Author Topic: Ok, on Racism in this forum.  (Read 3327 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Ok, on Racism in this forum.
« on: April 15, 2007, 04:29:06 PM »
The mods have had to remove a lot of posts over the last week. If you're here to talk about racism... good! it needs to be talked about.  It's a valid thing to talk about.  But if you're here to spread a hate message it will be deleted.  You can talk about how unfair it is, that there is racism against whites too, that sharpton is a fool, but we're going to draw the line when the remarks themselves are racist.  You can talk about what happened to  Don Imus all day but we're going to remove your remarks if you're using Don Imus as a recruitment tool for white power organizations.  This is not a place to launch your hate campaign.

If some continue to push this line the only thing you will be pushing for is all talk on Racism to be banned and that would be a huge mistake IMO.  I think you all know where the line is, please stop crossing it.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Ok, on Racism in this forum.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »
True.  I think you should have us post a sticky thread of all the racist words that we cannot use or are considered racist so we can check before posting.  I mean technically calling someone an OREO or TWINKY is racist but not generally offensive to most.  Speak on this.

Added:  BTW, I do not consider "Porch Monkey" a racial slur and I'm taking it back.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 09:33:06 PM »
True.  I think you should have us post a sticky thread of all the racist words that we cannot use or are considered racist so we can check before posting.  I mean technically calling someone an OREO or TWINKY is racist but not generally offensive to most.  Speak on this.

Added:  BTW, I do not consider "Porch Monkey" a racial slur and I'm taking it back.
There is no need for a list.  It's in how you use the word, not the word.  The policy is clear and simple, I don't know why people are having a hard time understanding this.  EXAMPLE: A discussion on the hypocrisy of the term Jigaboo being ok on Southpark but not ok in other areas is ok.  It is discussing the issue.  That does not mean it's ok to call someone a jigaboo on this forum.  ¿Comprende?  If this is so difficult or if people seem hell bent on coming up with clever ways to cross the line, the mods and Ron may just ban all discussion of racism and again I don't want it to come to that, that would be a big mistake.  Racism is a very important political issue and it would be lousy for a few people to ruin it for everyone else.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:57:40 PM »
There is no need for a list.  It's in how you use the word, not the word.  The policy is clear and simple, I don't know why people are having a hard time understanding this.  EXAMPLE: A discussion on the hypocrisy of the term Jigaboo being ok on Southpark but not ok in other areas is ok.  It is discussing the issue.  That does not mean it's ok to call someone a jigaboo on this forum.  ¿Comprende?  If this is so difficult or if people seem hell bent on coming up with clever ways to cross the line, the mods and Ron may just ban all discussion of racism and again I don't want it to come to that, that would be a big mistake.  Racism is a very important political issue and it would be lousy for a few people to ruin it for everyone else.
It was a legitimate question.  Is it just directing the word at a member like making reference to Jag as a..."insert word" or Cap as a "insert word" or using the word like saying "those damn zipper heads"?  Please clarify.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »
It was a legitimate question.  Is it just directing the word at a member like making reference to Jag as a..."insert word" or Cap as a "insert word" or using the word like saying "those damn zipper heads"?  Please clarify.
I explained it very clear.  You don't know when you're making a racist remark or a remark that is commonly considered racist?  I don't believe that for a second.   I don't see that anything needs clarified.  It's clear as hell.  If you don't understand a very clearly stated policy, then don't post on race issues.  If you want to post something but you're really not sure if it crosses the line, pm one of us and ask.  It shouldn't take long to learn the difference between making a racist remark and discussing race/racism.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 10:19:44 PM »
I explained it very clear.  You don't know when you're making a racist remark or a remark that is commonly considered racist?  I don't believe that for a second.   I don't see that anything needs clarified.  It's clear as hell.  If you don't understand a very clearly stated policy, then don't post on race issues.  If you want to post something but you're really not sure if it crosses the line, pm one of us and ask.  It shouldn't take long to learn the difference between making a racist remark and discussing race/racism.
Well I know what a racist remark is and usually it is directed at another.  In light of recent events, calling someone nappy haired is racist which I don't agree with and if I use it or some other remark then yes you do need to clarify but you can do it via PM.  BTW, you need to chill out on this.  It was a legit question.  Seriously.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 10:22:15 PM »

I agree.  We're all adults.  Everyone, including you cap, knows what Berserker is talking about. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
Well I know what a racist remark is and usually it is directed at another.  In light of recent events, calling someone nappy haired is racist which I don't agree with and if I use it or some other remark then yes you do need to clarify but you can do it via PM.  BTW, you need to chill out on this.  It was a legit question.  Seriously.
I am chilled out... This is the way I always talk, you know that ;)  Berserker is as Berserker does.  We don't need to clarify anything, it's clear and it's not about what you agree with.  Again the policy is clear, if someone is having repeated problems with it, the mods may get together and approve a ban on that member.  It really shouldn't come to that.  We're here, if you're unsure, pm one of us.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 04:13:42 AM »
For crying out loud, simply don't call anyone names that have racial undertones, posting a list of words not to use is 'teh ghey'. Stick to the good old fashioned basics like fool, moron, loser etc. Or one could even try not name calling at all....you idiots ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

