Author Topic: I met a racist today  (Read 6838 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I met a racist today
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:04:11 PM »
I met a racist today. Sweet guy, but still a racist.

I was leaving the grocery store, when I spotted this absolutely gorgeous Jaguar Vandenplas. On the odd chance he might be willing to sell it, I left a note on his car asking me to call me. Immediately afterwards, I realized I had left my keys at the check out, and went back inside to retrieve them. As i was exiting the store, I notice this short little guy exiting the British style pub, and start walking towards the car, with his remote control, and I see the rear tail lights light up on the vehicle. He approached the driver door and started to read the note I had left. Since he was already there, I went up, said hi and introduced myself as the person who left the note and asked him if he possibly might want to consider selling his car. He told me he would never sell it 'cause it was his "baby". We started discussing the car and he beamed with pride as he told me this was the same model that Queen Elizabeth gets driven around in, and the same model that Tony Blair drives etc., etc., I realized pretty quickly that this was his penis extender, the 4" lifts in the heels of his shoes to give him the extra height, the peerage title that his working class accent assured me he didn't have etc.,. There was NO WAY this man would ever consider parting with it. His entire sense of self worth came from this vehicle. knowing what a long shot it was, I suggested "Well, you've got my card, ...if you ever change your mind, let me know". Then he proceeded to tell me. "I won't change my mind believe me. Infact... a while back I was over near..." Then he abruptly stopped and said "I don't want you to think I'm a racist or anything because of what I'm about to say. I'm not a racist... infact, my daughter is married to..." Then he leaned in REALLY close, (so close it made me wish I was suffering from horrifically bad halitosis) furtively looked in both directions, and whispered the end of his sentence ".... a COLOURED".  ;D

So now it's all I could do not to burst out laughing. I said to myself, Judi keep your poker face. So now I'm waiting for him to drop whatever bomb he's about to drop that he thought might give me the impression he's a racist. And he proceeds to tell me "I was over near Stage West, and a woman in her 50's saw the car...." He goes on to say she immediately went up to him and offered to buy it. She was even willing to give him cash for it on the spot. Still he said no.

I couldn't figure out what the big concern was, or even why he would interject that into the conversation.

It just cracked me up. Anyway, we exchanged mutual pleasantrys for a great day, and he climbed his little 4' 11" frame into his self-esteem machine on wheels, and drove away.

Was the man a racist? Of course he was! Was he a bigot? hardly.
But he was like the vast majority of racists, completely oblivious to the fact that they are racists.
w

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: I met a racist today
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:06:45 PM »
not a racist, if he was a true racist he would of not spoken to you at all.
Greed and disgust

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »
everyone is racist...just different degrees.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:11:39 PM »
not a racist, if he was a true racist he would of not spoken to you at all.

no, not necessarily. racism is not always accompanied by hatred.
He wasn't a bigot, but he was a racist.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:12:33 PM »
You'll live, jag. Personally, if it were I'd have asked you out and at the end of the night I'd spank your jungle booty. See, I'm racist and I'm completely oblivious to it.

On a serious note.. People are racist because of perceptions or bad experiences, or both. It's not that they think any less of anyone else, but rather they're angry inside. I spout off a lot of bs on these forums, but I know to distinguish between the good and bad. I know you're a nice lady, jag, and you don't deserve anything remotely racist said to you.

I don't think it was a big deal and like I said, you'll live.  ;)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »
You'll live, jag. Personally, if it were I'd have asked you out and at the end of the night I'd spank your jungle booty. See, I'm racist and I'm completely oblivious to it.

On a serious note.. People are racist because of perceptions or bad experiences, or both. It's not that they think any less of anyone else, but rather they're angry inside. I spout off a lot of bs on these forums, but I know to distinguish between the good and bad. I know you're a nice lady, jag, and you don't deserve anything remotely racist said to you.

