Author Topic: Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?  (Read 26160 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Do all MMA and UFC fighters think there "hardcore"?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »
Being a Gracie student and a Relson jockrider, Royce's takedowns were terrible ...

Why don't these cats just trade the big Rs and Hs altogether?

Like Handy Couture did.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »
You're not welcome, 'cause you don't know shit.  ::)

Every heavyweight boxing champion of the last 50 years has been challenged by the Gracie family to a fight. Not one of them would take the challenge because they know they would be taken out of their element and choked the fuck out. Your hero Lennox Lewis included.

Try to limit your posts to 50 words or less when you type bullshit. Thanks.  ;)
Ortiz would choke out Lennox in record time. Period.

i agree with the premise that more weapons = more chances, but to say ortiz walks over and takes down prime lennox shows complete ignorance on your part.

i am not a lennox guy, not even a big fan, but you are talking about a freak athlete at the top of his game vs trailor trash and i have made my points on that.

one question, how the fuck do you think ortiz is going to wear a left hook, right hand or uppercut from lewis whilst attempting to shoot in? because you do know he will don't you ???

hell, he won't get past lewis' jab.

if you gave me a scenario of fedor vs prime lewis i'd agree with you.

remember, the greatest potential goes where the money is. ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
there is a special forces guy<s> out someplace..somewhere..

prolly more than 1....

or 10....

that'd make ken shamrock and the likes cry like a wittle baby...

nuff said.
carpe` vaginum!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2007, 08:44:11 PM »
i agree with the premise that more weapons = more chances, but to say ortiz walks over and takes down prime lennox shows complete ignorance on your part.

i am not a lennox guy, not even a big fan, but you are talking about a freak athlete at the top of his game vs trailor trash and i have made my points on that.

one question, how the fuck do you think ortiz is going to wear a left hook, right hand or uppercut from lewis whilst attempting to shoot in? because you do know he will don't you ???
hell, he won't get past lewis' jab.

if you gave me a scenario of fedor vs prime lewis i'd agree with you.

remember, the greatest potential goes where the money is. ;)

Answer: Because Lennox would not get all those punches off against Tito before he'd be on his back, genius.  ::)
"Freak BOXING athlete" in a mma bout (with no training in grappling defense) against a highly skilled mma fighter equals boxer getting choked the fuck out. Period.

The only person completely "ignorant" is you. Gracies have had pro boxers come into their schools and be humbled when they are taken to the mat and submitted. I know because I've trained with couple of Gracies. I know the stories. They were challenged countless times over the years, as well as having fighters come in who were just curious whether they match up with them. I also believe I know more about the relationship of grappling, striking and other aspects of the martial arts than you do from my experiences. But...that is just one Latino's opinion.  ;D

You may not like Tito Ortiz, and neither do I. But you don't have go all the way up to the likes of Fedor to find a mma fighter that would take out Lennox Lewis. Many others one or two notches below a Fedor or Crocop would make Lennox tap out. And Lennox Lewis is no Muhammed Ali anyway.
!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2007, 12:24:55 AM »
Answer: Because Lennox would not get all those punches off against Tito before he'd be on his back, genius.  ::)
"Freak BOXING athlete" in a mma bout (with no training in grappling defense) against a highly skilled mma fighter equals boxer getting choked the fuck out. Period.

The only person completely "ignorant" is you. Gracies have had pro boxers come into their schools and be humbled when they are taken to the mat and submitted. I know because I've trained with couple of Gracies. I know the stories. They were challenged countless times over the years, as well as having fighters come in who were just curious whether they match up with them. I also believe I know more about the relationship of grappling, striking and other aspects of the martial arts than you do from my experiences. But...that is just one Latino's opinion.  ;D

You may not like Tito Ortiz, and neither do I. But you don't have go all the way up to the likes of Fedor to find a mma fighter that would take out Lennox Lewis. Many others one or two notches below a Fedor or Crocop would make Lennox tap out. And Lennox Lewis is no Muhammed Ali anyway.

tito doesn't get past lennox's jab. i won't even mention his power shots.

as i said, i agree with the premise ie more weapons (especially ground game), but you fucked up when you mentioned 'i have no defence to a punch' tito ortiz taking down lennox lewis.

middleweight wannabe forrest whitaker can rock tito but one of the most powerful punchers in hw history, lennox lewis won't.

