Author Topic: Hank Aaron's sentiments  (Read 1376 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Hank Aaron's sentiments
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:43:03 AM »

For most the past year, the media has done an effective job of putting words into Hank Aaron's mouth and only today was I actually able to hear his thoughts about Barry and the record 'chase'.  Every swingin' dick with a pencil or microphone has tried to make Americans feel that Aaron resented Bonds because he considered him a cheater, making a big deal of the fact that Aaron had no desire to be present on the record-breaking day or to follow Bonds' chase from stadium-to-stadium. 

Aaron states very simply that he wants the focus to be on Bonds and not on himself and recognizes that if he were present, it would detract from Bonds' day. 

This man is certainly one of the classiest of our lifetimes and as far as I'm concerned, he'll always be the home run king, regardless of how many Barry ends up with.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Hank Aaron's sentiments
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:34:02 AM »
Aaron is a totally classy guy, and it's true that the media as a whole really wants the anti-Bonds stuff to be the highlight.

Aaron will not be the homerun king to me, though.  Bonds will beat him with 2,500  :o less at bats.  Barry also played in an ERA where specialty relievers became the norm, sometimes having to face 3-4 different pitchers a game, all with different kinds of stuff.  Hank never had to deal with that.

*yes, Bonds is in the steroid era as well, but I think that argument's been covered.

Y

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:21 AM »

Wonder why the media has it in for Bonds?  And they love Jeter . . .

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:38:51 AM »
Jeter is a nice guy while Bonds is flaming asshole. Imagine if Bonds was nice..all this steroid talked would be muted..or atleast watered down. They all liked Sammy Sosa and he was a horrible team mate but came across as nice to the fans and media.
L

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »
Jeter is a nice guy while Bonds is flaming asshole. Imagine if Bonds was nice..all this steroid talked would be muted..or atleast watered down. They all liked Sammy Sosa and he was a horrible team mate but came across as nice to the fans and media.

of course jeter's nice. if i'd been w all the women he's been with, I would be the nicest guy on earth.  ;D

if you've seen a Barry moonshot from up close, you know you've been in the presence of greatness.  these media pricks have got to have seen it more often than a regular joe like me, and yet they hate. petty fucks.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:09:07 AM »
Barry=arrogant douchebag, probably the biggest current juicer (big fucking head)

Jeter=team player, leader, consistent stats that help his team win, actually runs the bases and plays the field hard

Barry will be surpassed by Arod unless something bad happens and then he will be a distant memory.  Nobody wanted him to break McGwire's record and nobody wants him to have this either.
Squishy face retard

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:20:45 AM »
For most the past year, the media has done an effective job of putting words into Hank Aaron's mouth and only today was I actually able to hear his thoughts about Barry and the record 'chase'.  Every swingin' dick with a pencil or microphone has tried to make Americans feel that Aaron resented Bonds because he considered him a cheater, making a big deal of the fact that Aaron had no desire to be present on the record-breaking day or to follow Bonds' chase from stadium-to-stadium. 

Aaron states very simply that he wants the focus to be on Bonds and not on himself and recognizes that if he were present, it would detract from Bonds' day. 

This man is certainly one of the classiest of our lifetimes and as far as I'm concerned, he'll always be the home run king, regardless of how many Barry ends up with.

Exactly, perfectly put.

I just found out yesterday that Bowie Kuhn the commissioner of baseball when Aaron broke the record didn't attend the game when Aaron hit 715.

Barry will be surpassed by Arod unless something bad happens and then he will be a distant memory.  Nobody wanted him to break McGwire's record and nobody wants him to have this either.

I completely agree. Arod will end up with somewhere around 820 when all is said and done and there'll be no question about steroids or hgh. He'll be the rightful homerun king.