Author Topic: Cats barfing right after dinner!  (Read 1693 times)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
Cats barfing right after dinner!
« on: April 20, 2007, 01:41:07 AM »
For some reason my cat barfs up his food right after he eats it.. :-\
He only does it when he eats meat from the can you can buy at you local petshop/groceriestore.
If he eats kibble during the day he's fine and he doesn't barf ones.

I tryed every brand possible to see what settles best with him. I suggested to my wife to not give him meat from a can no more but the cat keeps on whining like The Shadow till he gets his dinner.. ;D

This is what i found out:  If you switch from meat to fish everything is perfect.
No barfing at all ...he keeps his meals inside and i don't have to get "warm hands" every night... :-\ :)
I talked to a vet about it and he said the same thing...switch to fish and the problem will be gone... :o

Just letting the barf cat owners know... ;)
?

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Cats barfing right after dinner!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »
For some reason my cat barfs up his food right after he eats it.. :-\
He only does it when he eats meat from the can you can buy at you local petshop/groceriestore.
If he eats kibble during the day he's fine and he doesn't barf ones.

I tryed every brand possible to see what settles best with him. I suggested to my wife to not give him meat from a can no more but the cat keeps on whining like The Shadow till he gets his dinner.. ;D

This is what i found out:  If you switch from meat to fish everything is perfect.
No barfing at all ...he keeps his meals inside and i don't have to get "warm hands" every night... :-\ :)
I talked to a vet about it and he said the same thing...switch to fish and the problem will be gone... :o

Just letting the barf cat owners know... ;)

Kitty does the same thing...but after years of this....I figured out her deal.

If her stomach is pretty much empty....& she eats canned food...she urfs.  I think it's a combination of eating too much at one time & eating too much on an empty stomach.  If I give her a small portion, then come back 30 minutes later & give her more....she's fine.  If I give her dry kibble first....come back 30 minutes later & add canned food...she's fine. 

May not be the same situation for you...but kitty prefers fish over everything else....& she's one hell of a finky cat.  Put down something she doesn't like....you get the nasty look & she'll starve.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 04:54:15 AM »
I get what you are saying but it happens in the morning and at night!
And het gets a really small bite like a full tablespoon not half a can or something...
But when i switched to fish i can give him as much as he wants without barfing!
Wierd huh..
?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
I get what you are saying but it happens in the morning and at night!
And het gets a really small bite like a full tablespoon not half a can or something...
But when i switched to fish i can give him as much as he wants without barfing!
Wierd huh..

Something just isn't agreeing.  There's been stuff in the past that kitty urfs with.  After having her for 9 years...I forget about those things because her diet has been consistant for a long time