Author Topic: "The Gift" offseason  (Read 8820 times)

Andrew Smith

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: "The Gift" offseason
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »
He looks to be making great improvements.  Quads and chest are always gonna be trouble areas.  The insertion gods just weren't that friendly.  However back and calves are getting better, arms look insane as always.  A shame he's not doing the Olympia this year.

Actually he has great legs all the way around.  The insertion gods were very friendly.  He has great size, shape, and separation in the quadriceps.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2007, 03:53:29 AM »
phil looks much better off season, he's too skinny in this picture, need to work on his shoulders real bad

Shoulders? Oh, yeah, the things Heath's arms are attached to...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2007, 04:23:14 AM »
He coulda been 3rd at the Arnold and no one would have blinked.   It was that close, and it looks like he's taking on those trouble areas.

Guys like Branch, Toney, Dexter, even Vic ( #3 thru 10 at the Olympia level)... they're NOT going to change/improve much between the Arnold and the Olympia.  They've competed for a decade or more and have essentially neared their physical limitations.  Phil isn't going to peak for 5 years.  He CAN make a jump over 2-3 of the same guys from the Arnold, at the Olympia, by showing the judges he's better than last time, while everyone else has the same thing they brought to the table last time.

Yeah Phil is good and in the future will most likely be a annual contender in the O but god damn you kiss his ass way to much. I mean ok you helped him with some work or whatever but no need to over hype and already over hyped person. No one is doubting that he doesn't have a shot at being a future Mr. O but this is not his year and either is next year maybe by the time these 5 years are up you mention he will be in the top three at the O. BTW I think Dennis Wolf will be better ;)
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2007, 04:26:47 AM »
He looks to be making great improvements.  Quads and chest are always gonna be trouble areas.  The insertion gods just weren't that friendly.  However back and calves are getting better, arms look insane as always.  A shame he's not doing the Olympia this year.

Never seen much of a problem with his great legs or great calves. If anything he needs to keep on that back and chest. You do still follow BBing right ???
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2007, 04:33:32 AM »
I don't think 240 is hyping me up, it is just that he realizes how far I've come along in such a short time period that's all. Also, genetically superior means what because there are many many variables involved that aren't adding up ok, especially since Victor and Melvin along with every pro has evolved over their many years of training. I haven't even come close to those years in the gym, so I'm kind of playing in a game of catch-me-if-you-can, which for most I have, but not all yet. I also think Victor, Melvin along with every pro has their strengths and weakenesses which makes them spectacular (some more than others) however we are so very different at the same time. When I competed against Victor it was well apparent that he has that OMG appearance, which is what I think we all want on stage.

I think we all realize how far youv'e come but we also realize within another 1-2 years your not gonna just up and surpass all those who are now top contenders. Conditioning wise yeah you could def beat some at but you don't just pack on 20lbs of quality 'muslce' overnight without looking soft unless your a complete beginner to weight training. Having said that I do think you will by 30 or so be one of the top contenders out there if not Mr. O but only time will tell cause you never know what could happen.
I

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »
Bigger is Better!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 07:58:18 AM »
hahahaha, some of the clowns in this thread make me laugh, Phil Heath looks absolutely UNREAL all the way around in every bodypart and all you guys do is nitpick on what's supposedly "wrong" with him, unbelievable.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »
hahahaha, some of the clowns in this thread make me laugh, Phil Heath looks absolutely UNREAL all the way around in every bodypart and all you guys do is nitpick on what's supposedly "wrong" with him, unbelievable.

dave you use to be one of the first to put people and pros down. you even grilled milos.

because you've been exposed as mediocre at best you have become more humble. but i mean, you use to do the same shit only worse.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »
dave you use to be one of the first to put people and pros down. you even grilled milos.

because you've been exposed as mediocre at best you have become more humble. but i mean, you use to do the same shit only worse.
the only thing i "grilled" Milos on was his arms and attitude and i stand by my comments on his arms, even he will admit that they were subpar compared to the rest of his body and his competitors and i have apologized to him for my insults because i realize that he is actually one of the nicer more giving people on here.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »
the only thing i "grilled" Milos on was his arms and attitude and i stand by my comments on his arms,

...and his workout routines.....busted with your hand in the chip bag!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »

...and his workout routines.....busted with your hand in the chip bag!

ROFL
Here comes the money shot

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »
Yea Phil, you dont look big next to me ;D
no shawn phil dwarfs you as did ,ronnie,flex,nasser,dorian,paul,kevin,jay,you get the picture quitter. phil is gonna be a hall of famer for sure
i

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/philheaththegiftdvd.html

Check out these arms:

And this is a guy weighing 222 at 5'9-5'10?  Crazy arms.

Probably 250s.

Matt, do you work out?  :-\
Don't let em fool ya

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2007, 06:14:19 PM »

Matt, do you work out?  :-\

that all depends on how you define working out.

in the broad sense of things the answer is yes, but if you actually mean stepping into a gym and lifting weights then it is a big NO
Here comes the money shot

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 06:43:50 PM »
Yea Phil, you dont look big next to me ;D

Ok Shawn you're right. Wanna race because I've seen your video and I think I can beat you.  ;D

Take care and have fun at the FIBO, I'm gonna have to go next year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 06:56:15 PM »
Ok Shawn you're right. Wanna race because I've seen your video and I think I can beat you.  ;D

If it's a race to a buffet or a dollar on the floor, my money's on Shawn!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »
If it's a race to a buffet or a dollar on the floor, my money's on Shawn!

Damn Lol  ;D

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »
that all depends on how you define working out.

in the broad sense of things the answer is yes, but if you actually mean stepping into a gym and lifting weights then it is a big NO

Are you serious? If so then why is this guy so interested in bodybuilding and bodybuilders?  :-\
Don't let em fool ya

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »
phil is a phenominal athlete cant wait to see what the future holds.
i