Author Topic: If they started a draft for iraq/iran/afghanistan wars, would you go?  (Read 9869 times)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Re: If they started a draft for iraq/iran/afghanistan wars, would you go?
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 02:02:24 PM »
Still would like to know if those who have already served are draftable, nobody knows? 

I am 99.9% sure that you are not. Once you serve and then do your inactive time after your enlistment, you have served your debt to the US. But don't quote me

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »
I am 99.9% sure that you are not. Once you serve and then do your inactive time after your enlistment, you have served your debt to the US. But don't quote me

You can get recalled but there is a looooooong line ahead of you.

It also depends on what you did in the service. If you were in a critical field you move up the line.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 04:43:29 PM »
Still would like to know if those who have already served are draftable, nobody knows? 

You could always state you have a boil on your buttocks. It worked for Rush.  :D
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007, 04:52:36 PM »
You could always state you have a boil on your buttocks. It worked for Rush.  :D
If this wasn't a bullshit fraud of a war based on lies, lies and more lies, I would be begging to get back in.

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2007, 07:49:47 AM »
Here's what Bush Republicans really think about serving our country... as they send others to fight and die.

Republican Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, chose not to serve our country.

Former Republican House Majority Speaker, Dick Armey, chose not to serve our country.

Repblican Texas Senator Phil Gram got several deferments (4?).

Republican Jack Kemp chose not to serve our country, because of a “bad knee,” but that didn’t stop him from playing pro football.  (No Pat Tillman he.)

Republican House Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, chose not to serve our country.

Republican House Majority Whip, Roy Blunt, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Representative Dana Rohrabacher chose not to serve our country.

Republican Senate Majority Leader, Bill Frist, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Majority Whip, Mitch McConnell, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Rick Santorum, third ranking Republican in the Senate, chose not to serve our country.

Former Republican Majority Leader, Trent Lott, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Bush official Elliot Abrams, convicted in Iran contra, chose not to serve our country.

Attorney General John Ashcroft received 7 deferments.

Jeb Bush chose not to serve our country.

Bush's chief political guru, Karl Rove, chose not to serve our country.

Republican moralizer in chief, Bill betting Bennett, chose not to serve our country.

Sean Hannity chose not to serve our country, but has no trouble denegrating any Democrat veteran.

Bill O'Reilly chose not to serve our country.

Rush Limbaugh got out because of a “pilonidal cyst” (read: boil on his butt), but has no trouble denegrating any Democrat veteran.

Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and serial adulterer, chose not to serve our country.

Co-leader neocon and Iraqi war booster, Paul Wolfowitz, had no trouble sending others to die in war, but chose not to serve our country himself.

Co-leader neocon Iraqi booster, Richard Perle, also had no trouble sending others to die and get maimed in Iraq, but chose not to serve our country himself.

And Dick – doing business with the enemy, I had better things to do than serve my country – Cheney, seems to have received his last deferment by bedding down his wife and making her with child.

Democrats who served: Representative Dick Gephardt, Representative Bonoir, Senator Tom Daschle, Vice President Al Gore, Senator Bob Kerry, Senator Inouye, Senator John Kerry, Representative Charles Rangel, Senator Max Cleland, Senator Teddy Kennedy, Senator Tom Harkin, Senator Jack Reed, Senator Fritz Hollings, Boswell, Peterson, Thompson, McBridge, Pete Stark, Gray Davis... Senator George McGovern, Senator John Glenn, Vice President Walter Mondale, and, except for Ike, President Jimmy Carter, who served more years in the service than any other president.

Of course, there are many Democrats who didn’t serve our country, including President Bill Clinton.

However, Democrats aren’t the ones VILIFYING real VETERANS.

That would be the Bush-Cheney team, sanctioned by our “Mission Accomplished” commander in chief and his draft dodging Dick.

And what about George W. Bush’s service record, WHICH HE IS LYING ABOUT ON HIS RESUME?

Frankly, no one knows for sure.

There are missing, secret and scrubbed files.

And the White House won’t let anyone talk about it
911 INSIDE JOB !

