Author Topic: POWERLIFTING SQUAT ROUTINE!  (Read 5189 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
POWERLIFTING SQUAT ROUTINE!
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:08:58 AM »
TheHeckler has been helping me in my workout log but I'm wanting to find even more information on a powerlifting squat workout to help get my numbers up there.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: POWERLIFTING SQUAT ROUTINE!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:03:12 AM »
TheHeckler has been helping me in my workout log but I'm wanting to find even more information on a powerlifting squat workout to help get my numbers up there.

Squat twice a week.

First workout you rotate on a three week schedule. Use the same amount of reps in all workouts. If you want to focus on getting a big 1RM awhile, do 3's. Or building some mass, 5's.

week 1
light (60%) 4 sets squats

week 2
moderate 3 sets squats

week 3
Heavy (go for the PB)
1 negative triple with approx 110% of your 1RM

On the second workout, you can do 2-3 sets of moderate heavy front squats (go really deep) and alternate that with hack squats, same type of weight. It works well to start off this workout with deadlifts, or bring these in during the main benchpress workout of the week. You could also do the calf work in this workout.

Make sure to do heavy ab work twice a week.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: POWERLIFTING SQUAT ROUTINE!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:45:16 AM »
Yeah, most people don't understand that working abs is vital to your Squat routine ( abs are vital to everything really ) because it's your core ... you have to hit your core ! Because of me hitting my abs before my Squats I was able to lift more. Good post, Hedgehog.