you need to get a clue. ;)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2007, 12:25:53 AM »
I never suggested Royce had the best takedowns. However, he WOULD take down Lennox Lewis.
I also disagree that on the street the grappler always wins. On the street, grappling ain't always the wisest course of action. Try grappling after a confrontation in a crowded niteclub, and you'd be an idiot. In that environment I'd put my money on a pro boxer.  ;)

Grappling may be a throw from the clinch, greco over/under, muay thai plum, seo nage.  On the streets, this may be sufficient. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2007, 06:30:44 AM »

as i said, i agree with the premise ie more weapons (especially ground game), but you fucked up when you mentioned 'i have no defence to a punch' tito ortiz taking down lennox lewis.

middleweight wannabe forrest whitaker can rock tito but one of the most powerful punchers in hw history, lennox lewis won't.

Yep, mma hs clearly shown that great strikers can easily beat even mediocre grapplers with a great jab and amazing punching power.  ::) After all, just like in the movies it only takes one or two punches and the opponent is knocked out, right?

It is always entertaining to chat with those who think they know yet don't have two things...experience or a clue.  :P Now I am done conversing with you.
!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2007, 07:07:50 AM »
Yep, mma hs clearly shown that great strikers can easily beat even mediocre grapplers with a great jab and amazing punching power.  ::) After all, just like in the movies it only takes one or two punches and the opponent is knocked out, right?

It is always entertaining to chat with those who think they know yet don't have two things...experience or a clue.  :P Now I am done conversing with you.

ha ha, yes it has actually.

or maybe i was seeing things when i saw liddell beat seven shades of shit out of your tito ortiz...with his fists. :o

how many fights did belfort win standing up? mmmm...mustn't have fought any 'mediocre grapplers' on his way to the lt hw title i suppose? how long did it take vitor to just about take couture's eye out with, umm, a single punch.

wasn't your great grappling homo erotic fantasy, royce gracie ktfo by a single punch?

suppose gracie and couture were less than 'mediocre grapplers' though ::)

funny thing is, none of these strikers were in the same zip code as lennox in striking ability.

ms blanco, you continue to demonstrate your complete ignorance on martial arts with every reply so maybe it is best that you stfu now. ;)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »

Jeremy "Half Man, Half Amazing" Williams, sparring Lennox Lewis.  Judo+boxing>boxing by itself. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

this is getting to be a very old argument. Jeremy Williams may very well be able to beat Lennox....but Lennox has millions upon millions of dollars it doesnt matter. Lennox could buy Jeremy if he wanted to and turn him into his butler.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2007, 07:58:15 PM »
  this is getting to be a very old argument. Jeremy Williams may very well be able to beat Lennox....but Lennox has millions upon millions of dollars it doesnt matter. Lennox could buy Jeremy if he wanted to and turn him into his butler.

Wouldn't have posted it unless people wouldn't argue that Lennox/Tyson/PBF would connect with a monster combo prior to getting taken down.  And just for good measure, we have the Semy/Fedor fight.  For neophytes, Semy is the K1 champ. 
&mode=related&search=

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2007, 12:42:54 AM »
Wouldn't have posted it unless people wouldn't argue that Lennox/Tyson/PBF would connect with a monster combo prior to getting taken down.  And just for good measure, we have the Semy/Fedor fight.  For neophytes, Semy is the K1 champ. 
&mode=related&search=

americanbulldog, i respect your input on this board. you are one of the few that DO know what you're talking about.

just to be clear, i have never said that having less weapons at your disposal ie boxing is greater than mma.

my point was re tito vs lennox and i have stated two this would go down imo.

jeremy williams is an excellent top flight experienced boxer and a very big strong hw. he was actually very close to lewis' class (at time of sparring) and actually does know how to get past lewis' arsenal (team lewis is not going to pay for a moving punching bag). please don't think that tito would be able to do the same thing.

now lennox is an arrogant prick so there's a good chance he would die laughing when he saw tito's defence, but a switched on ready lewis = dead tito.

the fact that lewis and williams were sparring for a BOXING fight is an important thing to consider also.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2007, 02:13:43 AM »
americanbulldog, i respect your input on this board. you are one of the few that DO know what you're talking about.

just to be clear, i have never said that having less weapons at your disposal ie boxing is greater than mma.

my point was re tito vs lennox and i have stated two this would go down imo.

jeremy williams is an excellent top flight experienced boxer and a very big strong hw. he was actually very close to lewis' class (at time of sparring) and actually does know how to get past lewis' arsenal (team lewis is not going to pay for a moving punching bag). please don't think that tito would be able to do the same thing.

now lennox is an arrogant prick so there's a good chance he would die laughing when he saw tito's defence, but a switched on ready lewis = dead tito.

the fact that lewis and williams were sparring for a BOXING fight is an important thing to consider also.

