Author Topic: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant  (Read 31898 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »

I fault Bassinger for releasing this private matter to the world.  What a calculating, cruel act. 

This behavior including public blow ups has been going on for decades; making it public's the only chance to force acceptance of his disturbance. So far he's still in denial from the statement he left afterwards.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 05:16:48 PM »
This is nothing that any NORMAL parent hasn't already or will continue to say to their kids.  If she was acting like that then she deserves the comment.  She is old enough to hear a tough comment.  Maybe Basinger should not be a stupid girl and release something that is private to make him look bad.
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »
He deserved it; he's blown up at restaurants, which is not normal unless you're Russell Crowe.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
Isn't he a fucking cokehead?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2007, 09:59:32 PM »
I give you yet another

MELTDOWN

Alec Baldwin leaves talent agency
Tuesday April 24, 2007 11 PM EST

LOS ANGELES --Alec Baldwin has parted ways with his agents at a major Hollywood talent agency, his spokesman said Tuesday. Baldwin left Creative Artists Agency for personal reasons, said spokesman Matthew Hiltzik. He did not elaborate.

The actor has made headlines in recent days after an angry voicemail to his daughter was obtained by the celebrity Web site TMZ.com and broadcast around the world.

Baldwin and actress Kim Basinger have been locked in a custody dispute over their 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, since their 2002 divorce.

In it, Baldwin yelled at his daughter for failing to answer the telephone for a prearranged call and called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig."

Baldwin has since apologized.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »
First guy that sex's up the soon to be single Kim Basinger will most likely get OJ'd by Alec Baldwin.
Its obvious Alec still wants that pussy to belong to him!  This ain't about the kid, its about Kims pussy about to
be open to the public again.
That's what we need a pudgy white OJ.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »
This behavior including public blow ups has been going on for decades; making it public's the only chance to force acceptance of his disturbance. So far he's still in denial from the statement he left afterwards.

This should have been a private family matter.  There is nothing public about a father scolding his kid in a voicemail message. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2007, 02:09:40 AM »
You all should get real and stop apologizing for an abuser.
His temper is out of control and has been for a number of years.
Too many people have quit their jobs rather than opt to be around that ticking time bomb.

And no Cap, ..."normal" parents do not talk to their children that way.
If that was "normal" in your household... well, ...I'll just say I'm glad you got through it.
It doesn't however mean she should be subjected to that kind of abuse.

He has anger issues, and until he is able to cope properly, she should not be subjected to his abuse.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:56 AM »
This should have been a private family matter.  There is nothing public about a father scolding his kid in a voicemail message. 

If Kim, didn't leak the message as she claimed, ...I think we will all be surprised at who did it.
I'm not going to name any names, ...but I have a theory which I think will shock you all.  8)
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2007, 03:04:08 AM »
Too many people have quit their jobs rather than opt to be around that ticking time bomb.

If that was "normal" in your household... well, ...I'll just say I'm glad you got through it.

He has anger issues, and until he is able to cope properly, she should not be subjected to his abuse.

This is one of those blah blah moments...

Only one of two people would have done this... It can only help two people.

Reality is that you will have many people that don't think he did anything wrong... Then there are others who must think that spankings are "child abuse".

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2007, 06:44:04 AM »
Shoulda coulda. He's already had public outbursts, but you want to keep it quiet for what reason? He's a maniac who's finally exposed.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2007, 06:45:09 AM »
Notice it's all dudes here supporting him. Why? Because they don't have any boundaries on tough luv, thinking it's always just fine thanks. Great dads i'm sure.  ::)

Rest assured this Balwin moment captured on tape's just the tip of the iceberg; none supporting him seem to comprehend this or that he's obviously out of control.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
trust me this girl is a little brat that probably thinks of herself as a princess

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2007, 08:36:01 AM »
trust me this girl is a little brat that probably thinks of herself as a princess

E

Another WINNING rationalization.  ::) The kid sounds smarter.

Anyone here who continues to justify talking to a kid like that doesn't get it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 08:56:06 AM »

You must not have kids.   :)  I don't condone all of the language he used, but I can understand him being angry and frustrated. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 08:56:38 AM »
If Kim, didn't leak the message as she claimed, ...I think we will all be surprised at who did it.
I'm not going to name any names, ...but I have a theory which I think will shock you all.  8)

O.K.  I'll bite.  What's the theory? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
Shoulda coulda. He's already had public outbursts, but you want to keep it quiet for what reason? He's a maniac who's finally exposed.

I don't want to keep anything quiet.  It's not my family.  What I said was it's a private family matter. Bassinger should have kept that private family matter within the family.  It's none of our business.  Now the entire world knows this little girl's business.  That's just plain wrong.   

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »
no

what would make you think you did? ???

E

I'm trying to make a point by saying that if anybody ever "owned" you that you'd never admit to it.

Therefore, I've never been owned either.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2007, 10:28:01 AM »
I don't want to keep anything quiet.  It's not my family.  What I said was it's a private family matter. Bassinger should have kept that private family matter within the family.  It's none of our business.  Now the entire world knows this little girl's business.  That's just plain wrong.   

What is the logic being privacy being sacrosanct? That's just another cover, once the problem continues on and on for years and decades.

