnesses, attorney Dan Christensen said.

A public affairs officer at Fort Campbell, Master Sgt. Terry Webster, said the trial has been rescheduled for July 23. As a matter of protocol, military prosecutors won't discuss the case.

Spielman is the last of four 101st Airborne soldiers from Fort Campbell, on the Kentucky-Tennessee line, to face trial in the March 2006 attack on the family in their home near a military checkpoint in Mahmoudiya.

"The government disclosed a bunch of information in the 11th hour," Christensen said Saturday.

Christensen said a military judge approved the delay late Friday night after attorneys argued they needed more time to review the new information.

Christensen declined to reveal the new details, but said it had to do with other soldiers charged in the case, as well as other witnesses scheduled to testify.

"This information is important enough to move the trial," he said.

Spielman, 22, faces up to life in prison without parole if convicted on rape and murder charges.

Three other soldiers have pleaded guilty and been sentenced in the case. A former private, Steven Green, is being prosecuted in federal court.

Spc. James P. Barker and Sgt. Paul E. Cortez said they took turns raping the 14-year-old Iraqi girl while Green shot and killed her mother, father and younger sister. Barker was sentenced to 90 years in prison; Cortez was sentenced to 100 years.

Pfc. Bryan Howard, 19, pleaded guilty to being an accessory to the rape and murder, and was sentenced to 27 months.

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=162227&format=html

Ex-GI Accused in Rape of Iraqi, Killings:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/03/AR2006070300399.html

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2007, 01:04:37 PM »
Are you comparing our military with these terrorists? 

No, comparing the hardships of war of innocent victims. You think they are evil, they think we are evil, just pointing out the obvious.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2007, 01:23:08 PM »
No, comparing the hardships of war of innocent victims. You think they are evil, they think we are evil, just pointing out the obvious.

Understood.  I do, however, see a stark contrast between us and them ("them" being terrorists).  We don't decapitate noncombatants.  Daniel Pearl.  We don't intentionally blow up women and children.  We have rules of engagement.  And when one of ours commits a crime, we hold them accountable. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »
Okay.   ::)

Don't roll your eyes at me. That was either NOT a body, ...or it was an already dead body drained of all it's blood.

If you think the juggular vein doesn't squirt buckets of blood... think again.

Furthermore, watch the video again til the very end, ...and you will clearly hear one of the men, speaking IN ENGLISH.

Furthermore, you will notice US military headgear peek in to a corner of the frame.

Whoever did this video, did a rush job, without a careful eye to details.

It has been thoroughly debunked, ...and that's why it's not running every night on FOX News. Even they know better.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »
Understood.  I do, however, see a stark contrast between us and them ("them" being terrorists).  We don't decapitate noncombatants.  Daniel Pearl.  We don't intentionally blow up women and children.  We have rules of engagement.  And when one of ours commits a crime, we hold them accountable. 

Keep telling yourself that.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »
Don't roll your eyes at me. That was either NOT a body, ...or it was an already dead body drained of all it's blood.

If you think the juggular vein doesn't squirt buckets of blood... think again.

Furthermore, watch the video again til the very end, ...and you will clearly hear one of the men, speaking IN ENGLISH.

Furthermore, you will notice US military headgear peek in to a corner of the frame.

Whoever did this video, did a rush job, without a careful eye to details.

It has been thoroughly debunked, ...and that's why it's not running every night on FOX News. Even they know better.

I watched it once and will never watch it again.  It's sick.  So are they.