It is very simple - racism exists. We can talk about it, discuss it, but stop with being a racist. We all know the difference.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
Lol, wow.  Hahaha.  You guys need a shot of Jack or something.  I guarantee I could make a nonracist remark and be called a racist on here.  THAT is my point.  I know what Berserker is talking about BB and others, my POINT was that there are things that extend beyond calling someone a NIG NOG or COON.  Fair enough?
Squishy face retard

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

Is it racist to say that, on average, the Blacks who post here are far more composed and intelligent than the Whites who post here? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »
Is it racist to say that, on average, the Blacks who post here are far more composed and intelligent than the Whites who post here? 

I would interpret that as trying to establish a racial stereotype based on opinion.  But not exactly a racial slur.

In others words:  It's walking the line  :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 04:32:26 PM »
It's definitely not fair to say, I can think of quite a few whites posting here that are composed and seem pretty intelligent.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »
Blacks have not been immune here Tre, just yesterday I deleted a post calling for our extintion.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »
Not to be ghey, but thanks to the mods here for trying to reduce the racist flaming. This "sista" appreciates it ;)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »
Not to be ghey, but thanks to the mods here for trying to reduce the racist flaming. This "sista" appreciates it ;)
Lol.  Do you ever make racial remarks outside this forum?
Squishy face retard

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 05:42:44 AM »
The mods have had to remove a lot of posts over the last week. If you're here to talk about racism... good! it needs to be talked about.  It's a valid thing to talk about.  But if you're here to spread a hate message it will be deleted.  You can talk about how unfair it is, that there is racism against whites too, that sharpton is a fool, but we're going to draw the line when the remarks themselves are racist.  You can talk about what happened to  Don Imus all day but we're going to remove your remarks if you're using Don Imus as a recruitment tool for white power organizations.  This is not a place to launch your hate campaign.

If some continue to push this line the only thing you will be pushing for is all talk on Racism to be banned and that would be a huge mistake IMO.  I think you all know where the line is, please stop crossing it.

The only difference in whites and blacks is the pigment in the skin, nothing more.  My biggest prayer would be for racism to be totally gone.  I've dated black girls, I was deeply in love with one that passed away suddenly, I miss her each day.
Racism is for people whose IQ is below 50.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 05:44:20 AM »

I applaud you for taking this stand, you and all the moderators.  Even someone posting we need a WET television channel since blacks have BET, that is nothing but a pure racist statement.  We already have WET television, its called NBC, CBS, ABC.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 06:40:36 AM »
I applaud you for taking this stand, you and all the moderators.  Even someone posting we need a WET television channel since blacks have BET, that is nothing but a pure racist statement.  We already have WET television, its called NBC, CBS, ABC.
Well what do you think UPN and WB are?
Squishy face retard

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 06:54:43 AM »
Well what do you think UPN and WB are?

Who cares?  its probably 2000 to 1, the number of stations that cater to white america as oposed to black america, i have no problem with stations on the air that tend to cater to african-americans, do you?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

sandycoosworth

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »
why the fuck was my post deleted?

ill say it again, insecure negros who feel inferior to the rest of humanity fill rons box with complaints so he caters to them to shut them up ... check the thread on the board comments board if you dont believe me ... thats why its not a big deal if you say any other slur but the black cant be said

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »
Who cares?  its probably 2000 to 1, the number of stations that cater to white america as oposed to black america, i have no problem with stations on the air that tend to cater to african-americans, do you?

I argree 100% as long as its fair. If someone wanted to make a 100% all white station and talk about all the issues surrounding white people (ok that made me laugh a little) then that should be ok also. Having a support of your ethnic background is a great concept as long as its the same for everybody.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »
I argree 100% as long as its fair. If someone wanted to make a 100% all white station and talk about all the issues surrounding white people (ok that made me laugh a little) then that should be ok also. Having a support of your ethnic background is a great concept as long as its the same for everybody.
Dude, ABC, NBC, CBS, theres your white channels.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »
why the fuck was my post deleted?

ill say it again, insecure negros who feel inferior to the rest of humanity fill rons box with complaints so he caters to them to shut them up ... check the thread on the board comments board if you dont believe me ... thats why its not a big deal if you say any other slur but the #### cant be said

Probably because you are a racist pig and not worth the air you breathe.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo