Author Topic: Sports Illustrated's "Fortunate 50" story about the highest paid athletes.  (Read 1808 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2007/index.html

SI did a story about the highest paid athletes for 2007. Notice Tiger's nearly $112,000,000 income for 2007.  :o

Heard an interesting debate on who is the most overpaid athlete from that list. My vote goes to De La Hoya, $55,000,000 for one BORING and underwhelming fight is far too much. Talk about stealing money.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Tom Brady with his 3 rings and near the bottom....Vick near the top..what the hell has he done....Favre 1 SB win, 1 loss big deal.
L

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Tom Brady with his 3 rings and near the bottom....Vick near the top..what the hell has he done....Favre 1 SB win, 1 loss big deal.

does Vick's money include the profits from the dog ring?

I was watching SC last night and they had that black dude on there from Round The Horn saying that even if Vick is convicted for this he shouldn't be suspended. Said it was his forst offense...did someone forget the mary j in the water bottle?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
does Vick's money include the profits from the dog ring?

I was watching SC last night and they had that black dude on there from Round The Horn saying that even if Vick is convicted for this he shouldn't be suspended. Said it was his forst offense...did someone forget the mary j in the water bottle?

LOL

You ever wonder why Manny doesn't do any endorsements? The contract is worth $160 million but all those other guys on the list have giant contracts as well and they all do huge money in endorsement deals. Maybe he doesn't get any offers for them.

I never really understood the appeal of Vick as a quarterback, he's more of a circus side show when he's running the offense. His skills would be better utilized elsewhere. Except for his rocket launcher arm what skills does he have as a QB? He's not even accurate.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
LOL

You ever wonder why Manny doesn't do any endorsements? The contract is worth $160 million but all those other guys on the list have giant contracts as well and they all do huge money in endorsement deals. Maybe he doesn't get any offers for them.

I never really understood the appeal of Vick as a quarterback, he's more of a circus side show when he's running the offense. His skills would be better utilized elsewhere. Except for his rocket launcher arm what skills does he have as a QB? He's not even accurate.

Manny being Manny? LOL what is he going to sponsor, Big Red chew!! lol I love Manny as a player and love his laid back attitude, but his image isn't exactly something you want on cereal boxes! I bet his helmet is 3 sizes bigger than his head to get those dreads under there....he cracked me up yesterday, I think it was Abreu that doubled into the corner and Manny couldn't have been any more walk in the parkish going to get the ball...I love watching him
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Manny being Manny? LOL what is he going to sponsor, Big Red chew!! lol I love Manny as a player and love his laid back attitude, but his image isn't exactly something you want on cereal boxes! I bet his helmet is 3 sizes bigger than his head to get those dreads under there....he cracked me up yesterday, I think it was Abreu that doubled into the corner and Manny couldn't have been any more walk in the parkish going to get the ball...I love watching him

People love Manny, he could endorse anything. As much as he drives the purists crazy they still love him.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
People love Manny, he could endorse anything. As much as he drives the purists crazy they still love him.

Hey they have that new wine.....  Manny Ramirez (Manny Being Merlot), Curt Schilling (Schilling Schardonnay) and Tim Wakefield (CaberKnuckle Cabernet Sauvignon) are being marketed by Charity Wines under the Longball Vineyards label.
L

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Hey they have that new wine.....  Manny Ramirez (Manny Being Merlot), Curt Schilling (Schilling Schardonnay) and Tim Wakefield (CaberKnuckle Cabernet Sauvignon) are being marketed by Charity Wines under the Longball Vineyards label.

I need to get me some of those..I don't like wine but for collection reasons
gotta love life

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
...Vick near the top..what the hell has he done....

Torture pitbulls.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

He can barely speak english.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2007/index.html

SI did a story about the highest paid athletes for 2007. Notice Tiger's nearly $112,000,000 income for 2007.  :o

Heard an interesting debate on who is the most overpaid athlete from that list. My vote goes to De La Hoya, $55,000,000 for one BORING and underwhelming fight is far too much. Talk about stealing money.

I don't get it with Sharapova, she has lived most of her life in Florida FLED from Russia. CONTINUES to reside in Florida. But somehow says she is still a Russsian? If she was still a RUSSIAN wouldn't she choose to live their to show how RUSSIAN she supposedly is? ???