Author Topic: Rocky Marciano is Smiling Somewhere  (Read 1474 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Rocky Marciano is Smiling Somewhere
« on: April 17, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »
Ruslan Chagaev's upset of Nikolai Valuev in Germany last Saturday was a fitting end to the attempt to take Marciano's legacy.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Rocky Marciano is Smiling Somewhere
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »
Valuev is a huge load of shit. Zero punching power for a guy his size

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
I guess Marciano has some type of legacy despite not fighting any great opponents. At less than 200 lb. and lacking athleticism, he'd have been a ragdoll for Foreman, Frazier or Tyson.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:46:39 AM »
I guess Marciano has some type of legacy despite not fighting any great opponents. At less than 200 lb. and lacking athleticism, he'd have been a ragdoll for Foreman, Frazier or Tyson.

he beat joe louis

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »

No great opponents?!?

Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Sarzo, Archie Moore, etc. ??? That was a golden era of boxing for heavyweights.

I don't care how much Rocky weighed. The guy hit like a fucking sledgehammer. Rocky could've knocked out any active heavyweight under 6'3" tall with his power.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 12:41:08 PM »
No great opponents?!?

Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Sarzo, Archie Moore, etc. ??? That was a golden era of boxing for heavyweights.

I don't care how much Rocky weighed. The guy hit like a fucking sledgehammer. Rocky could've knocked out any active heavyweight under 6'3" tall with his power.

I agree on the hall of fame caliber of opponents he faced.  Rocky's punching power emenated from his hips and tree trunk legs, not his size.  Size or muscles does not equate with power in boxing.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 01:12:48 PM »
I agree on the hall of fame caliber of opponents he faced.  Rocky's punching power emenated from his hips and tree trunk legs, not his size.  Size or muscles does equate with power in boxing.

Correct. Rocky was truly one of kind.

But don't bother engaging in a debate with PUMPSTER. The guy is so annoying with his counter arguments. He's never wrong, just ask him. ::)

body88

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 04:52:15 PM »
Correct. Rocky was truly one of kind.

But don't bother engaging in a debate with PUMPSTER. The guy is so annoying with his counter arguments. He's never wrong, just ask him. ::)

Agreed