Author Topic: Rhino, whats up with this  (Read 6832 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: Rhino, whats up with this
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
Why do you care?

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CARE. THE SO CALLED ATHLETE REP DOESN'T..I HERE HE IS IN THE IFBB'S POCKET
irongearco.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2007, 06:30:49 PM »

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CARE. THE SO CALLED ATHLETE REP DOESN'T..I HERE HE IS IN THE IFBB'S POCKET

Why should i care about athletes in other federations?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2007, 06:38:28 PM »
YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ANY ATHLETE. I TRUELY BELIEVE YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF. I MEAN WHY WOULD ANYONE BE AGAINST AN IFBB ATHLETE GOING TO ANOTHER ORGANIZATION AND MAKING MONEY. THE ONLY EXPLANATION THAT COULD BE IS THAT YOU ARE A PUPPET FOR THE IFBB AND YOU SAY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO SAY.
irongearco.com

digitaljake

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
Well Bob doesn't really have to care, because he represents IFBB athletes, and I don't think that IFBB bodybuilders should be allowed to compete in other organizations but I do think they should be allowed to guest pose and have show appearances to make extra cash. If their was an organization that represented all of Bodybuilding in general and the IFBB and PDI we under it and Bob was the Rep of that organization then I could see the point of him caring but that isn't the case.

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2007, 10:34:44 PM »
Nothing.....That's the beauty of PDI. We let our athletes compete and make money in other organizations, including the IFBB..

Which begs the question, why doesn't the IFBB do the same??????
GEEEEZ..you again..Give it a rest already.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2007, 12:43:31 AM »
Nothing.....That's the beauty of PDI. We let our athletes compete and make money in other organizations, including the IFBB.....

Which begs the question, why doesn't the IFBB do the same??????

Several years ago I worked for a major insurance company. When they hired an agent he/she had to give up any agent contracts with other carriers as well as real estate licenses if they had any.

Why?

Because the agents with this company averaged $20 k a month in income and the company decided to make exclusivity a rule of becoming an agent.

It’s known as the “Golden Rule”= He who has the Gold makes the rules.

No one is holding a gun to any Pro’s head saying you have to be an IFBB Pro. No one says that you have to train 5 or 10 years and you have to become a Pro. These guys make that decision themselves. But once they accept that IFBB card, they have to accept the IFBB rules. Or go to the PDI ir the WGGB or where-ever.

You simply have to know that with every opportunity gained there is another opportunity one gives up. It’s a choice.

What I don’t understand is why people choose to go to the PDI yet still want to go to the IFBB. 

and keep moving!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2007, 12:57:28 AM »
RHINO, two questions:

1. What are your goals as far as placing in the coming contests?

2. If you were somehow (I know, crazy thought) offered a Pro Card with the IFBB, instead of the PDI, would you rather compete there, and if so, why?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

~salmon~

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2007, 02:19:08 AM »
GEEEEZ..you again..Give it a rest already.

;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2007, 02:35:18 AM »
Rhino. A question. What is your job beside bbing?

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2007, 03:51:17 AM »
I don't get defensive...I just asked why he cared. He (and they) should focus on themselves. The athletes will dictate where they wish to compete.

And no, it ever crossed my mnd to compete elsewhere. I was only interesting in accomplishing what I started out to do...turn pro and compete with the best in the world (IFBB). The ONLY time I considered anything else, was when McMahon was considering adding two amateurs to the WBF line-up..Myself and Paul DeMayo with a guaranteed contract...it ended up going belly-up anyways, before anything got going.

Bob, So do you always contradict yourself?   :o ;D 8)
\

RHINO290

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 05:56:34 AM »
Rhino. A question. What is your job beside bbing?

I currently work for Citigroup. But our division was just bought by a company called CIT.

RHINO290

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2007, 05:57:23 AM »
RHINO, two questions:

2. If you were somehow (I know, crazy thought) offered a Pro Card with the IFBB, instead of the PDI, would you rather compete there, and if so, why?

-Hedge

My goals are to make the top 10.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2007, 06:50:02 AM »
I currently work for Citigroup. But our division was just bought by a company called CIT.
Its very good to hear it.
So enjoy your pro career ;)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2007, 06:56:24 AM »
Why do you care?
Your evading the question.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2007, 07:22:51 AM »
I don't disagree with Chick with the way he defends the IFBB and it's athletes.  They' re the ones that pay him, and put food on the table.  If you worked for Verzon, are u going to promote Cingular.  But Chick, you have to agree that another federation would promote competition, and as a result, it would make bodybuilding better as a whole.  It would give the athletes an alternative, and cause each federation to work that much harder.
An example would be when WCW with Ted Turner, beat WWE and McMahon in the ratings, and became it's competition.  That period had some of the most entertaining television in wrestling history.  It also gave the wrestlers an alternative if they were getting screwed from one company.
So, in the end, the wrestlers and the fans benefited.  And in bodybuilding, the same would happen, and if you are for the athletes, how can u go against this.......It's called free enterprise!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2007, 07:41:06 AM »
I don't disagree with Chick with the way he defends the IFBB and it's athletes.  They' re the ones that pay him, and put food on the table.  If you worked for Verzon, are u going to promote Cingular.  But Chick, you have to agree that another federation would promote competition, and as a result, it would make bodybuilding better as a whole.  It would give the athletes an alternative, and cause each federation to work that much harder.
An example would be when WCW with Ted Turner, beat WWE and McMahon in the ratings, and became it's competition.  That period had some of the most entertaining television in wrestling history.  It also gave the wrestlers an alternative if they were getting screwed from one company.
So, in the end, the wrestlers and the fans benefited.  And in bodybuilding, the same would happen, and if you are for the athletes, how can u go against this.......It's called free enterprise!

that is my point. chick should NOT be so close to the ifbb. weather they pay him directly or not he gets paid winning ifbb contests ect. to be an athlete representative and to have there interests in mind i don't think the athlete rep should be directly affilated with the ifbb

thats like the president of the teamsters being a supervisor on the company side
irongearco.com

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2007, 07:41:19 AM »
Chick, my man, I often agree with your comments but you couldn't be more wrong on this one. For Jack, it is already the same scenario. Doesn't make any dough against the scrubs now, so he really isn't hurt by Dexter winning. You can't make less than zero.

That what I don't get about the "Rhino" .

He gets all excited about potential defectors, when all it means to him is now he's 14th instead of 13th, he must truly be a nice person that it doesn't bother him at all.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2007, 07:45:29 AM »
That what I don't get about the "Rhino" .

He gets all excited about potential defectors, when all it means to him is now he's 14th instead of 13th, he must truly be a nice person that it doesn't bother him at all.

If top name bodybuilder went over, then that would mean sponsors would come over too.  That would mean more money for others in the PDI. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2007, 07:46:35 AM »

once again...for the 200th time....no one is saying competition would be a bad thing.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:36 AM »
If top name bodybuilder went over, then that would mean sponsors would come over too.  That would mean more money for others in the PDI. 

I guess. he does seem pretty adept at wrangling himself some sponsors for a dude that looks the way he does. Not trying to bash him, it is what it is.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2007, 08:03:34 AM »
once again...for the 200th time....no one is saying competition would be a bad thing.
You're saying that u are all for competition, meanwhile, what would the IFBB do to a top supplement company that decided to sponsor the PDI, and don't tell me thats part of competition.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2007, 08:12:57 AM »
You're saying that u are all for competition, meanwhile, what would the IFBB do to a top supplement company that decided to sponsor the PDI, and don't tell me thats part of competition.

I dont know...they dont seem to have any top supp companies.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:12 AM »
I don't know...they don't seem to have any top supp companies.
Well, why do u think they don't have any top companies.  It's because the IFBB would weed them out of their shows, and which supplement company can afford to be out of the Olympia, and the Arnold.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2007, 08:35:12 AM »
RHINO, two questions:

-Hedge

1. Try not to get last place

2. Lmao

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
Well, why do u think they don't have any top companies.  It's because the IFBB would weed them out of their shows, and which supplement company can afford to be out of the Olympia, and the Arnold.

there are a few reasons why....

1. some of these companies had to work with Wayne when he was with the IFBB...and now want nothing to do with him...

2. no ROI, basically, companies have to see a return for their dollar...not keep pandering to the same audience base.....

3. looks like most of their shows are going to be European based...ith most business coming from the states for many companies, it's not cost effective.

4. companies will take a "wait and see" approach...not just throw money away if it doesnt fit their demographics/ schedule/ budget/ etc.