Author Topic: Bob Chick pathetic trainer?  (Read 6846 times)

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
Re: Bob Chick pathetic trainer?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »
I wonder about guys like Branch, Ronnie, Johnnie who train very heavily and explosively. Is the reason they train like that so much because that is he way they built their bodies from day one and they feel going lighter would make them lose some of those gains?

I think its jsut how, they now how to do it. i think it would be like a guy to throw a fastball  he just does it the way he learned how and some guys do it differently then others
Odilly

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29:11 PM »
"It's not how much you lift, but how good you look lifting it" - Bob Cicherillo

If it is one thing I have heard from a lot of the pro bodybuilders, it is that your are sculpting your body to compete in a bodybuilding show, not going for the heaviest lifts like a powerlifter does or strength conditioning. I once asked a competitor why you are using only 315 pounds instead of 400 pounds, or stronger, and he said, why should he when the point is making sure the body is symmetrical.  So Bob's qupte is correct to a bodybuilder. Some of you seem to forget that. 

Some of the injuries that I have heard in the gym was that this guy wanted to push the weights, to go over the top, and then he gets injured.

From all accounts, Dillet truly trained like an idiot.

And yet Dillet, during his time, looked great, one of the best then. He didn't pose well, but he looked conditioned and symmetrical.

If you need a trainer must mean that you are doing something wrong from the start.

Oh jeez, I have known people who have trained for years and years, and when they got a trainer, they learned some new techniques, got some more energy to get the final push, and got to the next level. There are always new things to be learned, and someone to help you see what you cannot see.

Bob Chick pathetic trainer?

Ah, no. He worked hard, became a pro, got in shape, makes a great career for himself in bodybuilding. I think that he is, in business tacts, one of the top pro bodybuilders in our industry now in making the sport of bodybuilding work for him. Others should learn.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:15 PM »
Bob Chick - Holder of Karma

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »

Too many people go to the gym for a few months and expect to be big. Quit for more time than they went in the first place, then repeat the cycle. So, they end up not getting big and huge, or lean enough....

Inconsistency is the biggest reason for mediocre results in bodybuilding.  Some people on here claim to have been training for years, yet post a pic and look like crap....  they probably weren't lying.... they probably have been training for years:  3 months on and 4 months off, eating a good diet maybe 60% of the time at best, and going out drinking every friday and saturday.   Yet they bitch and moan about their lack of progress from their "poor genetics".  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 09:38:33 PM »
I wonder about guys like Branch, Ronnie, Johnnie who train very heavily and explosively. Is the reason they train like that so much because that is he way they built their bodies from day one and they feel going lighter would make them lose some of those gains?

BBers will automatically adapt to what comes naturally for them...if you're strong, you'll tend to go for low reps and use the power....if you're moderately strong (for a BB)...you'll tend to go for reps. Much like water seeking it's own level, the pro has learned to go with the flow..and what works.

My strength was always decent...but certainly not in the same league as the Branch/Ronnie/ TP types....My strength was always in reps with heavy weight, I could always perform well with 20,30, 40 reps...

To each his own...if it works, it works...and what works for one, may not necessarily work for another. Becoming a pro BB is as much genetics as it is being able to decipher what is in your best interest, even if it goes against the "norm"...

chris2489

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »
Bob is a BB'er and the goal for BB'ers is to build there physique and you don't have to train like a madman to get big. Training intense is for people that really love to workout. Guys like Tom Platz, Steve Michalik, John Defendis ,Milos Sarcev, etc.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »
It's al reletive, boys...what some fool writes, people will take as gospel on the internet. "pathetic" according to who? Some guy that thinks training hardcore meand yelling and screaming, spiting on the floor and believing those Universal ads?

I'm a pro BB, they don't judge you on your workouts, what you bench, or what the tape measure says.

"IT'S NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT...IT'S HOW MUCH YOU **LOOK** LIKE YOU CAN LIFT!"

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007, 10:09:42 PM »
I'm a retired pro BB, who "won" the Master's thanks to BB.com! They don't judge you on your workouts, what you bench, or what the tape measure says.

"IT'S NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT...IT'S HOW MUCH YOU **LOOK** LIKE YOU CAN LIFT!"

fixed

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »
Obviously there's more than 1 training methodology to achieve "training intensity."

Chick found what worked for him, and he got a pro card and a 1st place pro win. Kudos.

If all these "experts" and fellow pros sneer and ridicule other certain pros training intensity & commitment, you have to wonder WHAT IF...so and so really worked out harder, better or was more committed? Perhaps they could place higher, etc...

For example, Dorian made some comments about certain pros intensity & commitment...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »
fixed

Still waiting for you to explain that one, Goatballs...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 10:12:54 PM »
Bob's training is smart.  Guys who try to train like Ronnie Coleman are idiots.    Ronnie Coleman would be just as developed if he had trained like Bob does.

Not to mention, Ronnie tore his lats and triceps.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »
Still waiting for you to explain that one, Goatballs...

re·tired (rĭ-tīrd')
adj.

Withdrawn from one's occupation, business, or office; having finished one's active working life.
Received by a person in retirement: retired pay.
Withdrawn; secluded.

n. (used with a pl. verb)
Retired people considered as a group. Used with the.

retiredly re·tired·ly adv.
retiredness re·tired'ness n.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
re·tired (rĭ-tīrd')
adj.

