Author Topic: Wondering why gas prices are up after the mid-term elections??  (Read 1855 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Bush hired the CEO (Henry Paulson) of the largest trading firm in the world (Goldman Sachs) in July 06 to become Treasury Secretary.

Once hired, Paulson had Goldman Sachs unload 80% of their unleaded gasoline holdings just before the Nov. elections to help Bush and the GOP. Remember Bush touting how gas prices were soooooooo much lower? Least we forget, gas was $1.10 when Bush took office.

Anyway, once G.S. unloaded 80% their unleaded gas holdings, all other trading firms followed. Thus, gas prices dropped 1.00 per gallon prior to the election. Just what Bush ordered errrrr wanted. 

Now that the Nov. election is in the rearview mirror.....G.S. and other firms are buying their unleaded gas positions back. The result is clear to see.....prices are back thru the roof, and Bush & Co. could care less.

You gotta love this P.O.S. in the W.H.  ::)

BTW......That info. comes straight from the floor at the NYSE.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Wondering why gas prices are up after the mid-term elections??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »
i smell cricket stew.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »
i smell cricket stew.

I'd love to see Mr. Limbaughone's response to these FACTS.

Do I hear Crickets?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 09:46:27 AM »
found an old article about him.  i had no idea he was a big-time environmentalist supporter.

Does Paulson represent you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 6, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern
By Joseph Farah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

It's official.

The Bush administration is not about representing you, me and other average American taxpayers and citizens.

It is instead about representing wealth, privilege, multinational corporations, oppressive and tyrannical foreign regimes and the kind of misguided "globalism" that brought us the illegal-immigration crisis – the No. 1 threat to our domestic tranquility, freedom and sovereignty.

I say it's official because of the nomination by President Bush of Henry M. Paulson as Treasury secretary. The late comedian Pat Paulsen would have been a better appointment.

What's wrong with this Paulson?

He is a near billionaire and chairman of Goldman Sachs, hardly the kind of credentials that permit him to be in touch with the heartbeat of the average American.

He comes to the job, according to all accounts, with the idea of battling "protectionism." Translation? He's not there to protect the interests of American citizens and American workers and American sovereignty.

He boasts of visiting China more than 70 times since 1990. But he has not visited the gulags. He has not visited the peasants of that Stalinist state. He has not visited the dissidents and the political prisoners or the slave labor camps. He has, instead, visited the fascistic rulers in Beijing. He's made deals with them. He's in bed with them.

"He knows the Chinese leaders, he knows how the economy works, he knows of the benefits for American companies operating in China, and he knows about the competitive challenges," explains Robert Hormats, vice chairman of Goldman Sachs.

In fact, Bush wooed Paulson for the job by inviting him to tea with Chinese tyrant Hu Jintao in April. Here's the way the New York Times phrased it: "Perhaps no Treasury secretary would bring closer ties to China than Paulson would."

Paulson is also a major donor and supporter for wacko environmentalists. He gave $100,000 to the League of Conservation Voters since 1999. In 2004, the group actively supported John Kerry for president. His wife gave $900,000 to the group, according to Federal Election Commission and Internal Revenue Service records.

He believes in global warming and that human activities are responsible, calling it "one of the most significant environmental challenges of the 21st century."

The New York Times reports: "Paulson would bring some divergent views to the administration, including support for more aggressive action on global warming than Bush has supported."

This is the guy, Bush told us, who would serve as his "principal adviser on the broad range of domestic and international economic issues that affect the well-being of all Americans."

Do you think he will represent you?

He has also served as chairman of the Nature Conservancy, which is under investigation for financial misdealings that benefited its officers and donors. The group has also, more importantly, worked feverishly to turn millions of acres of productive private land into federally owned land – and make huge profits doing it.

"The Nature Conservancy is one of the most feared environmental groups throughout rural America," explains R.J. Smith of the Competitive Enterprise Institute. "While promoting itself as a 'private' conservation group, small landowners, family farmers, ranchers and tree farmers know it as a strong-arm real estate agent for the federal government. It acquires land at fire-sale prices from landowners bankrupted by environmental regulations, then turns around and sells most of it to the federal government at inflated prices. The last thing America needs is more range and forest land for the federal government to mismanage and burn down."

Think eminent domain on steroids.

Think another big betrayal of the people's trust.

Think sellout of the Constitution.

Think catering to power rather than truth.

That's what the nomination of Paulson represents.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »
paulson represents longterm US imperialism and cooperation with a very scary china.

he could care less about you or I, but our interests do sit on the same plane as his - an America which survives in the global economy. 

and i'm glad he went to china - the more we know about the SOBs the more we win against them.  And yes, we all know he gave Bush lower gas prices for the election.  But he's the prick of an uncle you don't like, but you know the family needs.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »
Not that I don't believe this could happen or did happen but any links to this information or an investigative report? Something to substantiate the claims?