What makes Liddell great is his takedown defense.  His takedown defense is so good because he was a D1 wrestler.  He is a very unorthodox fighter who fights with his hands down with little head movement.  When he does shift out, his hands are by his waist guarding centerline (why, to defend the single, double, ankle pick).  He is a counterpuncher by nature and throws only full power shots (with the exception of that probing jab that sets up his overhand right, left hook combo).  The reason he beat Tito so badly is they were friends, training partners, and he knows Tito's game.  He knows Tito is afraid of being clipped, and expects the shot.  Is Page that much of a better striker than Liddell?  No, but Page, stylistically matches up better with Liddell.  Page sets up his slams, and takedowns with his striking.  Page is willing to stand in front of Chuck, and unlike EVERYONE Chuck has fought of late outside of Pride, (Only exception being Tiger White, who is a small LHWY who actually caught Chuck a couple of times) are grappling based fighters. 

Lennox would stand no chance against Fedor, Fujita, Josh, Mirko, Aleks, Sergei, Vera.  Take the best of the breed from boxing and put them into a no holds barred scenario, and 9.99 times out of ten, the MMA fighter takes it.  ODH, PBF would be mincemeat for BJ Penn.  Make no mistake about it boxingphiles (I am one of them), but the well rounded athlete, with greater skillset will win.  (The x factor is athleticism)  Would PBF be a force if he got training, HELLYEAH!  Guys a stud.  Would a Cus D'Amato trained Mike Tyson if he got to train with Carlson Gracie been a load to handle?  Unstoppable....  So lets stop arguing a moot point (it should be a mute point), I'd take a young Renzo Gracie over a young Mike Tyson anyday.  Renzo with NHB rules before athletic commision rules was an ANIMAL. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2007, 02:42:53 AM »
Here is the myspace account of Brian Esponiza, a guy, who when he was a blue choked out Fernando Vargas.  I am searching for the article as we speak.  http://www.myspace.com/fredo4330.  BTW, he is a black now.   ;D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
What makes Liddell great is his takedown defense.  His takedown defense is so good because he was a D1 wrestler.  He is a very unorthodox fighter who fights with his hands down with little head movement.  When he does shift out, his hands are by his waist guarding centerline (why, to defend the single, double, ankle pick).  He is a counterpuncher by nature and throws only full power shots (with the exception of that probing jab that sets up his overhand right, left hook combo).  The reason he beat Tito so badly is they were friends, training partners, and he knows Tito's game.  He knows Tito is afraid of being clipped, and expects the shot.  Is Page that much of a better striker than Liddell?  No, but Page, stylistically matches up better with Liddell.  Page sets up his slams, and takedowns with his striking.  Page is willing to stand in front of Chuck, and unlike EVERYONE Chuck has fought of late outside of Pride, (Only exception being Tiger White, who is a small LHWY who actually caught Chuck a couple of times) are grappling based fighters. 

Lennox would stand no chance against Fedor, Fujita, Josh, Mirko, Aleks, Sergei, Vera.  Take the best of the breed from boxing and put them into a no holds barred scenario, and 9.99 times out of ten, the MMA fighter takes it.  ODH, PBF would be mincemeat for BJ Penn.  Make no mistake about it boxingphiles (I am one of them), but the well rounded athlete, with greater skillset will win.  (The x factor is athleticism)  Would PBF be a force if he got training, HELLYEAH!  Guys a stud.  Would a Cus D'Amato trained Mike Tyson if he got to train with Carlson Gracie been a load to handle?  Unstoppable....  So lets stop arguing a moot point (it should be a mute point), I'd take a young Renzo Gracie over a young Mike Tyson anyday.  Renzo with NHB rules before athletic commision rules was an ANIMAL. 

no argument

more weapons = more advantages = no brainer

however, you have to factor in effectiveness of weapons, calibre of fighter and size/weight division. the x factor is huge in these types sports and the guys with real talent are not going anywhere near the octagon. even boxing is suffering a sharp decline in talent due to too many reasons to elaborate on here.

