Author Topic: Epic owning in Virginia Tech  (Read 15648 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Epic owning in Virginia Tech
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2007, 01:56:45 PM »
Bottom line is that guns cause violence

I like the rest of your argument, but I'm not sure about this statement.

A gun is a tool.  A nailgun, a car, or a screwdriver are also tools.  All 4 can kill.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »
I like the rest of your argument, but I'm not sure about this statement.

A gun is a tool.  A nailgun, a car, or a screwdriver are also tools.  All 4 can kill.

Yep, ...it's all in how you use them.

Bricks, hammers, saws, nails, screwdrivers, 2 by 4's, etc. can all be used to create tremendous damage,
...however when used properly, they can also build you a house.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2007, 04:40:50 PM »

Bricks, hammers, saws, nails, screwdrivers, 2 by 4's, etc. can all be used to create tremendous damage,

Guns can free your country from Tyrannical oppression... Building a house vs. overthrowing tyranny... You tell me which is better.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2007, 04:42:29 PM »
Guns can free your country from Tyrannical oppression... Building a house vs. overthrowing tyranny... You tell me which is better.

{pssst} ...you're preaching to the choir.  :P
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »
{pssst} ...you're preaching to the choir.  :P

{psst}... It was a general "you". :D

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
Bottom line is that guns cause violence, but people are ultimately pulling the strings. To have certain freedoms, you must put up with certain things such as school shootings and other assorted gun crimes. That's the way I see it and I support the second amendment because I believe some guy who couldn't get laid and shot up a school shouldn't infringe upon the freedoms of law abiding gun owners.
Bottom line is that guns doesn't do anything without some bozo pulling the trigger. I have roomful of guns, with just about every caliber they make, but when I leave the room nothing happen there. They doesn't start to shoot by them self, but I have to admit that some of those big bore rifles look somewhat angry. Anyway, no matter if we are talking knives, axes or Uzis, they start to be dangerous only when they are in hands of somebody. In USA you have done guns just one common household object, and you have lowered threshold to use one so low, that it is common to use guns at road rage incidents and family feuds. Your society is so filled with guns, that it is insane. Only outcome from that is firearm related violence.

Guns doesn't increase your safety in these days, because everybody have them, and if you pull out a gun to protect yourself, it just means that you have gunfight on your hands, and threatening party usually have more experience about killing. What are those certain freedoms what you are talking about? Freedom to bully next guy using gun? Freedom to carry a gun, including a right to be killed by one in first incident where you try to use it. How many death that is worth of? What is fair price for that freedom? Current bet is just under 90 000 lives per year, but that have to be too low, because you are willing to pay it, and more during this year.

Have you ever try to think how they can live in other countries, where people doesn't have such rights, no school killings, no drive by shootings, no gang violence, no serial killers, no idiots carrying a gun just to shoot you for first excuse they get. How real is your freedom if you have to have your own gun to maintain it? Only what you really have is freedom to be scared and ready to defence yourself in 24/7, and your nation is only place in earth where that is called freedom.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2007, 05:46:03 PM »
Bottom line is that guns doesn't do anything without some bozo pulling the trigger. I have roomful of guns, with just about every caliber they make, but when I leave the room nothing happen there. They doesn't start to shoot by them self, but I have to admit that some of those big bore rifles look somewhat angry. Anyway, no matter if we are talking knives, axes or Uzis, they start to be dangerous only when they are in hands of somebody. In USA you have done guns just one common household object, and you have lowered threshold to use one so low, that it is common to use guns at road rage incidents and family feuds. Your society is so filled with guns, that it is insane. Only outcome from that is firearm related violence.

Guns doesn't increase your safety in these days, because everybody have them, and if you pull out a gun to protect yourself, it just means that you have gunfight on your hands, and threatening party usually have more experience about killing. What are those certain freedoms what you are talking about? Freedom to bully next guy using gun? Freedom to carry a gun, including a right to be killed by one in first incident where you try to use it. How many death that is worth of? What is fair price for that freedom? Current bet is just under 90 000 lives per year, but that have to be too low, because you are willing to pay it, and more during this year.

Have you ever try to think how they can live in other countries, where people doesn't have such rights, no school killings, no drive by shootings, no gang violence, no serial killers, no idiots carrying a gun just to shoot you for first excuse they get. How real is your freedom if you have to have your own gun to maintain it? Only what you really have is freedom to be scared and ready to defence yourself in 24/7, and your nation is only place in earth where that is called freedom.     

I see your point, but if a massive war were to break out and Finland was over run by some evil entity... Would you be happy or sad that the US (Who would most likely run to Finland's aid) had people with these guns, or would you rather us not have them and do nothing?

The guns are not just to protect people from the guy down the street... It's to protect people from corrupt government, or evil entities that may have beat the US Military.

While the US Military being defeated on home soil is "unlikely" (if not impossible)... I feel better knowing that I myself get to be my own last line of defense.

If people are "fearful" about owning guns, then the reality is that they simply were looking for something to be fearful about in the first place... If it wasn't guns, it would be bombs, if not bombs, then gangs... If not gangs... Well, you get my point I'm sure.

body88

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »

Technically you could nail in nails with the butt of a gun.