Author Topic: Sad Sight at the Gym  (Read 3973 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Sad Sight at the Gym
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 04:47:46 PM »
Speaking of elevators...when I used to train people at one gym, they had an elevator.  I used to take new clients on the elevator all the time...haha  Of course, people would laugh and wonder why a personal trainer was suggesting the elevator.  I'd then say, that's the secret to good calves.
In actuality, taking a flight of stairs here and there does absolutely nothing.  If your heart rate isn't elevated for more than 3 minutes at a time, it's not burning anything significant.  The best is when someone thinks that cause they walked around all day shopping, they actually did some worthwhile physical activity.  You could walk 6 miles, but if you stop every 50 yards, it really isn't that beneficial.
N

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread on this.  SO we are working out and this guy behind us is sitting on one of those big rubber balls.  He starts to go forward so he can do I guess some situps or crunches.  Well I guess the ball rolled on the corner of one of the machines and it popped.  This guy went straight down and hit his elbow on the machine.  He cut his arm good enough to go get stitches.  It was funny as hell.  He actually just came back in the gym and it reminded me to type this.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »
Oh yeah, cause Ronnie Coleman squatted using a core ball, before doing actual squats.  Those things are a severe waste of time.
I want to work my core.
Translation: I don't want to lift anything heavy or work too hard.

My favorite is watching someone do overhead tricep rope extentions on half a core ball.  Great way to ruin your back or break yourself.  I'd put money that the person doing them on regular ground will grow much quicker.  Plus, you can lift hell more weight if you're stable.  If you want to work on your abs....now here's a crazy one....work on your fucking abs..hahah
People and their "cutting edge" techniques.  Funny, I've never touched a core ball and I have pretty solid abs.  Oh another thing, don't worry about diet or cardio for getting good abs, just do 1000x crunches and eat Doritos.  Some people are just lost and content being there.

That is the truth!