in the octagon scenario tito is going to get caught by a focused lennox very quickly, he is going to be on queer street and he's not going to find anything but more of the same when he shoots. lewis has never had a problem finishing those beneath him quickly and when i'm talking those 'beneath him', i'm talking about guys that would have tito for breakfast standing up eg. golota, grant, mccall, etc.

in a phone booth, different story.

best vs best ie prime tyson/lewis/ali/whoever vs fedor in mma - w fedor 9/10.

pbf vs prime benn - not even close. as good as pbf is, he has nothing to stop benn from taking him down. it'd be quick and brutal which is exactly why this type of scenario will never happen.

there is no motivation whatsoever for a guy of pbf's ability to go anywhere but boxing.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2007, 03:09:14 PM »
no argument

more weapons = more advantages = no brainer

however, you have to factor in effectiveness of weapons, calibre of fighter and size/weight division. the x factor is huge in these types sports and the guys with real talent are not going anywhere near the octagon. even boxing is suffering a sharp decline in talent due to too many reasons to elaborate on here.

in the octagon scenario tito is going to get caught by a focused lennox very quickly, he is going to be on queer street and he's not going to find anything but more of the same when he shoots. lewis has never had a problem finishing those beneath him quickly and when i'm talking those 'beneath him', i'm talking about guys that would have tito for breakfast standing up eg. golota, grant, mccall, etc.

in a phone booth, different story.

best vs best ie prime tyson/lewis/ali/whoever vs fedor in mma - w fedor 9/10.

pbf vs prime benn - not even close. as good as pbf is, he has nothing to stop benn from taking him down. it'd be quick and brutal which is exactly why this type of scenario will never happen.

there is no motivation whatsoever for a guy of pbf's ability to go anywhere but boxing.

Unless Lennox has TD defense, he will get taken down all day.  Milos Savage/Gene LeBell all over again. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »
Unless Lennox has TD defense, he will get taken down all day.  Milos Savage/Gene LeBell all over again. 
;)

After all, the "Beast" says you're the only one who knows what he's talking about...
!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2007, 01:49:36 AM »
;)

After all, the "Beast" says you're the only one who knows what he's talking about...

Leave the noobs alone.   ;D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2007, 05:36:10 AM »
;)

now now blanco, don't get your special, personally autographed by royce gracie, tap out branded, pink knickers in a knot. i didn't say he was the 'only one', but he usually comes with a balanced and informed point of view. when someone comes out with matchups like tito vs lennox at prime and tito simply walking over and taking him down i do have to question who actually knows what around here.

believe me, i have no bias towards boxing, but i like to think i'm a realist and this is nowhere near a realistic outcome to the above scenario. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2007, 06:26:03 AM »

savage + le bell < stoned on premium hydro lennox lewis

hope this helps

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2007, 09:01:52 AM »
now now blanco, don't get your special, personally autographed by royce gracie, tap out branded, pink knickers in a knot. i didn't say he was the 'only one', but he usually comes with a balanced and informed point of view. when someone comes out with matchups like tito vs lennox at prime and tito simply walking over and taking him down i do have to question who actually knows what around here.

believe me, i have no bias towards boxing, but i like to think i'm a realist and this is nowhere near a realistic outcome to the above scenario. 
Unlike you with your Lennox Lewis personally splooged, unwashed pink polo that you keep loving wrapped in plastic for the fond memory of when Lennox jizzed all over your mouth and shirt. How did it feel sucking him off? I bet you felt just like Monica Lewinsky when she kept the stained dress of Bill Clinton's splooge to remember the occasion.  :D

You don't know jack shit, you fake-ass "Beast". ::) You can argue until you're blue in the face ONE matchup that I still maintain Tito would dominate. It is beside the point. The dominance from wrestlers and Brazilian jiu-jitsu practioners over strikers in clear and obvious in mma when the strikers are untrained in takedown defense.