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:07:29 AM »
Not that I don't believe this could happen or did happen but any links to this information or an investigative report? Something to substantiate the claims?

If your looking for this information on the front page of the NY Times, forget it.

This information is straight from the NYSE traders.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:40:35 AM »
Bush hired the CEO (Henry Paulson) of the largest trading firm in the world (Goldman Sachs) in July 06 to become Treasury Secretary.

Once hired, Paulson had Goldman Sachs unload 80% of their unleaded gasoline holdings just before the Nov. elections to help Bush and the GOP. Remember Bush touting how gas prices were soooooooo much lower? Least we forget, gas was $1.10 when Bush took office.

Anyway, once G.S. unloaded 80% their unleaded gas holdings, all other trading firms followed. Thus, gas prices dropped 1.00 per gallon prior to the election. Just what Bush ordered errrrr wanted. 

Now that the Nov. election is in the rearview mirror.....G.S. and other firms are buying their unleaded gas positions back. The result is clear to see.....prices are back thru the roof, and Bush & Co. could care less.

You gotta love this P.O.S. in the W.H.  ::)

BTW......That info. comes straight from the floor at the NYSE.

Where is all that Iraqi oil we stole?  that should make gas 25 cents a gallon!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »
You know, I talked to my dad who is a sales manager at an energy corporation, and I told him about the large percentage of Americans who actually think that prices went down because of the midterm election, and he said that was probably the most stupid thing he ever heard of in his life. Did it ever occur to you that we had an unusually mild hurricane season? And that demand goes WAY down during the fall every year? Does George Bush control oil prices all around the world? Did George Bush call up the CEO of EXXON and tell him, "Hey, an election is coming up and I need some lower oil prices. ."   "Hey, sure George, anything for you, -- my company's stock will plunge and my shareholders wont be too happy, but what the hell......"  . Give me a break.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 12:22:18 AM »
You know, I talked to my dad who is a sales manager at an energy corporation, and I told him about the large percentage of Americans who actually think that prices went down because of the midterm election, and he said that was probably the most stupid thing he ever heard of in his life. Did it ever occur to you that we had an unusually mild hurricane season? And that demand goes WAY down during the fall every year? Does George Bush control oil prices all around the world? Did George Bush call up the CEO of EXXON and tell him, "Hey, an election is coming up and I need some lower oil prices. ."   "Hey, sure George, anything for you, -- my company's stock will plunge and my shareholders wont be too happy, but what the hell......"  . Give me a break.

Why do people feel the need to belittle others with sarcastic parodies of their opinions, when faced with a plausible rational defense of a position they may disagree with?
w

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 04:59:18 AM »

I guess Bush & Co just got lucky that prices dropped 1.00 before the elections huh? Gas usually goes HIGHER in the summer/fall due to Americans traveling. Hurricanes now decide price?

If Goldman Sachs (the largest trading firm in the world) sells 80% of it unleaded gasoline stock, and other trading firms follow the leader (GS) Prices will drop for the time period needed. This is how the price of gas was manipulated before the Nov election.

In the last 100 years, prior to Bush taking office, gas prices in the US averaged $1.10. Currently, prices are OVER 4.00 per gallon in Ca. So, in 6 yrs under the guidance of our "energy president" the price of fuel is UP over 300%.

Please have you daddy explain that??

Let's NOT forget the RECORD profits gas and oil companies are pocketing under Bush & Cheney.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 05:35:12 AM »
I hope gas goes to 10 bucks a gallon and gets these idiotic kids off the highways and city streets, let fucking kids ride bikes again, sick of their rap music blaring at redlights.  Raise gas to 10 BUCKS A GALLON!  I CAN AFFORD IT!  FUCK THOSE THAT CAN'T, WALK!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 06:37:35 AM »
I hope gas goes to 10 bucks a gallon and gets these idiotic kids off the highways and city streets, let fucking kids ride bikes again, sick of their rap music blaring at redlights.  Raise gas to 10 BUCKS A GALLON!  I CAN AFFORD IT!  FUCK THOSE THAT CAN'T, WALK!

*cue guitar solo from deliverance.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »
Gas is about $7 [US] a gallon here. I am amused when I see ppl complain about $3/4 :D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Gas is about $7 [US] a gallon here. I am amused when I see ppl complain about $3/4 :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that the extra tax on your fuel, funds healthcare for your citizens?

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
yeah, gas is really expensive again.

If it's high this novemeber, but really cheap in 2008, then I'm going to really keep that in mind in 2012.
Addicted to the Steal

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 09:10:29 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that the extra tax on your fuel, funds healthcare for your citizens?

I'm not too sure, sorry to be dumb :-[

I'm not sure if fuel is taxed high, we get our most our tax income from tax haven stuff & international businesses domiciled here I know. I thought maybe it was correlated with having to bring it in by boat, and our low purchasing power?

It's cool, though. As it is so small, gas lasts forever here anyway. Could drive around the whole nation in 40 mins, literally.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »

ouch!  :o
w