Author Topic: Got my MRI back today...........  (Read 10213 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Got my MRI back today...........
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 10:05:10 AM »
 :-[

sandycoosworth

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »
WTF did you do to get this?

steroids

Mr. Intenseone

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 10:24:13 AM »
I'm old, and I squat heavy (or at least used too)!

haha it's called you don't know how to train properly, and you're a personal trainer..  ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 10:28:30 AM »
haha it's called you don't know how to train properly, and you're a personal trainer..  ::)

I think I said in a previous post I didn't have any injuries for 29 years, It's not improper training you imbecile!

sandycoosworth

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 10:31:05 AM »
I think I said in a previous post I didn't have any injuries for 29 years, It's not improper training you imbecile!

fixed!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »

so you've had these injuries for that long without going to the doctor?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 10:33:28 AM »

sandycoosworth

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 10:51:05 AM »
BLOW ME!

im not sure if your ailments are STD related so ill take a pass :D

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »
You know you're out of shape when you hurt yourself doing something that's not even a sport.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
You know you're out of shape when you hurt yourself doing something that's not even a sport.

It was hyperextended, had nothing to do with being out of shape........although the meniscus tear (which is common) was probably done earlier!

AVBG

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 11:55:33 AM »

like doin a rotator cuff playin chess

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 04:01:32 PM »
It was hyperextended, had nothing to do with being out of shape........although the meniscus tear (which is common) was probably done earlier!

Have you had a knee done before? I ask, because when you recover, you have to be very stubborn about getting back all range of motion before any scar tissue sets up. People who don't stretch it and regain ROM can end up worse that before. It's painfull. Light leg exts, while helping or lightly pressing down even helped me get the last bit of ROM back. I had chunks floating around in there that felt like I'd kneel on a nail. Nasty. That knee is now stronger than the other which is the dominant one. Good luck w/ it.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
Are you having a meniscectomy or are they going to try and repair it?
:

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »
Have you had a knee done before? I ask, because when you recover, you have to be very stubborn about getting back all range of motion before any scar tissue sets up. People who don't stretch it and regain ROM can end up worse that before. It's painfull. Light leg exts, while helping or lightly pressing down even helped me get the last bit of ROM back. I had chunks floating around in there that felt like I'd kneel on a nail. Nasty. That knee is now stronger than the other which is the dominant one. Good luck w/ it.

I had a meniscus repair 3 years ago on my right knee, I was told then that eventually the left one would have to be done, the last time my surgery was in the morning and I was back at work later that evening (against Dr's orders) and off my crutches within 48hrs, it is much stronger than before!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »
Are you having a meniscectomy or are they going to try and repair it?

Don't know yet, I see the Ortho this week!

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2007, 06:30:38 AM »
Sure it was worth it, I'm one of the very few who has trained as long as I have without any injuries for 29 years, I contribute this to just plain old wear and tear and a freak accident to set it off...............and what set it off you ask? I was giving my son a kiss goodnight and I hyperextended my knee on his bed frame, I heard a "pop" in my knee and said to myself "oh shit, that didn't sound right" :-\!!

I have been squating for 28 years and just had an MRI done Wednesday.  I have 5 degenerative discs and a couple that are slightly buldging.  Every time I squat it aggrivates my lower back but I know that it is best exercise for leg development.  It's an awful thing having the desire to do things knowing that your body can no longer handle it.  In my mind I don't feel any different than I did when I was in my early 20's but my body is another story.  Every health care practitioner I have seen, questions why I want to keep lifting.  I guess they just don't understand.  As you said it was worth it and not many people can say that they have been in the sport that long never  the less continued squatting for length of time.   Best of luck!!!