Author Topic: Dorian Yates looking small at the FIBO today  (Read 14271 times)

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
Re: Dorian Yates looking small at the FIBO today
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »
Dorian Has nothing left to prove he looks great In my opinion he is more succesful now congrads Dorian Cant wait to see ya again

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 06:08:59 AM »
In ancient greece, both Dorian and Ronnie would be defeated with straight-firsts scores by this: ;)
SUCKMYMUSCLE

If you're talking about ancient Greece try at least to show a greek statue, and not Michelangelo's David, that was sculpted in 1500 or so.
Guess what, greek statues were very different in proportions and aesthetics and you should consider going back to school.
Example for you... real greek statue, Polykleitos' Doryphoros .

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 06:35:42 AM »
I think he cheated.. In one of my mags it said he had a 1yr old little girl who should be maybe 4 or 5 now, i wonder by whom. I know his son Lewis should be in his 20's at least.

thanks BIG DUB.

there has to be progress, otherwise what's the point?

quite frankly, if it was a male beauty contest my interest in bbing would cease completely.

freaky development is what it's all about to me. arnold, sergio were great because they were freaky for the time (still are).

the simple fact is that no one (except maybe the gay community) is going to be interested in a male beauty pageant.

i don't know what bbing is going to do about the gut, etc but regression is not the answer. athletes MUST jump further, run faster, hit harder, lift more, etc, etc. it's the nature of the beast. 8)

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 07:49:08 AM »
Winning th Mr.O several times can leave a lot of stress on a person.

in this pic, Dorian looks like he has survived the electric chair at least 3 times

he looks like a typical aging skinhead to me

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 10:25:44 AM »
He hasnt been able to pick up a weight for four months due to two shoulder surgeries recently.

www.kagedmuscle.com
Deputy Editor

suckmymuscle

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »
If you're talking about ancient Greece try at least to show a greek statue, and not Michelangelo's David, that was sculpted in 1500 or so.
Guess what, greek statues were very different in proportions and aesthetics and you should consider going back to school.
Example for you... real greek statue, Polykleitos' Doryphoros .

You are an idiot. Have you ever heard of the Renaissance? That relates to the renaissance of graeco-roman culture. Michaelangelo's David was sculpted during that period, and it represents an ephebe, or a post-pubescent boy around the age of 17 or 18. It follows the ancient Greek tradition of worshipping the beauty of male youths. I chose Michaelangelo's David because he did a better job at representing an ephebe than any greek sculpture. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
  You are an idiot. Have you ever heard of the Renaissance? That relates to the renaissance of graeco-roman culture. Michaelangelo's David was sculpted during that period, and it represents an ephebe, or a post-pubescent boy around the age of 17 or 18. It follows the ancient Greek tradition of worshipping the beauty of male youths. I chose Michaelangelo's David because he did a better job at representing an ephebe than any greek sculpture. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

No, as always you are the IDIOT... I lived for 20 years in the places where Renaissance took place and only an IDIOT like yourself can think that the Renaissance is a replication of graeco-roman culture. Inspired by YES, same thing NO, but you are an approximative guy so I understand...
All the proportions in sculpture, painting, and architecture are totally redefined and the David does not represent the canons that ancient Greek had in mind. Sorry dude, but the only an ignorant like yourself can use the David as an example for ancient Greeks proportions.
As a useful learning tool compare the Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man (the perfectly proportioned man in the Renaissance) with the Doryhphor (the perfectly proprtioned man in ancient Greek). The formulae are very different and this proves that you lost one more chance to keep your mouth shut.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »
No, as always you are the IDIOT... I lived for 20 years in the places where Renaissance took place and only an IDIOT like yourself can think that the Renaissance is a replication of graeco-roman culture. Inspired by YES, same thing NO, but you are an approximative guy so I understand...
All the proportions in sculpture, painting, and architecture are totally redefined and the David does not represent the canons that ancient Greek had in mind. Sorry dude, but the only an ignorant like yourself can use the David as an example for ancient Greeks proportions.
As a useful learning tool compare the Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man (the perfectly proportioned man in the Renaissance) with the Doryhphor (the perfectly proprtioned man in ancient Greek). The formulae are very different and this proves that you lost one more chance to keep your mouth shut.