I don't think it was a big deal and like I said, you'll live.  ;)

I agree. Did not sound racist just sounded ignorant, and drunk.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »
Jag, you got to understand something about whites who are not "actively racist" Blacks make such a big deal at the slightest incorrectly stated thing they're walking on eggshells afraid to say the wrong thing.  Often they overthink what to say in an attempt not to say the wrong thing and end up saying the wrong thing. For small infringements, try to look past the words and at the person's heart.  He may not have been a racist just because he spoke something that could be construed as racist.  I would be more worried about the guys who know they're racist than the guys who, "don't know they're"

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 09:45:42 PM »
Interesting experience that's for sure.  Interesting he even brought it up.  The only thing I can think of is that he thought you would think that is why he did not sell it to him.  I have had to discipline some black females (among other sex/race combos, also a part of my job BTW) and they have brought this allegation on me and I have to make a point of disciplining others, esp white males/females, before them because they feel I am picking on them in this manner. 
Squishy face retard

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »
Jag, you got to understand something about whites who are not "actively racist" Blacks make such a big deal at the slightest incorrectly stated thing they're walking on eggshells afraid to say the wrong thing.  Often they overthink what to say in an attempt not to say the wrong thing and end up saying the wrong thing. For small infringements, try to look past the words and at the person's heart.  He may not have been a racist just because he spoke something that could be construed as racist.  I would be more worried about the guys who know they're racist than the guys who, "don't know they're"

I agree.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 11:07:31 PM »

But he was like the vast majority of racists, completely oblivious to the fact that they are racists.

As usual, you miss the boat. The guy wasn't a racist. He was ignorant. There's a difference.

A racist believes his race is superior to others. This guy probably grew up in a community where everyone looked liked him, and he didn't have to concern himself with knowing the latest PC term to call a black person.

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »
everyone is racist...just different degrees.
thats true
Greed and disgust

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 04:28:01 AM »

I was leaving the grocery store, when I spotted this absolutely gorgeous Jaguar Vandenplas. On the odd chance he might be willing to sell it, I left a note on his car asking me to call me. Immediately afterwards, I realized I had left my keys at the check out, and went back inside to retrieve them. As i was exiting the store, I notice this short little guy exiting the British style pub, and start walking towards the car, with his remote control, and I see the rear tail lights light up on the vehicle. He approached the driver door and started to read the note I had left. Since he was already there, I went up, said hi and introduced myself as the person who left the note and asked him if he possibly might want to consider selling his car. He told me he would never sell it 'cause it was his "baby". We started discussing the car and he beamed with pride as he told me this was the same model that Queen Elizabeth gets driven around in, and the same model that Tony Blair drives etc., etc., I realized pretty quickly that this was his penis extender, the 4" lifts in the heels of his shoes to give him the extra height, the peerage title that his working class accent assured me he didn't have etc.,. There was NO WAY this man would ever consider parting with it. His entire sense of self worth came from this vehicle. knowing what a long shot it was, I suggested "Well, you've got my card, ...if you ever change your mind, let me know". Then he proceeded to tell me. "I won't change my mind believe me. Infact... a while back I was over near..." Then he abruptly stopped and said "I don't want you to think I'm a racist or anything because of what I'm about to say. I'm not a racist... infact, my daughter is married to..." Then he leaned in REALLY close, (so close it made me wish I was suffering from horrifically bad halitosis) furtively looked in both directions, and whispered the end of his sentence ".... a COLOURED".  ;D

So now it's all I could do not to burst out laughing. I said to myself, Judi keep your poker face. So now I'm waiting for him to drop whatever bomb he's about to drop that he thought might give me the impression he's a racist. And he proceeds to tell me "I was over near Stage West, and a woman in her 50's saw the car...." He goes on to say she immediately went up to him and offered to buy it. She was even willing to give him cash for it on the spot. Still he said no.

I couldn't figure out what the big concern was, or even why he would interject that into the conversation.

It just cracked me up. Anyway, we exchanged mutual pleasantrys for a great day, and he climbed his little 4' 11" frame into his self-esteem machine on wheels, and drove away.