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2007, 08:01:06 AM »
I'd have to go.

Serving is part of our American duty.

I'd be pissed, LOL! But would still go.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2007, 08:28:22 AM »
vinny your right..now im pissed.. i remember when rudy guiliani promised the people of ny that he would clean up the streets.. he ordered all of us nypd guys to risk our lives getting the streets back and getting rid of the drug dealers.. he never even served as a cop -but he ordered us to do it. what a jerk ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:41 AM »
vinny your right..now im pissed.. i remember when rudy guiliani promised the people of ny that he would clean up the streets.. he ordered all of us nypd guys to risk our lives getting the streets back and getting rid of the drug dealers.. he never even served as a cop -but he ordered us to do it. what a jerk ::)

the point is that one who hasn't served doesn't have the experience and perspective of one who has, when it comes to sending men to their deaths.

To those without experience, war is a numbers game.  Those who have fought will take into consideration many more factors.  War is nothing but a book to a lot of these guys, a chess game.  McCain and Kerry know what it's like to bleed for your country and look down death.  The college students who become lawmakers do not.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2007, 08:35:52 AM »
the point is that one who hasn't served doesn't have the experience and perspective of one who has, when it comes to sending men to their deaths.

To those without experience, war is a numbers game.  Those who have fought will take into consideration many more factors.  War is nothing but a book to a lot of these guys, a chess game.  McCain and Kerry know what it's like to bleed for your country and look down death.  The college students who become lawmakers do not.

yes i agree.

Military service and preferably combat experience would be great for every president to have.   My son, even joking suggested it become a requirement.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »

Look at ti this way, I bet Fire guys are mad that he never was a fireman, garbage men are mad too. A guy can't do everything.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2007, 10:40:52 AM »

Some of the biggest proponents of war have been the greatest heroes in US history

George Patton:

A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow

Douglas MacArthur:

It is a fatal error to enter any war without the will to win it
All great civilisations, in their early stages, are based on success in war

In war there is no substitute for victory

Thomas Jefferson:

From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.

JFK

A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »
Some of the biggest proponents of war have been the greatest heroes in US history

George Patton:

A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow

Douglas MacArthur:

It is a fatal error to enter any war without the will to win it
All great civilisations, in their early stages, are based on success in war

In war there is no substitute for victory

Thomas Jefferson:

From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.

JFK

A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living.

I agree.

I think the idea here is that a president with combat experience won;t irresponsibly send our troops to war as Bush has.  But is willing to do what's necessary and go to war when warranted.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
I agree.

I think the idea here is that a president with combat experience won;t irresponsibly send our troops to war as Bush has.  But is willing to do what's necessary and go to war when warranted.

Interesting that of the last 9 conflicts the US entered, only 4 were entered into by presidents that had combat experience:

Korea by Truman
Vietnam by Eisenhower (continued by Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon all with combat exp.)
Panama and Gulf 1 by Bush 1

The other 5 were by non combat presidents

WWI by Wilson
WWII by FDR
Grenada by Reagan
Bosnia by Clinton
Iraq by Bush

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »
Interesting that of the last 9 conflicts the US entered, only 4 were entered into by presidents that had combat experience:

Korea by Truman
Vietnam by Eisenhower (continued by Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon all with combat exp.)
Panama and Gulf 1 by Bush 1

The other 5 were by non combat presidents

WWI by Wilson
WWII by FDR
Grenada by Reagan
Bosnia by Clinton
Iraq by Bush

Wow, very interesting.....

I guess that's the difference between "Theory and Reality"

P.S.  We were in Nam with Ike?  didn't we just have advisors there after the French left and didn't start sending ground forces until JFK?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
Wow, very interesting.....

I guess that's the difference between "Theory and Reality"

P.S.  We were in Nam with Ike?  didn't we just have advisors there after the French left and didn't start sending ground forces until JFK?

They list the war from 1960-75. I always thought it was 1963-75. hmmm

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2007, 05:41:53 AM »
kh300 time for a donut bro ! :P
911 INSIDE JOB !