Listen, retard, the ancient Greeks build dozens of staues in priaise of adolescent boys, which they called ephebes. It followed from the Greek tradition of "kalos kagathos", or "good and beautiful".

Now, I used David as an example because he represents the Greek ideal of the beautiful boy better than any ancient Greek sculpture could. Did I ever say that Michaelangelo used the exact same proportions and techniques to sculpt his David that the ancient Greeks did? No! My point is that the idea was the same. Get it? Not even Fidias in his many representations of ephebes did a job as good as Michaelangelo.

The point of my post was to emphasize that Michaelenagelo's David represented the same ideal that the ancient Greeks had about what a male body and face should look like; I never meant to discuss the exact proportions and techniques that the Greeks used to make their sculptures. I'm sure that, if the ancient Greeks could build a statue with the same perfection that Michalengelo did, then they would! :)

The Renaissance was not about the renaissaance of Greek techiques of building sculptures: it was the renaissance of the ideals of Greek civilization, such as democracy, self-determination, intellectual freedom and the worship of youth and beauty, especially the beauty of youthful males. Now, after this history lesson, you can go fuck yourself, mmmk? :D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 07:45:56 PM »
He hasnt been able to pick up a weight for four months due to two shoulder surgeries recently.

www.kagedmuscle.com

How about somebody tell this dude that he's not competing for the Mr.O anymore, what's with the un-neccessary injuries.
#

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »
  Listen, retard, the ancient Greeks build dozens of staues in priaise of adolescent boys, which they called ephebes. It followed from the Greek tradition of "kalos kagathos", or "good and beautiful".

Now, I used David as an example because he represents the Greek ideal of the beautiful boy better than any ancient Greek sculpture could. Did I ever say that Michaelangelo used the exact same proportions and techniques to sculpt his David that the ancient Greeks did? No! My point is that the idea was the same. Get it? Not even Fidias in his many representations of ephebes did a job as good as Michaelangelo.

The point of my post was to emphasize that Michaelenagelo's David represented the same ideal that the ancient Greeks had about what a male body and face should look like; I never meant to discuss the exact proportions and techniques that the Greeks used to make their sculptures. I'm sure that, if the ancient Greeks could build a statue with the same perfection that Michalengelo did, then they would! :)

The Renaissance was not about the renaissaance of Greek techiques of building sculptures: it was the renaissance of the ideals of Greek civilization, such as democracy, self-determination, intellectual freedom and the worship of youth and beauty, especially the beauty of youthful males. Now, after this history lesson, you can go fuck yourself, mmmk? :D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

For sure you can be the most expert at sucking ephebes' cocks but for sure you can't teach me art history!
I'll tell you more, the interpretation of David as an example of Greek beauty ideal is minoritary. The most common interpretation is the one of a biblical figure, the young king David before the fight with the giant Goliah. Guess what, David was not greek and not an "adolescent boy" anymore.
Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time discussing with morons like you, I guess I'm developing a Milos' syndrome.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 10:43:35 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ha ha, nice try to spin it but you've been exposed as full of shit.

david does not represent the ephebes any more than your average teenage athlete today does stupid.

now leave quietly.

thankyou. :D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 10:44:58 PM »

How about somebody tell this dude that he's not competing for the Mr.O anymore, what's with the un-neccessary injuries.

at a wild guess, i'd say the surgeries are for injuries incurred while he was competing.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 01:36:31 AM »

Anyone who thinks Dorain is "small" these days....hasnt seen the man in person...

I ran into him about 5 months ago at Golds/Venice (Granted this was before his shoulder operations), and the guy is still a brick...his calves have to be seen in person to be belivied! The real question is what is the story with this company in the pictures.... Its not Cnp/Dorain Yates Approved is it? I know that Dorain had a falling out with the owner of that company. The last I saw Dorian was promoting his Temple Gym franchise heavily. I take it this is a new supplement line he started?

M!

"When the populace becomes involved in thinking....All is lost!"
Voltaire