How much training have you actually put in "Beast"? I'm talking aside from shadowboxing in your mom's pink panties to a Lennox Lewis highlight reel.  ::) Grapplers will ALWAYS dominate in a one-on-one controlled environment on a soft surface against a boxer with no takedown defense. I've seen it first hand and done it firsthand. A striker has a strikers chance...one lucky shot before the shoot-in and the takedown. After that it's lights out, game over. Take Lennox's nuts out of your mouth and realize that Lennox's "foot speed" is great for boxing, but against a D1 wrestler will have him flat on his back and then submitted.
!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
Unlike you with your Lennox Lewis personally splooged, unwashed pink polo that you keep loving wrapped in plastic for the fond memory of when Lennox jizzed all over your mouth and shirt. How did it feel sucking him off? I bet you felt just like Monica Lewinsky when she kept the stained dress of Bill Clinton's splooge to remember the occasion.  :D

You don't know jack shit, you fake-ass "Beast". ::) You can argue until you're blue in the face ONE matchup that I still maintain Tito would dominate. It is beside the point. The dominance from wrestlers and Brazilian jiu-jitsu practioners over strikers in clear and obvious in mma when the strikers are untrained in takedown defense.

How much training have you actually put in "Beast"? I'm talking aside from shadowboxing in your mom's pink panties to a Lennox Lewis highlight reel.  ::) Grapplers will ALWAYS dominate in a one-on-one controlled environment on a soft surface against a boxer with no takedown defense. I've seen it first hand and done it firsthand. A striker has a strikers chance...one lucky shot before the shoot-in and the takedown. After that it's lights out, game over. Take Lennox's nuts out of your mouth and realize that Lennox's "foot speed" is great for boxing, but against a D1 wrestler will have him flat on his back and then submitted.

just who the fuck is 'benny blanco'?

do you work at mcdonalds and practice subs on the 14 yr old trainees?

when you next attend your once a week Brazilian jiu-jitsu class, ask your trainer to recommend you to a real trainer and when you get there, ask that trainer to recommend you to a real trainer and so on until you get to someone that actually trains competitive mma fighters.

ask that guy how tito ortiz vs prime lennox lewis is going to go down in the octagon. remember, just that matchup.

when you've done that, get back to me with his name and credentials and i'll call him myself.

until then, take your own advice and stfu.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2007, 11:41:42 AM »
just who the fuck is 'benny blanco'?

do you work at mcdonalds and practice subs on the 14 yr old trainees?

when you next attend your once a week Brazilian jiu-jitsu class, ask your trainer to recommend you to a real trainer and when you get there, ask that trainer to recommend you to a real trainer and so on until you get to someone that actually trains competitive mma fighters.

ask that guy how tito ortiz vs prime lennox lewis is going to go down in the octagon. remember, just that matchup.

when you've done that, get back to me with his name and credentials and i'll call him myself.

until then, take your own advice and stfu.
Who the fuck is "Beast 8692"? Who gives a fuck about your dumbass opinion? Once again, I ask what have you trained in besides your mother's pink panties? How long have you trained in the martial arts? How many times have you jerked off to a Lennox Lewis highlight reel, you fuckin' f@ggot? You sound like that bitch-azz BerzerkFury, who gets all his knowledge off Sherdog and youtube vids instead of actual training.

I think you should take my advice and lick my hairy nuts. I ain't goin' nowhere. You can shut me down on this thread when you prove you know what you're talking about. You talk like a boxer can stick and move and keep grappler off of him somehow...without learning takedown defense. That has been proven incorrect so many times that your mental retardation is self-evident. Are you sure you're not related to Tommy Hearns? You write the way he talks...like a punch-drunk fool.
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »
Are you sure you're not related to Tommy Hearns? You write the way he talks...like a punch-drunk fool.

That shit was funny as hell.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2007, 11:47:43 AM »

I think you should take my advice and lick my hairy nuts. I ain't goin' nowhere. You can shut me down on this thread when you prove you know what you're talking about. You talk like a boxer can stick and move and keep grappler off of him somehow...without learning takedown defense. That has been proven incorrect so many times that your mental retardation is self-evident. Are you sure you're not related to Tommy Hearns? You write the way he talks...like a punch-drunk fool.

Taking out the part about hairy nuts, retardation and any other insults, I agree wholeheartedly with your asertion.  A good TD guy will get a good striker down 99.99% of the time.  The striker has a striker's chance, and not a very good one at that because when you are moving, you can't get your body behind the punch, kick.  Boxers, especially, who on on their toes, will have the hardest time.  Most people don't realize that Chuck's takedown defense (other than grabbing the fence) is based on the fact that he was a D1 wrestler.