Withdrawn from one's occupation, business, or office; having finished one's active working life.
Withdrawn; secluded.

There's no actual retirement in bodybuilding.   Not like he can't go do another show if he decided to.  He doesn't get a pension either.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »
re·tired (rĭ-tīrd')
adj.

Withdrawn; secluded.

Thanks for filling us all in on the definition of retired...still waiting for your answer. Please, show us all your intelligence.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
Thanks for filling us all in on the definition of retired...still waiting for your answer. Please, show us all your intelligence.

What is the question?

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »
Bob's training is smart.  Guys who try to train like Ronnie Coleman are idiots.    Ronnie Coleman would be just as developed if he had trained like Bob does.

Not to mention, Ronnie tore his lats and triceps.

Perhaps Ronnie found what works for him? Some might say it was worth it.

Bob - Zero Mr. Olympias
Ronnie - 8x Mr. Olympias

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2007, 10:26:48 PM »
What is the question?

Figure it out, meathead...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »
Bob - Zero Mr. Olympias
Ronnie - 8x Mr. Olympias

Hmm... you can say the same for Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Chris Cormier, Flex Wheeler ... very bad analogy there.   Ronnie is a freak, a monster... very few can compare to him.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2007, 01:00:38 AM »
LOL....

It never fails to make me laugh...all these "hard core" guys in the gym.

Here's a hint:

Making excessive noise...throwing weights around...swearing at the bar...etc, etc.is NOT hard core, it's also not training properly...It's being a complete idiot.

I've trained with some of the best...from old school, to modern day. I've trained with the giant killer himself, Danny Padilla and our training partner Larry Baker...workouts I doubt very much many people could have completed...I've also gone toe to toe with TP, probably THEE strongest BB I've ever trained with.

People can think what they want of my workouts...28 years of experience has tought me much, mainly, how to make a workout more effecient, and not waste energy of training like a madman...all in the name of being "hardcore".

"TRAIN SMARTER, NOT HARDER!"

I find it mindboggling how one of the top athletes of our sport has to explain himself to an internet nerd. It's just mindbending. Can u imagine Gary Payton answering on a net forum to a guy who can't dribble his way out of a paperbag , but who insults his play. Anyway, I think that because guys like bob , gh , disgusted , etc . take the time to share their experience with us , we should be grateful.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2007, 02:11:16 AM »

Inconsistency is the biggest reason for mediocre results in bodybuilding.  Some people on here claim to have been training for years, yet post a pic and look like crap....  they probably weren't lying.... they probably have been training for years:  3 months on and 4 months off, eating a good diet maybe 60% of the time at best, and going out drinking every friday and saturday.   Yet they bitch and moan about their lack of progress from their "poor genetics".  ::)

There is definately alot of truth in this. I lose count of the number of people who say they have been working out really hard, and then it turns out they have been working out 3 or 4 times a week for the llast 3 wks, but hadnt been for a month before that, and will soon lose interest again and have another month off - you are back to where you started.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
Hmm... you can say the same for Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Chris Cormier, Flex Wheeler ... very bad analogy there.   Ronnie is a freak, a monster... very few can compare to him.

look at Ron ...always stickin' up for his boy................... barfbag please
Cam ad mi

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 02:24:09 AM »
Well, he was able to pull it together and come in looking pretty good for the masters.

From all accounts, Dillet truly trained like an idiot.

Coupled with his inability to "pose".

I can't help but think, is he slightly mentally retarded? (obviously moreso than the typical juice monkey)

I was thinking the same thing..

Ive found that its quite common for bad posers to be sloppy lifters. Paul Dillet is a good example

I saw Charle Glass training him on one of the BFTO and thought "no wonder he has a shit back".

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2007, 02:25:13 AM »
sounds like another skinny jealous loser who breaks his back lifting huge poundages for 2 reps only to look skinny and small, whatever Bob is doing is working fine for him, the man is huge.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2007, 03:40:26 AM »
Figure it out, meathead...

You ask him to explain retired.  He did.  Meat hindered him not.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2007, 04:50:58 AM »
Obviously there's more than 1 training methodology to achieve "training intensity."

Chick found what worked for him, and he got a pro card and a 1st place pro win. Kudos.

If all these "experts" and fellow pros sneer and ridicule other certain pros training intensity & commitment, you have to wonder WHAT IF...so and so really worked out harder, better or was more committed? Perhaps they could place higher, etc...

For example, Dorian made some comments about certain pros intensity & commitment...

dorian didnt win because he did all those forced reps+the insane intensity. he won because he was consistent in the long run (training, nutrition, drugs) and was very strict with his diet leading up to competitions. also he only deserved one of the mr olympias he won.

insane intensity training is overrated and totally uncessary..(platz etc)

just make sure to work hard enough over along period of time. its not about screaming and going insane every workout and burning yourself out in a few months. its about working hard..but not too hard over long periods of time.

consistency is the magic word in bodybuilding. your training routine doesnt have to be perfect, your diet doesnt have to be perfect..(just make sure to eat more calories that you use..+ enough protein.)...just make sure you do it long enough...and really enjoy the journey.