Author Topic: Duke Lacrosse Case Charges to Be Dropped  (Read 4622 times)

body88

Re: Duke Lacrosse Case Charges to Be Dropped
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
Sharpton speaks for himself (as Colossus just essentially pointed out). 

Not when he says "the black community feels" before he says something. I don't see any African American people speaking out against him, or making it known he does not "speak" for the community.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »
Not when he says "the black community feels" before he says something. I don't see any African American people speaking out against him.

Colossus and Jag just said he doesn't represent them.  And how exactly is the "black community" supposed to speak out against a self appointed so-called representative?  They're all Americans.  There isn't some "black community" czar who can refute whatever Sharpton does or says.  There is no white, Asian, Hispanic, Polynesian, Middle Eastern, etc. representative either. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
People speak out against bush. Dont see many African Americans speaking out against Sharpton.

On a smaller level; how many in this thread did? I count 3.

88 - you see what the media wants you to see. No flame, but living where I do, where news is piped in from many nations, in many languages the differences are vast. Also, some boring geek professor saying Sharpton is an idiot, is not good news. Sharpton running around with his rhetoric is. Ratings make money.

That argument is not valid anyway. Although Bush is an idiot, he was voted into office by the American people. Sharpton is a radio host, who claims to speak for an entire community.

Aah, but 88 that makes the comparison more valid. You guys VOTED Bush in, which would lend credibility to the fact that he speaks for all of you. Sharpton just finagled his way into the media, we have never voted that twerp into any position.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »
Sharpton says the " the black community feels" all the time. I don't see many prominent African American leaders stepping out to let people know Al Sharpton does no speak for the "black community" like he claims to. Imus took the time to appear on Sharptons radio show. That kinda makes me think people see Sharpton as some kind of spokesperson. The cold hard truth is that Sharpton is a loud mouthed, racist, radio show host with an agenda. The guy is a total joke and embarrasses his race constantly.

That in itself might have been good enough reason to fire him. Advertisers garnered a huge marketshare which should have gone to those that advertised on Imus' show, ...instead Sharpton got the boost. Think about it... A shock jock creates a controversy, ...then pulls listeners to someone else's show? I'd have fired his ass too. If he's gonna create the controversy, he had better make it pay off, ...he didn't. The result was the opposite, and he became a liability.
w

body88

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
Colossus and Jag just said he doesn't represent them.  And how exactly is the "black community" supposed to speak out against a self appointed so-called representative?  They're all Americans.  There isn't some "black community" czar who can refute whatever Sharpton does or says.  There is no white, Asian, Hispanic, Polynesian, Middle Eastern, etc. representative either. 

While they very smart and successful people, Colossus and Jag are not prominent social leaders within the African American community. I don't like how Sharpton claims he speaks for an entire community. I never said there was a "representative" for a race, you did. I don't agree with the guy he is a scumbag. No one speaks out against him when he claims he speaks for an entire race.

I think this whole situation is quit hypocritical. What Imus said was wrong. Only thing is, all you have to do is purchase a rap cd by 1 of 1000 African American hip hop artists to hear the exact same shit.

I find it funny anyone takes the opinion of a guy serious who wanted to crucify 3 Caucasian lacrosse players before any evidence was provided to prove they where guilty. Turns out that slut lied and Sharpton does not have to answer to anyone. What a proponent of equal rights. Jus my opinion. I guess I jus really hate Sharpton and im pissed about it :-X :-\

body88

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:53 PM »

88 - you see what the media wants you to see. No flame, but living where I do, where news is piped in from many nations, in many languages the differences are vast. Also, some boring geek professor saying Sharpton is an idiot, is not good news. Sharpton running around with his rhetoric is. Ratings make money.

Aah, but 88 that makes the comparison more valid. You guys VOTED Bush in, which would lend credibility to the fact that he speaks for all of you. Sharpton just finagled his way into the media, we have never voted that twerp into any position.
[/b]

You make a great point here. I see what you are saying.

body88

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »
That in itself might have been good enough reason to fire him. Advertisers garnered a huge marketshare which should have gone to those that advertised on Imus' show, ...instead Sharpton got the boost. Think about it... A shock jock creates a controversy, ...then pulls listeners to someone else's show? I'd have fired his ass too. If he's gonna create the controversy, he had better make it pay off, ...he didn't. The result was the opposite, and he became a liability.