In this case, with Russell Crowe and with OJ, publicity and embarassment are or could have been necessary ingredients towards acknowledgement of the problem. Just read Baldwin's "apology" to realize how imbedded his righteousness is. He still doesn't see a problem other than the fact that it got out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2007, 10:44:50 AM »
What is the logic being privacy being sacrosanct? That's just another cover, once the problem continues on and on for years and decades.

In this case, with Russell Crowe and with OJ, publicity and embarassment are or could have been necessary ingredients towards acknowledgement of the problem. Just read Baldwin's "apology" to realize how imbedded his righteousness is. He still doesn't see a problem other than the fact that it got out.

?  The logic behind privacy?  Most people value their privacy.  What goes on behind closed doors is nobody's business, unless the law is being broken.  I doubt most people want the world to hear or see what goes on in their households.

We also don't know precisely what prompted this tirade.  Maybe the girl deserved (most) of it.  Maybe she is a disrespectful, dishonest kid who needs to be figuratively slapped around a bit.  Neither one of us knows.  As a parent, I don't condone everything he said, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.     

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2007, 10:54:39 AM »
This is 100% proof that you NEVER leave an angry message. It can be used against you later, and in this very public and bitter divorce, it's just more leverage for Kim to use against Alec.
If you say something in person, you can deny all till you're blue in the face. But when it's recorded and you're confronted with it, it's pretty hard to deny unless you use some type of insanity defense.
I never really liked Alec anyhow. Best part about him is that he got to bang Kim Basinger! But soon as they married, his waistline turned into that of a whale, his acting career seemed to go belly up (could have been a conscious decision on his part however), and his temper seems to be a well known conversation piece.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »
This is 100% proof that you NEVER leave an angry message. It can be used against you later, and in this very public and bitter divorce, it's just more leverage for Kim to use against Alec.

Good advice strategically while completely forgetting that he's in bad shape and needs help.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »
?  The logic behind privacy?  Most people value their privacy.  What goes on behind closed doors is nobody's business, unless the law is being broken.  I doubt most people want the world to hear or see what goes on in their households.

We also don't know precisely what prompted this tirade.  Maybe the girl deserved (most) of it.  Maybe she is a disrespectful, dishonest kid who needs to be figuratively slapped around a bit.  Neither one of us knows.  As a parent, I don't condone everything he said, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.     

The point is there's more to the equation than just privacy. He's clearly a loose cannon, has pulled this crap for years, is setting a lousy example and is potentially dangerous besides being out of control. Do YOU know what's up with him behind closed doors? The message is a pretty good hint it's nothing positive.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007, 11:05:13 AM »
The point is there's more to the equation than just privacy. He's clearly a loose cannon, has pulled this crap for years, is setting a lousy example and is potentially dangerous besides being out of control. Do YOU know what's up with him behind closed doors? The message is a pretty good hint it's nothing positive.

Well, that's your view.  I see this as a privacy issue, not only for the father, but for the kid.  I have no idea what he does behind closed doors and unless he is breaking the law it is none of my business.  If he is abusing the kid, report him to CPS.  If he is just being a jerk or bad parent, let the courts deal with it.  But giving the media a voicemail scolding that was too harsh?  Sounds like someone with an ax to grind trying to get leverage in a custody dispute.

The guy may be a lousy father, but I hardly think one rant at his daughter, with no background facts, proves he is a bad father.     

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »
Well, that's your view. 

Yes Beach, that is pumpster's view, ...and being in NYC, I can only assume he has a much clearer bird's-eye view of the monster named Baldwin. No doubt stories of his Broadway antics have filtered into the streets of NY.

I see this as a privacy issue, not only for the father, but for the kid.  I have no idea what he does behind closed doors and unless he is breaking the law it is none of my business.  If he is abusing the kid, report him to CPS.  If he is just being a jerk or bad parent, let the courts deal with it.

Beach, that's probably why you are defending him. You're right YOU do not know what goes on behind closed doors. Those of us who do are of the opinion he's gone too far. If there is nothing wrong with his rant, why would a judge slap him with an order to cease any and all contact with his daughter? 

But giving the media a voicemail scolding that was too harsh?  Sounds like someone with an ax to grind trying to get leverage in a custody dispute.

Possibly, but you need to stand back and ask yourself why provide the sharpening stone? Do you not question the critical thinking skills or the wisdom of an individual about to appear in court in a custody case, leaving that kind of ammunition around?

The guy may be a lousy father, but I hardly think one rant at his daughter, with no background facts, proves he is a bad father.     

One rant with no background facts? ???

Beach, this is one rant left in voicemail, ...it doesn't include the many rants NOT in voicemail.
Those are legendary. There are those of us who have seen him unleash his venom on adults and reduce them to quivering shells of their former selves. When someone sees that very same MO being perpetrated on an 11 yr. old child, that's when people step in, and rightly so. It's unfortunate that this might cause Ireland some embarassment, but if it forces Baldwin to get the therapy he needs to change his ways, she is better off in the long run, and stands a much better chance of being raised to become a normal well adjusted young lady, ...but if she is forced to be subjected to more of the "usual" Baldwin, that's not very likely to occur.

This is just my opinion, but I strongly believe that if you were witness to Alec Baldwin and his general arrogance and inept coping skills you would be appalled. When they chose him for Glengarry Glenross, they were typecasting.

The only redeeming thing I have to say about the guy... he votes Democrat and can't stand Bush.
w