Wait-youre black? When did this happen?? I always figured you for a hippie from europe or something. Crazy...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 08:22:48 AM »
Racist??  ..nah...my wouldn't have been talking to you Judi if he ws..

how come we hear the word "cracker" on the teli all the time and its A-ok but "coloured" is racist?  ::)
carpe` vaginum!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 08:25:44 AM »

how come we hear the word "cracker" on the teli all the time and its A-ok but "coloured" is racist?  ::)

yeah.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 08:29:19 AM »

wait till you hear her define "cracker," and justify it's use as not racist :D  Get ready for a lengthy history lesson on whips.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 08:31:38 AM »
wait till you hear her define "cracker," and justify it's use as not racist :D  Get ready for a lengthy history lesson on whips.
\

I want to hear this one.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »

nah i like Judi...but sometimes black people get on my nervs..

its like that damn brown guy that blames post 911 racism every damn time he gets turned down by a girl...or gets bad service at a resturant..or it rains...  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 08:57:58 AM »
I GUY TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY I WAS RACIST THE OTHER DAY CAUSE I WOULD NOT GIVE HIM A SPOT !
I TOLD HIM THAT WHILE I WAS A RACIST AND SO WAS HE , I WOULD NOT TURN DOWN SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY WHERE OF ANOTHER RACE BUT BECAUSE HE WAS SMELLY AND AND WAS BENCHING ABOUT 100 LBS MORE THEN HE SHOULD BE AND I WALKED AWAY !
911 INSIDE JOB !

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 09:00:49 AM »
nah i like Judi...but sometimes black people get on my nervs..

its like that damn brown guy that blames post 911 racism every damn time he gets turned down by a girl...or gets bad service at a resturant..or it rains...  :-\
I was in line at the post office with some Arab guy, had a cowboy had on(never seen that before) it was so freaking funny.  He was talking to someone on the phone and totally playing the angry arab part without saying anything incriminating... He was loudly praising allah and talking about duty...  The guys in line were about to passout... So many people pissed themselves it smelled bad :D anyway, I could tell he was just fucking around, he didn't say anything that could get him hauled off but it was funny seeing some of the reactions in line.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »
So many people pissed themselves it smelled bad :D .

He wasn't Arab he was Indian...it was The Shadow...   probably him you were smelling.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 09:11:55 AM »

He wasn't Arab he was Indian...it was The Shadow...   probably him you were smelling.
lol ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 09:13:34 AM »

gotta be honest here, it sounds like you're bitter over being rejected, why else would you sound so emotional over somebody you talked to one time.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »
Speaking of smell, would it be racist of me to say we should be trying to sell Foot Deodorant instead of Democracy in the Middle East?  I had some Arab acquaintances, through a mutual friend back in college and man!!!  WTF?  Good food but stinky.... So funny hanging out with these guys; back then, I didn't have a clue or give a crap about anything political.  I just wanted to finish up assignments and party.  They would yell and scream about Jews, I had no clue and didn't give a crap about any of that.  I just sat there and nodded...  My impression back then was that Jews preoccupied their every thought.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 10:10:29 AM »
I GUY TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY I WAS RACIST THE OTHER DAY CAUSE I WOULD NOT GIVE HIM A SPOT !
I TOLD HIM THAT WHILE I WAS A RACIST AND SO WAS HE , I WOULD NOT TURN DOWN SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY WHERE OF ANOTHER RACE BUT BECAUSE HE WAS SMELLY AND AND WAS BENCHING ABOUT 100 LBS MORE THEN HE SHOULD BE AND I WALKED AWAY !

caps key.

My friend had that happen, I guess people don't understand not everyone wants to spot people, and interupt their workout.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 10:16:10 AM »
Observation of mine, not fact:

Black women have the biggest problem with authority, taking criticism, punishment, and assume racism most often.  Just my experience.
Squishy face retard