I have no problem with Imus getting canned. What he said was horribly inappropriate, and hurtful to those women. Of course offensive towards African Americans also. My beef lies in the fact that a guy like Sharpton can get on TV and claim he speaks for an entire community of people, and people take him serious. Imus felt the need to speak to Sharpton to apologize, I don't get that. Who is Sharpton? Why not meet with actual prominent leaders in the African American community? Sharpton claims he speaks for a community, and I fear some actually think he does. Sharpton has said things that could be compared to what Imus said. My main beef is his recent crusade against the Duke kids , and his blatent agenda.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »
Sharpton says the " the black community feels" all the time. I don't see many prominent African American leaders stepping out to let people know Al Sharpton does no speak for the "black community" like he claims to. Imus took the time to appear on Sharptons radio show. That kinda makes me think people see Sharpton as some kind of spokesperson. The cold hard truth is that Sharpton is a loud mouthed, racist, radio show host with an agenda. The guy is a total joke and embarrasses his race constantly.
That's because the mainstream media has people believing as such.  There are PLENTY of black leaders (believe it or not, there ARE conservative-minded leaders in the black community) who don't have the opportunistic mindset of an Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.   I listed quite a few of these leaders not too long ago. 

There just seems to be a overwhelming presence of ignorance when it comes to things like this.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 01:42:37 PM »
While they very smart and successful people, Colossus and Jag are not prominent social leaders within the African American community. I don't like how Sharpton claims he speaks for an entire community. I never said there was a "representative" for a race, you did. I don't agree with the guy he is a scumbag. No one speaks out against him when he claims he speaks for an entire race.

Who are these prominent social leaders?  I don't think anyone in this country is a spokesman for his or respective race.  

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »

Great post, CQ. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »
Who are these prominent social leaders?  I don't think anyone in this country is a spokesman for his or respective race.  
Another good point, Beach!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »

Aah, but 88 that makes the comparison more valid. You guys VOTED Bush in, which w could lend credibility to the fact premise that he speaks for all of you. Sharpton just finagled his way into the media, we have never voted that twerp into any position.

Well, to be honest, there's still a great deal of controversy surrounding the Bush 'vote'.  ;D
w

body88

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »

Yes there are NO prominent black leaders/people in this country to meet with. Instead he chose the great Al Sharpton. I never said there was certain "spokes person for the race". I said Sharpton claims he speaks for an entire community.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »
Yes there are NO prominent black leaders/people in this country to meet with. Instead he chose the great Al Sharpton. I never said there was certain "spokes person for the race". I said Sharpton claims he speaks for an entire community.
huh?  ??? 

Who chose Sharpton? 

body88

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »
huh?  ??? 

Who chose Sharpton? 

Imus...... He went on Sharptons show to apologize. Why? Imus had to have known it would only make things worse since Sharpton has an agenda. It blew things up even more. I don't understand why he would choose to appear on Sharptons radio show to say how sorry he was. Who exactly is Sharpton? Apparently some buy into him speaking for a community.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »

Thanks Colossus.   :)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
Imus...... He chose his show to apologize on. Why? he had to have known it would only make things worse since Sharpton has an agenda. It blew things up even more. I don't understand why he would choose to appear on Sharptons radio show to say how sorry he was. Who exactly is Sharpton? Apparently some buy into him speaking for a community.
Can't blame Imus for that.  He's much like the rest of the general population, who's too ignorant (and I don't mean that facetiously) of the fact that the mainstream media drives the perception that opportunistic sharks like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson represent the viewpoint of blacks. 

body88

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »
Can't blame Imus for that.  He's much like the rest of the general population, who's too ignorant (and I don't mean that facetiously) of the fact that the mainstream media drives the perception that opportunistic sharks like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson represent the viewpoint of blacks. 

I get all fired up over sharpton. Bill Oreilly to. Sorry fellas!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
You make a great point here. I see what you are saying.
Great post, CQ. 

TY to you both.

On a more important note, WTF is up with Sharptons hair? I mean seriously? Why does he perm it and wear it like a woman? That is an issue that needs dealing with :-\

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »
I get all fired up over sharpton. Bill Oreilly to. Sorry fellas!
I share your sentiments towards Sharpton, but I'm sorry, bro, I'm a big O'Reilly fan.  

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »
TY to you both.

On a more important note, WTF is up with Sharptons hair? I mean seriously? Why does he perm it and wear it like a woman? That is an issue that needs dealing with :-\
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Man, that was just brutal!  I busted out laughing, and I'm still cracking up as I type.  hahahahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

body88

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2007, 02:36:12 PM »
I share your sentiments towards Sharpton, but I'm sorry, bro, I'm a big O'Reilly fan.  

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
TY to you both.

James Brown.  They were apparently close friends and Sharpton started wearing his hair that way to honor The Godfather of Soul. 

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2007, 03:10:02 PM »
they should still be arrested.. your a fucking duke lacrosse player..so you hire the nastiest, skankiest stripper you can find to strip for you.. how pathetic, they cant get their own girls?
Ya, ok, good reason to get arrested........

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2007, 03:13:45 PM »
What difference does that make?  David Duke claims to speak for white people. 
David Duke?  When did he ever speak for the white people?  Is that why Sharpton is still around and Duke isn't.