Author Topic: April 2007 third deadliest month of the war. Surge! Surge!  (Read 3879 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: April 2007 third deadliest month of the war. Surge! Surge!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »
There's something we should remember here or at least acknowledge which is the distinction between the US military fighting a "army" vs. fighting an insurgency.

They are 2 very different things.

If we were fighting an "army" the war would have ended long ago, about 1 month after it started.  But we are not fighting an army we are waging a counter insurgency.  Our great military isn't designed for that.  What we should do is hand the whole thing over to Blackwater.  They are subject to any laws.

So comparing our half trillion annual budget to people shitting in cans isn't realistic.

This is a good point and a fair exception to Ribo's point. All I'll say is that it doesn't matter who is killing our soldiers, they're still dying. And sadly at a higher rate than before.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 02:50:47 AM »
what??? what are you talking about...Ribo could care less how many die, so I don't know why he posts it like he does...I think 3,000+ in 4 years is a more than acceptable....fuck you if you don't pussy. You weren't man enough to persevere until victory so your ass got out...good riddance....at least you realized when you couldn't hack any more, Guess what there are 100 more medics to take your spot...

Sorry, no Medic here..........I'm a Surgeon, specializing in Trauma.

I was one of a few Docs, who worked both in the field and base, to help the GI's.

With the heavy use of IED's in theater.......many times, soldiers get caught under vehicles or inside the mangeled wrecks, and amutations must be performed on site. This is the type of "medic" work I did.

MM69, ever do an amutation while under heavy fire?  It's not pleasant.

Hope this helps your understanding.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 07:09:38 AM »
There's something we should remember here or at least acknowledge which is the distinction between the US military fighting a "army" vs. fighting an insurgency.

If we were fighting an "army" the war would have ended long ago, about 1 month after it started.  But we are not fighting an army we are waging a counter insurgency.  Our great military isn't designed for that.  What we should do is hand the whole thing over to Blackwater.  They are subject to any laws.

So comparing our half trillion annual budget to people shitting in cans isn't realistic.

FUCKING BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »

I was one of a few Docs, who worked both in the field and base, to help the GI's.

With the heavy use of IED's in theater.......many times, soldiers get caught under vehicles or inside the mangeled wrecks, and amputations must be performed on site. This is the type of "medic" work I did.

I've only seen one surgical amputation in my life, and it wasn't pretty. I can't even imagine having to do one in the field.   

Got a new respect for you, man.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »
comparing our half trillion annual budget to people shitting in cans isn't realistic.

Yes, I'm sure we all wish we were fighting a nice standing army we could wipe out and be done with - rather than a fluid native resistance that will only harden in resolve the longer we keep fucking with them.

But that - to paraphrase a not-very-wise man - is the war we have.

And acknowledging that it's a war we can't win is what I call very realistic.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 07:38:14 AM »
...I think 3,000+ in 4 years is a more than acceptable....fuck you if you don't pussy.

You are the buffalo that mocked PETA.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 08:41:34 AM »

With the heavy use of IED's in theater.......many times, soldiers get caught under vehicles or inside the mangeled wrecks, and amutations must be performed on site. This is the type of "medic" work I did.

Well, not that it means anything but you have my respect. I would imagine that particular occupation takes more intestinal fortitude than 99.999% of the population could muster.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »
Well, not that it means anything but you have my respect. I would imagine that particular occupation takes more intestinal fortitude than 99.999% of the population could muster.

ditto...i appreciate everything you do and have done for the military

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »

Ok...So doesn't that mean our administration and Joint Chiefs should have realized that fighting this thing would be long and bloody and not try and throw shock and awe down our throat and think this would be 1991 all over again? i say yes..and i say they screwed  it up royally from day one..if you do it, do it  right or don't do it at all..don't fight war on the cheap and i don't care what headhunter six or MM69 say but this war shouldn't have been fought..period, end of story..that's not being defeatist or fascist or any other bullshit term thrown around here..that's reality..we should have pounded afghanistan and turned it into New York East---instead the clowns in the bush admin try and connect saddam with al-qaeda, bin laden, hitler, stalin, tojo and every other wacked out leader in the world and the garbage never added up...then the dumbasses invade a  country that had been war planned for in 1991 for up to 500,000 men...and we send 140,000 in there? please...those are the facts and the facts can't be argued with.  Everybody treats looking at reality like you want our armed forces to walk out of iraq dragging their asses but that so far from the truth is silly to even discuss.
footloose and fancy free

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »
my big bro there is just like what brings it home

My good wishes to him & your family ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 10:25:38 AM »
My good wishes to him & your family ;)
here is a pic of my bro and my sis together...eva was like 15 there